PDA

View Full Version : DDJ SX - Going Back - lubrication issue!!!

TIMMBO
08-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Right , love my sx but recently had issues again with my right platter not responding in vinyl mode.
http://youtu.be/TVAwDolRyi0
Rang pioneer and they have confirmed that there is an issue with the platters on the sx since day one.

He said its down to the lubrication that's used on the platter didn't really say what!

Anyhow , I'm having to venture to Leeds again to return my sx and get it sent off to be fixed.
I recorded footage on my mobile as a little bit of evidence as you can guarantee it will work when they try it lol.

Certainly recommend this sx but it really does piss me off when they are selling equipment they know can become faulty.

Anyhow , will keep you all well informed.

Blackdevil77
08-19-2014, 03:17 PM
The SAME EXACT thing happened to me!!! Only with me it was the left platter. After unplugging it, spinning the platter and letting it sit for a day, the problem went away and hasn't came back since. I've had it too long to return it. I just hope it doesn't happen at a gig

TIMMBO
08-19-2014, 03:36 PM
The fact that pioneer is aware of the problem I would argue the case that the fact they are selling goods known to "possibly" have this fault they should deal with the problem warranty or not.
I can't remember the exact problem , I'm sure it was the wrong lubricant used on the platter!
But they certainly said that there was a problem.

I rarely used vinyl mode, occasionally do the odd spin back and it's not had any hammer ! And only 4 months old

Blackdevil77
08-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Agreed. I want the SZ anyway, whenever I decide to pull the trigger on that, this will be my back-up controller. I use vinyl mode all the time to cue up tracks, I'm still not used to that needle search thingy above the platter.

TIMMBO
08-19-2014, 04:37 PM
See, I'm really happy with the SX , sure if cash was no object and I had the room I would get the sz.
But I've got my cdj's n tts as well so room is tight. . .

Who knows I may upgrade in a couple of years

I may trade everything in for a 2000 or 900 nxs set up.

I just bloody hope this controller has a good life span but after 3/4 months my oppinion on this is leaning towards the negative side :(

TheRabbitMonk
08-22-2014, 01:08 PM
it almost seems like it's in jog wheel mode the way the platter is acting.

Pioneer use to be so reliable and lately they've just not taken enough care.

Panotaker
08-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Same thing happened to me, but it was with a Vestax VCI-300. I took it apart and fixed it myself. I don't know about the SX, but on the VCI, there is a flat copper bar that rubs on the shaft of the platter underneath the platter. It has grease on it, but sooner or later, the metal to metal contact will get dirty, and it will quit making good contact, and you will loose vinyl mode. It looks like yours is doing the same exact thing my VCI did. I bet sooner or later they will all have the same problem. On the VCI it is easy to fix, assuming you know how to take things apart and put them back together again.

TIMMBO
08-23-2014, 08:36 AM
It may be an easy fix but 1stly I'm not taking apart my controller when it still in warranty
2ndly should this really happen after 4 months (well more like 3 and a half months)

I'm on my way home now after just dropping it off in Leeds
I vented my anger out on the shop I purchased it from although that anger was aimed at pioneer no the shop itself!

I just said that if it's a known issue then why atre pioneer allowed to keep selling them.

Once the right platter is fixed is it a matter if time for the same to happen to the left

And should actually be getting it fixed? Or should it be replaced for a new one. (Saying that , this issue could easily happen to that one!)

I want the controller but just feel helpless and kind of let down.

£809 is a lot of cash for me to shell out.

May tesearch into seeing how much my tts , cdj's and controller will get to go towards some 900's or 2000's and a good mixer.

:(