PDA

View Full Version : Regional sub forum expansion

tekno_violet
07-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey Guys,

Havent been active for a while but will be now that im getting back into it.

But I just wanted to throw out a suggestion that we should expand the regional forums more.

To include popular cities so we arnt just chunked into Southwest USA or East coast.
Might take a while but we will be able to organize meet ups and meet other dj's in our cities.

Right now the regional forums are too cluttered with ads to be able to post a meetup thread without it getting lost.

Should concentrate mainly on the bigger countries like the U.S and England first and see how that goes.

what do you guys think?
I'd def go vip to help out.

Smallz
07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
personally, i don't think the regional subs get enough activity to warrant even more expansion to specified citites. just adding a city to the name of a thread should suffice.

Marc S
07-10-2014, 12:29 AM
i agree with smallz,

perhaps, if you want to arrange/start a meetup thread, contact a super mod, or the mod of that section, and request it gets stickied? happy to do that.

M!TCH
07-12-2014, 11:28 PM
personally, i don't think the regional subs get enough activity to warrant even more expansion to specified citites. just adding a city to the name of a thread should suffice.

i agree with smallz,

perhaps, if you want to arrange/start a meetup thread, contact a super mod, or the mod of that section, and request it gets stickied? happy to do that.

:stupid:

TheRabbitMonk
07-14-2014, 12:15 PM
i think this has been done. any chance you can do the same to the UK and Europe?

Stripe
07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
breakout what you want.. will review it

tekno_violet
07-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Oh hey guys.

So for the U.S for example, the way it is set up now is that every American resident member is chunked into either 1 of 4 regional sub forum.

-Eastern
-Central
-Mountain
-Pacific

IMO with all the event postings, it deters people from posting as it will not be seen, it will get lost quick and too much searching to even bother to enter it.
It would be better to find a local DJ forum, which are pretty scarce.

I think breaking down the sub forums more will promote more local discussions, meet ups, create new friendships. Much like the Music genre forum of House, Techno, Trance, Electro, etc etc

It doesn't have to be too intricate, Just The most member/ music heavy 4 or 5 states/cities within the original sub forums can be added and the rest can use the main sub Forum.
All the event postings can also be seen better as they will be spread out....When they are more spread out they will also receive more attention instead of a cluster of events from 10 different states on one page... Its a win win situation.

For example.

Keeping the current Sub Forum to avoid changing the original titles I've roughly added the main states or cities where the music scene is the biggest.
I originally added states under the sub forum but I've also put in cities in brackets to see what that would look like instead of state names.

Eastern
-NY or (NYC)
-PA or (Philly)?
-MD or (Baltimore)
-FL or (Miami)

Central
-TX or (Austin)
-IL or (Chicago)
-KY or (Knoxville)?
-MI or (Miami)

Mountain
-CO or (Denver)
-AZ or (Phoenix)
-NV or (Vegas)

Pacific
-WA or (Seattle)
-CA or (L.A + SanFran)

Not sure if question marked items above should be added or not, but it is just a rough example.

Based on the member map ive seen somewhere, most people are in the US, UK/EU, and Canada.
Maybe someone from those parts can show us a break down of their countries using my model with very minimal additions based on where our members are and where the music scene is the biggest. I know the Australia/ NZ forums is just fine the way it is.

Canada
-?
-?
-?

UK
-England
-Scottland
-Ireland

EU
-?
-?
-?
-?

Yea?

TheRabbitMonk
07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Uk should be just be England, Scotland, Ireland. You could say welsh as we'll but I've not seen any welsh ppl around but I might be wrong.

Adzm00
08-01-2014, 09:29 AM
No Welsh, too busy sheep fiddling.