PDA

View Full Version : Denver People! New Friends?

Chinra
07-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Newly moved to Denver, trying to find new friends with interests in similar music etc.

I like Techno, House, Tech House, Tribal, Minimal... you name it :lol:

I'm going to Copper Mountain next weekend for Lee Burridge, anyone else attending? or am i posting in the wrong area / barking up the wrong tree? lol

Godstep
07-07-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm close to the Denver area. And I like all those genres you just posted. Copper mountain is further towards the mountains though..

Chinra
07-07-2014, 11:13 PM
There's a small chance I may not attend, pan-pot is also playing at beta if I remember right :)

I'm actually more towards Aurora but "technically" Denver I guess.

Godstep
07-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Beta is dope!! I like that club. Where you really wanna go is red rocks though that amphitheater is badass and the vibe it outputs. :) Vinyl is pretty cool too for local DJs.

Chinra
07-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Actually, just went to vinyl last week for Catz n Dogz!
That show was tight (roof top too)

Haven't checked out any events at red rocks yet but I know it's a climb to get there lol
My husband and I went to see Booka Shade at beta about 2 weeks ago, great show! Nice setup, and the CO2 was off the chain too lol

Check your messages, I PM'd you :)

Godstep
07-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Last event I went too was the mothership tour. DJ mustard, jack beats, and skrillex all did an amazing job I wasn't there for the earlier sets, but it was at you guessed it red rocks! :) fun time

Chinra
07-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Can't say I like skrillex much.
Dubstep is not my thing in general, one or two tracks in a row is ok I guess but after that I've had enough lol :lol:

Red rocks is beautiful... I will make it a point to see an event/concert there!

Godstep
07-10-2014, 02:48 AM
Im not that much of a dubstep fan, but skrillex gave a good show plus his setup is really cool.
He has a spaceship that transforms, all kinds of lazers and flamethrowers and co2.
theres a lot of visuals.

i think the best one ive been too was Hard Summer there at redrocks.
great producers and it was off the hook!

Chinra
07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Damn, now that does sound tight after all lol :lol:

Haven't been to any shows really worth mentioning as far as visuals go.
Orlando had a few places that were good for visuals but nothing super fancy either lol

M!TCH
07-11-2014, 08:20 AM
NOOOOOO. Beta is awful. I live 2 blocks away from it and haven't been in years. The clubs downtown are more or less shit, tbh. I'm disappointed as Denver has been growing rapidly and our downtown scene has really been bustling (except last year when all of our sport teams sucked). Red Rocks is absolutely amazing, almost any show there is worth going to.

Chinra
07-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Oh wow, you live pretty damn close then lol
I've heard a couple places can be good but it's not often.

I am going to try and be more of a tourist, try to visit as many different places as I can.
Any recommendations on where to go or what to do?

I almost went to Brit Floyd last year at red rocks but ended up not going lol

M!TCH
07-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Downtown is definitely more of a bar scene than a club scene. You can go to a couple of places, but you're only going to hear Top 40. Definitely grab some shows at Red Rocks. Dick's Sporting Center is WAY out East in the middle of nowhere, I haven't been there for a show. Most of the shows I go to are out of town. Global Dance Festival is next weekend I believe.

Chinra
07-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Tickets are a little out of my price range right now lol
So far most of the people I have met, go out of town for shows lol

Recommend anywhere else to hit up?