PDA

View Full Version : Video Intro Animation Design?

DYM
08-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Not sure if anyone knows anybody but I am looking to get a looped video made of my logo appearing to put onto screens. Please point me in the right direction. Also looking for a good program to generate moving text in.

DJ Bobcat
08-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Not sure if anyone knows anybody but I am looking to get a looped video made of my logo appearing to put onto screens. Please point me in the right direction. Also looking for a good program to generate moving text in.

I think what you're looking for is a gif animator. I haven't used one since the early versions of Microsoft Front Page, which came with one. You can get free software to do it now. Just Google "gif animator".

DYM
08-29-2014, 09:56 PM
I ended up getting Motion 5 for Mac.. does what I need so far for text.

Submarine Vibes
09-03-2014, 05:59 AM
You can make Gif.s in Photoshop too. Or you can check Adobe After Effects :)
It's not so simple but you can find some video tutorials :)

Greetings.

kir mokum
09-15-2014, 02:35 AM
the standard for motion graphics is after effects (often paired with a 3D package) but that motion program looks like it would do the trick. photoshop and .gifs are useless motion graphics.

efinque
03-26-2018, 07:33 AM
GIMP can do pretty much the same as Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.. although it's not as user-friendly and a bit more complicated, partially because of the script engine. You need to know more about how transitions and animation stuff works because afaik GIMP has no "tweening" (short for in-betweening which is a PS feature) or video render; the tweening in GIMP is achieved using Python/Ghostscript or similar code which can be confusing at first.

Back in the day (like when Photoshop was CS2) I used to do animation by hand which is an accurate method if you're persistent enough but due to the fact that there were no "Unify layer"-commands and stuff the end results were sort of goofy.. but it's a good thing too; a lot of stuff has to be fine-tuned frame by frame after the main animation sequences.

EDIT : I just read an Adobe Photoshop CS4 handbook which I picked up from the library... I haven't really done animation in like 10 years..