PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Machine Recommendations?

DJ Nada
08-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent bubble machine for me? This will probably only be used a few times, so I'm not looking to buy something high-end. This will be for outdoor use.

DJ instinct tells me I shouldn't go cheap on the actual bubble solution. Am I correct? I've had good experiences with Froggys Fog stuff, is their bubble juice worth the money?

Xane
08-18-2014, 09:33 AM
(deleted)

DJ Nada
08-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply Xane.
I still haven't decided if I'll pull the trigger on a more expensive machine. Looking at youtube videos, those small bubble machines don't really seem to output much. Outside at night with a little breeze and it might go unnoticed by most people. I sprung for a half gallon of UV reactive bubble liquid from Froggys, not sure if I can justify the $150 for a decent bubble machine I'll probably gig with twice...

Xane
08-21-2014, 07:21 PM
(deleted)

DJ Nada
08-21-2014, 07:36 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Billion-Bubbles-Generator-Toy-4-oz-Bubble-Solution-Included-Ages-3-/160867259167?pt=Outdoor_Toys_Structures_US&hash=item25746f931f

This thing?

Xane
08-21-2014, 08:59 PM
(deleted)

DJ Nada
09-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Not sure why you deleted your posts...

I didn't listen to Xane, because that thing looks like a toy. I found a used ADJ Bubbletron and took that to my gig. At the gig, the photographer had one of those billion bubbles machines, and I have to admit, it was pretty impressive. Two of them would definitely put out more bubbles than the bubbletron, and cost way less. So, I guess this is me eating crow. Xane was spot on with the cheap bubble machine recommendation, and spending way more doesn't always mean way better.

Also, UV reactive bubbles don't really work. Just use normal, high quality bubble fluid.

djpeter1
09-08-2014, 10:13 PM
i used to own couple chauvet, wands broke over time and then didn't have many opportunity to use them, now i simply rent , $25 - $35 and works out ok.

Jimanee
09-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Personally, from having provided bubble solutions at many a kids event*, you can get away with not many bubbles. It allows' kids breathing space and they can focus on chasing down individual bubbles.

I've seen some, lost in a bubble frenzy, lashing out at the world in general.

Isn't this a great topic :D

*Mainly bubble swords in parks :)