PDA

View Full Version : Sharing ShowXpress light show files... Specifically Intim LED Spot 350 for Totems

Djgroovetech
09-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm just getting into DMX programming and was going to get the USB cord for Chauvet's ShowXpress. I already downloaded the software and imported the fixtures I have. The main fixture I would like to program are the Intimidator LED Spot 350's. I need some files to hold me over while I learn how to program myself. Also, being able to see the settings will help me learn how its done.

Are you able to download pre-programmed shows from somewhere or is anyone willing to share? I run these on TOTEMS and I'm looking to keep the light in the front of the room and on the dancefloor. When they run in sound active mode they seem to always face away from the crowd.

any links to sites where these files exist?

Thanks guys.

CQE DJs
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Great idea as I have the same lights, but I am not sure it's possible as everyone probably has their fixtures on a different DMX address. So if you import my "show", it won't necessarily line up with what you need. May be possible as I am not an expert on ShowXpress but I know I messed up my setup screen and deleted fixtures. When I put them back I couldn't run any of my old shows because all the addresses were off.

Dj DussT
09-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Just curious, I have the inno spots --- do intimidators not have multiple built in programs? My inno spots have 4 to choose from. #2 for example keeps the spot forward.

Djgroovetech
09-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Just curious, I have the inno spots --- do intimidators not have multiple built in programs? My inno spots have 4 to choose from. #2 for example keeps the spot forward.

I wish they did. They let you control the pan and tilt (180,90) but that doesn't allow me to keep the light forward. Its more for keeping it straight up and down which would only be beneficial if they were hung high up in a night club setting.

If I'm wrong, someone please chime in.

Djgroovetech
09-04-2014, 04:23 PM

Djgroovetech
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Great idea as I have the same lights, but I am not sure it's possible as everyone probably has their fixtures on a different DMX address. So if you import my "show", it won't necessarily line up with what you need. May be possible as I am not an expert on ShowXpress but I know I messed up my setup screen and deleted fixtures. When I put them back I couldn't run any of my old shows because all the addresses were off.

Let's assume someone programmed shows for just a pair of Intimidators.... And ran that on address 1. Could it work then?

CQE DJs
09-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I would think that could work. But I am not going to redo all of my current programs to move my intimidator spots to address 1. I doubt anyone else would either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coronaoperator
09-07-2014, 01:08 AM
I would think that could work. But I am not going to redo all of my current programs to move my intimidator spots to address 1. I doubt anyone else would either.

Then just address the intimidators to whatever channel(s) the show is programmed for. You don't have to start at address 1.

CQE DJs
09-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Yes. But if I have other fixtures programmed. So if the spots are overlapped with other fixtures it won't work. Going back to my original statement.