PDA

View Full Version : When I import Traktor .tsi, my other disappears?

djSHADOWSTRIKE
07-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Hey guys.

So I recently picked up the Pioneer DDJ-SX and have been using the official Pioneer mapping to use it with Traktor Pro 2. However, I have wanted to also use my Novation Launchpad to control a couple remix decks. So I went and found a suitable mapping, and planned on using the two together. However, whenever I import the Launchpad .tsi file, it removes my DDJ-SX mappings from the controller device list. It's almost as if it's wanting me to use one or the other.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here...

Phi
07-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Just to be sure, you are are clicking on the dropdown list and there are NOT multiple .tsi that you can switch between? You can only view them one at a time, but you should be able to use the dropdown list to change which file you are viewing. Can you use the mapped commands for both devices at the same time? If yes, that should indicate that you actually have both files loaded into traktor.

I would also try to make two new "Generic Midi" files and see if the problem happens with those as well.

If you can only ever see one in the dropdown list then I would suggest taking the issue directly to NI's tech support.

djSHADOWSTRIKE
07-11-2014, 10:51 PM
It's strange... like I'll load the Pioneer DDJ-SX .tsi, and in the drop down list I'll see 8 or so mappings that are used for the controller (along with generic keyboard), but then if I also click "Import" and load in the Launchpad .tsi, all of a sudden the only options in my drop down are the one for the Launchpad and that generic keyboard mapping. It's like it erases my other mappings. And then if I load in the DDJ-SX mappings again, it erases the Launchpad mappings. I do not see a reason why I wouldn't be able to use both.

Phi
07-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Yes, that's quite odd.

Try to make a new gen. midi file and see if it happens with that.

Go ahead and start the NI tech support ticket because it usually takes a couple days for them to process requests. If you resolve the issue before the tech support then make sure they get the information on how you fixed it so they can correct it in an update.

You might also have some luck at the NI Forums (http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/traktor-area.105/)