PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules for posting in Mix Submissions now?

Sigma
09-02-2014, 04:41 AM
I started this thread in there: -

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?42547-quot-Why-can-t-I-post-in-this-section-quot-New-rules!-(Mods-please-pin-this-post)

The information I gave came from the long thread in here started by diceallion, via this post from Marc S: -

100 rep, 30 days, or 60 posts. Whichever occurs first
That's clearly not the case though, as a guy has just PMed me and said he can't start threads in Mix Subs even though he's been a member since June.

I searched the site FAQ for the term "submissions" and there were 0 results. I can't find the rules anywhere. What are they? Where are they?

Sigma
09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
9 hours later and nobody knows???

Adzm00
09-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I don't know.

But the rule should be if your name is Baller95, you shouldn't be allowed to post... EVER!

Marc S
09-02-2014, 03:13 PM
as far as I was aware, those should be the limitations, that's what they were set at, I cant go in and change/check them. i've made admin aware to check.

Marc S
09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
what member is it? how many posts does he/she have

Baller95
09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't know.

But the rule should be if your name is Adzm00, you shouldn't be allowed to post... EVER!

Excellent idea! :tup:

Sigma
09-02-2014, 04:02 PM
what member is it? how many posts does he/she have
He only has 1 post. My guess is that it's set so you have to fulfil all 3 requirements, not just any 1 of them.

I don't know the member's name as I deleted his PM as my inbox was full.

Marc S
09-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I dont think you dont need all 3, but i think the minimum post count is probably the reason why,

He'd probably just get abused by certain people anyway for not having enough djf points,

A.R.F.
09-18-2014, 09:30 AM
I am currently running into that issue, I would like to post a mix to have it evaluated buy you guys and I am unable to. I haven't been very active, just starting out, but have been a member for a bit now. Finally made my first recording and trying to get some feedback. Thanks for any help/info on the matter.

Smallz
09-18-2014, 11:47 AM
This is from the announcement (http://www.djforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=18) KLH posted on the sub-forum:

As of June 2014, DJF has enacted a new policy. To post within the Mix Submissions or Track Submissions sections, members will have to be in good standing and meet these requirements:

* Be a member in good standing for 30 days
* Possess 100 positive reputation points

If you have any questions, please post your concerns within the Site Discussion section of DJF.

so it looks like you have to satisfy both of those things. if you've done those things, it's best to PM a mod on that sub-forum about it.

A.R.F.
09-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys, @Manu

inthered
09-20-2014, 09:07 AM
I understand that I don't yet qualify to post in the mix-sub-forum. However, in order to do so, how do I achieve "100 positive reputation points"?

I'm not a power poster, nor will I ever be because I'm a family man now, but I have posted advice based on my 18+ years of vinyl DJing and 12+ years of audio editing, mixing, and production. I'm hardly a novice or net taker of information.

By the way, I totally agree with this kind of regulation and moderating. It does help to deal with spammers and takers.

Sigma
09-20-2014, 10:24 AM
I understand that I don't yet qualify to post in the mix-sub-forum. However, in order to do so, how do I achieve "100 positive reputation points"?
People can leave positive or negative reputation on a post by clicking the hexagram under the user's info. How much rep you gain depends on how much rep the person leaving you rep has. My "rep power" is 138, so if I leave someone rep they gain 138 points. I've just left you some rep, so you should be good to go now.

inthered
09-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Got it. Thank you.

TheRabbitMonk
09-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Got it. Thank you.

just goes to show if your not spamming, there always be someone who will help you out.

boraboramusic
11-13-2014, 12:48 PM
ugh this sucks.. i just want to post my mix! check out my profile: www.soundcloud.com/boraboramusic

TheRabbitMonk
11-14-2014, 07:18 AM
well before i look at your link, please listen to all the other dj's on the website mixes first. once you've done that i will happily have a look at your profile.

Andore
12-26-2014, 05:41 PM
I am new to this site since 5 minutes ago, I thought that I could share my mix on this forum.
It looked like a brilliant idea to share my mix wit the rest of the world and not only my facebook friends :( But now I see there are strickt rules for posting in the submission section.
30 days seems long to me, nothing to do about it I gues?

Ellissentials
12-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Nothing but contribute :tup:

DJ Rezman
01-21-2015, 03:59 AM
I for some reason cant post any new threads... somebody help!!

