PDA

View Full Version : NS^ vs DX for Serato Video

Nitronic
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm a Serato DJ, I use CDJ 800MK2's and an Allen & Heath Mixer. (I love Allen & Heath)
I do video mixing with Video SL soon to be Serato Video which will also be able to be used in Itch,
That seems like it will be easier to make the crossfader for both video and audio, so I want an Itch controller, also having a much more portable setup will be much easier for certain gigs.

I already stated that I like Allen & Heath products, but the NS6 is TOTAL CONTROL of Itch. All 5 Cue points, better jogwheels, easier one button controls for loop rools, and tons of other goodies. That being said its a little big, espically compared to the much more portable DX. The DX doesnt have the level of control the numark has.

I will be using it for more than just Serato Video as well so dont base your thoughts on that.
Also Dont rule out the NS6 becuase I own CDJ's. I rent them out a lot and wont always have them for gigs, whether I want to lug them around or not.

I wish I could buy both but I cant.

Let me know which you think is better.

KLH
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't change what you're doing until the bugs are worked out between ITCH and Serato Video. When it's as stable as ITCH is now, I'd revisit this.

-KLH

VJ LouNYC
03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't change what you're doing until the bugs are worked out between ITCH and Serato Video. When it's as stable as ITCH is now, I'd revisit this.

-KLH

+1

Once it's stable I would totally recommend the ns6. Great piece of equipment. I think it will be ideal with video as well. good luck with decision.