PDA

View Full Version : Brostep VS. Dubstep...???

DjBetta
08-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Brostep gets such a bad rap from Dubstep PURISTS.

I can't really tell the difference between Dubstep and BroStep....To me they all sound the same. I am pretty sure 80% of people out there can't tell the difference anyways so why all the hate on the Brostep song/sound...??? Most people don't really care anyways cuz it all still sounds the same...I don't get all the hate.

Can someone give me a perfect example of a "Pure Dubstep artist" and/or a "dubstep song example" and also a "brostep artist" and/or "brostep song" example so I can distinguish the differences in sound/beat/song structure/instruments/bass myself and make my own observation/conclusion...????

The only thing I know is that brostep was/or is a "derivative" and/or was born from "original" dubstep. So in other words...brostep is the "bastardized child" of dubstep that dubstep never intended to conceive right...??? And so that is where all the hate comes from...???

What does the "original" dubstep sound like...??? Artist/song example...???

Can someone post a Dubstep genre family tree/outline and history for me and also its different branches/subgenres...???

Thanks.

alencr
08-13-2014, 02:56 PM
IMO you have to explore it yourself and choose what sounds good for you.
Original dubstep producers like Skream, Benga, Hatcha, Rusko, Caspa and such started making dubstep by the end of 90s and with the internet dubstep became famous in 2003-4ish.
Rusko invented that brostep sound with his Woo Boost tune and all of his tunes were always a bit different than others.
I don't really linger in the brostep sound because it is too hars and aggresive to me and lacks lows and some mids.
Some pointers on dubstep styles.
Silkie - grimeish dubstep
Kromestar, Dark Tantrums - ranging from full on "in your face" sound to emotional to cosmic feel to it
Coki - just crazy!... :D
Kryptic Minds - gritty and postapocalyptic dubstep

I think that's about it from me.
Enjoy dubstep or brostep! ;)

RDRCK
08-13-2014, 03:04 PM
I thought someone resurrected a 2010 thread for a second there.

Maxey
08-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I have only ever seen brostep being used as an insult, I wouldn't count it as a real genre. I kinda like how a bunch of people started referring to stuff as bass music because they were so sick of people arguing about genres.