Badger
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
There used to be a big, highlighted thread at the top of the Mix Submissions area that detailed what was required in order to post there.

However, unless I'm just going blind in my old age, that thread is no longer there.

Anybody know what happened? And could that thread be reinstated?

:badger:

KLH
01-25-2015, 09:18 AM
The announcement expired on Dec 31, 2014. I reset the expiry date and so all should be good now.

Thanks everyone. Rep to whoever can get it.

J.I.W
01-28-2015, 09:21 PM
EDIT * Question answered by mod in pm THANKS

Hahnstudios
04-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Have posted some of my mixes for a couple of years now and now I have to read that I have to collect "reputation points" before I can go on posting my mixes.
100 points means I have to post a lot of bullshit commentaries, because I haven't got the time to listen to all the mixes and tracks carefully.
So that's the end for me in your forum, which makes me very sad. But I don't see any other ways to go on!!

Bye, Bye!!

TheRabbitMonk
04-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Bye. thanks for posting this last lot of bull shit and by the way I have no time to listen to any of your mixes.

Marc S
04-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Have posted some of my mixes for a couple of years now and now I have to read that I have to collect "reputation points" before I can go on posting my mixes.
100 points means I have to post a lot of bullshit commentaries, because I haven't got the time to listen to all the mixes and tracks carefully.
So that's the end for me in your forum, which makes me very sad. But I don't see any other ways to go on!!

Bye, Bye!!

because contributing to the community you want to listen to your stuff is so time cnsuming, and openly admitting you're not going to return the favour is a great way to make sure nobody gives a shit about your mixes.

Baller95
04-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Bye, Bye!!

L8r m8 :tup:

KLH
04-04-2015, 06:13 PM

Bye, Bye!!
... and that's the reason for the policy. Thankfully it works.

YRAME
05-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Ops i'm really sorry, this is a message for the mod,
I open a post in "off topic" and i just find that inside that section,
Sorry for the "useless" post in the wrong section!
Someone can help me with the "reputation point?"

KLH
05-08-2015, 05:48 PM
^ All you need is in the FAQ (http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation).

L3VER MUSIK
11-29-2015, 03:16 PM
excuse my noobness - but how do you aquire positive rep points and where can you view these points once you have them.

Dix
11-29-2015, 03:22 PM
excuse my noobness - but how do you aquire positive rep points and where can you view these points once you have them.

By posting useful info. If people like what you post, they will issue you positive rep. Its the idea but its not as popular as it used to be, although some people still give rep on useful posts.

Hope this helps :)

Baller95
11-29-2015, 04:02 PM
If you click on "settings" on the top right of the page you can see the rep you've received and given. :tup:

L3VER MUSIK
11-29-2015, 05:14 PM
sweet thanx guys -- is it super against the rules to post without those points seeing as they may not come for a while? i want to share and have allready not knowing the rules ( my bad lol ) - i just dont want to offend the forum

Baller95
11-29-2015, 05:32 PM
sweet thanx guys -- is it super against the rules to post without those points seeing as they may not come for a while? i want to share and have allready not knowing the rules ( my bad lol ) - i just dont want to offend the forum

Not at all! The more you post the better (given that it's not spammy posts). I'll give you some rep now for taking the initiative to ask. (There ya go I just gave you your second star ;))

L3VER MUSIK
11-29-2015, 06:28 PM
AH SNAP! lol thanx man thats awsome i appreciate it

Manu
02-06-2016, 05:31 AM
There are rules apparently, and then there's spam. Even reporting it is a waste of time, as it's now consistently not removed. One obvious example on this page (there is more in other sections): http://www.djforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?27-Trance

Dix
02-06-2016, 06:29 AM
There are rules apparently, and then there's spam. Even reporting it is a waste of time, as it's now consistently not removed. One obvious example on this page (there is more in other sections): http://www.djforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?27-Trance

Manu, as you know, we have been very limited on available mods over the past year or so. The problem has been that the mods we have had, only have certain sections they can moderate. For example, the section you posted, there has been no one over that section except super mods. Some super mods are only coming here once a week or so & some reported posts are several page or so back & don't get seen by that time, I am assuming. I will speak up for KLH though. I would sometime show up here, (I usually go to "New Posts") & there would be 8 or 10 reported posts listed & I am thinking WTH? Then I look at them & its reported posts that KLH had taken the time to go through in the mods forum (where they are sent to) & take care of them. Now that KLH & I are Admins this is something that we plan to work on down the road. Now, I don't know if adding or changing member status is something that we can do but its something we are going to be looking at.
Keep in mind, we are not the owners. As admins, we cant get into every aspect behind the scenes. There is a LOT that we cant do. We are still learning, applying changes & making improvements where we can. So, we will work on the mod issue as we can but only by the authority we have.

If you see spam or ANY posts that need to be addressed, please, please report it and we will take care of it the best we can. Keep in mind that, although we are admins, we are still only two people. I know Marc still comes here often & he address's some things as he see's them, as do some others. Since we have been admins, we have seen an increase in the number of super mods that have shown up. Hopefully this situation will get better. But as for right now, we still dont have the participation we once had so we still may not get everything. We just ask that you please continue to report any post that needs attention.

KLH
02-06-2016, 09:01 AM
There is a lot of spam in the music sections in particular. We have taken longer to address this because the enforcement of rules there have lax in the past.

I simply want it cleaned up once and rules posted so there's no confusion... so I'm seeking feedback (which you'll see a thread on).

Manu
02-06-2016, 09:27 AM
I've just repped the guy, so now he can access the mix forum..

Out Of Stock
04-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Hey guys! been on this forum for a while now. Is there any way to get those 100 reputation points? I have listened to many mixes with leaving proper comments as well! I'd love to share with you my content- this would get me more motivated. I will appreciate your help! Cheers! ;)

Dix
04-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Rep given... enjoy

Baller95
04-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Hey guys! been on this forum for a while now. Is there any way to get those 100 reputation points? I have listened to many mixes with leaving proper comments as well! I'd love to share with you my content- this would get me more motivated. I will appreciate your help! Cheers! ;)

Repped and gave you two stars at once?! :tup:

Out Of Stock
04-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Repped and gave you two stars at once?! :tup:

Wow! Thank you! This made me happy! Cheers! :)

Out Of Stock
04-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Rep given... enjoy

Thank you! But I am still not able to make a new post in mix submissions! :)

Jamie D Music
04-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Thank you! But I am still not able to make a new post in mix submissions! :)

I've just repped you so try again :) I'll look out for your uploads :tup:

Dix
04-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Wow! Thank you! This made me happy! Cheers! :)

I'm not 100% sure how the previous admins set that up. You may not be able to post in the mix section until you have 50 or 60 posts. I cant be sure but....... you may have to have both.. 100 rep points & 50 posts or whatever.

Out Of Stock
04-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Hey Jamie thanks!

Just noticed your'e from Gloucestershire! I used to live in Cheltenham for 4 years! Played in Subtone couple of times! :)

Out Of Stock
04-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure how the previous admins set that up. You may not be able to post in the mix section until you have 50 or 60 posts. I cant be sure but....... you may have to have both.. 100 rep points & 50 posts or whatever.

Ok, I see! Ill do my best to get more posts! :)

dmn
05-24-2016, 03:58 AM
I don't do this for rep points or fame. I do it because I like it. I do it for the beauty of it. I post/share these sets because someone else might enjoy them, or someone might get inspired by them, or someone might get through tough times with them, or whatever. I don't need to see any comments or feedback about my sets. These rules will make you lose a lot of quality set posts and gain a lot of comment posts. I'm just talking about the Mix Submissions thread.

Anyway, it's your forum.

Best wishes.

DTR
05-24-2016, 06:52 AM
^^^ This is a forum for discussion, not just posting mixes. Before the rules were put in place, the forum was inundated with mix-related spam.

Manu
05-24-2016, 08:59 AM
As above. Before the new rule was implemented, the mix forum was flooded with one post noobs mixes and the content was often "just bought my first controller check this out". As a result, mixes from regular, contributing members were pushed down the bottom. This issue was mentioned by many users which is why the rule was put in place. It's not just a knee jerk decision from one admin, but rather the community.

cooper1210
07-24-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm new to the forum, how on earth do I start a new thread to submit a mix?

Capitan
07-24-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm new to the forum, how on earth do I start a new thread to submit a mix?

It is explained here...

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?45780-IMPORTANT-NEW-MIX-SUBMISSIONS-RULES-Please-read

Pio Grün
09-05-2016, 04:29 PM
I donīt know how to post my mix :/

andymunro
09-05-2016, 06:10 PM
I donīt know how to post my mix :/

See post above yours :)