03-20-2012, 01:05 AM
No longer for sale, sorry.

Thanks

Minksy
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Too bad you're so far away!

LoveBass
03-20-2012, 06:33 AM
i can also vouch for the evo 5 digital freeze problem being over. THough its sickening to think that they are only worth 800 used. I paid 14 for mine. . .

JohnXVI
03-20-2012, 06:49 AM
I paid 2k shortly after release. I went on to buy an XONE 4D and I couldn't sell the Ecler. The sound quality when compared straight up with the XONE 4D is a no brainer. Kept them both because I'm a gangsta.

prODucer
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
So with the traktor pro....would I still need to buy the hardware thingy? I'm illiterate when it comes to Traktor. I own an Evo 4 now and use an sl1 box with it. I have always loved and wanted an Evo 5 but the issues u had with it are a bit concerning. Did anyone ever give u a reason for why it happened?

If I bought this and it came with Traktor upgrade would that mean I would then be able to sell my sl1? I am definitely a fan of SSL but Traktor interests me as well. I am definitely interesed in this mixer and your guarantee to take it back if it has issues is very helpful. I was going to sell my Evo 4 and go after a djm 900 nexus but now I'm not sure?

JohnXVI
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
So with the traktor pro....would I still need to buy the hardware thingy?

No. Beautiful huh?

JohnXVI
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Just for the record, while I don't know the issues electricsmooth had, my EVO has been rock solid since day one.

prODucer
03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
No. Beautiful huh?

Definitely!

electricsmooth
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
So with the traktor pro....would I still need to buy the hardware thingy? I'm illiterate when it comes to Traktor. I own an Evo 4 now and use an sl1 box with it. I have always loved and wanted an Evo 5 but the issues u had with it are a bit concerning. Did anyone ever give u a reason for why it happened?

If I bought this and it came with Traktor upgrade would that mean I would then be able to sell my sl1? I am definitely a fan of SSL but Traktor interests me as well. I am definitely interesed in this mixer and your guarantee to take it back if it has issues is very helpful. I was going to sell my Evo 4 and go after a djm 900 nexus but now I'm not sure?

The EVO 5 is traktor certified, meaning that it will work with traktor right out of the box without the need for any other hardware. I would keep the SSL just in case you prefer Serato over Traktor or would like the luxury of using both but other than those reasons, there would be no use for it.

You are right about the issue. It is concerning and that is why I would prefer a local craigslist sale so that a return can be quick and easy without the extra shipping costs involved. I actually posted the issue here a long time ago and was told that it may be a problem with a motherboard. There is apparently a mod that some people do (adding a fan inside the unit) that would help with the issue but luckily for me, all it required was a factory reset.

Also, I just learnt from a potential buyer that the EVO 5 will not work with 64 bit systems. So, you might want to check up on that if you are interested.

I'm also a bit surprised that nobody local would want it for $800. Just the case and the Traktor upgrade cost me half of that! I guess thats the downside to technology.

Just realized that I'm not a very good salesman. lol

Minksy
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM
I would really, really, really like to see Ecler update their product line again. Or at least issue some 64bit firmware! I've owned three Ecler mixers now and loved them all to death. Bump for a killer deal on a killer mixer.

prODucer
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
The EVO 5 is traktor certified, meaning that it will work with traktor right out of the box without the need for any other hardware. I would keep the SSL just in case you prefer Serato over Traktor or would like the luxury of using both but other than those reasons, there would be no use for it.

You are right about the issue. It is concerning and that is why I would prefer a local craigslist sale so that a return can be quick and easy without the extra shipping costs involved. I actually posted the issue here a long time ago and was told that it may be a problem with a motherboard. There is apparently a mod that some people do (adding a fan inside the unit) that would help with the issue but luckily for me, all it required was a factory reset.

Also, I just learnt from a potential buyer that the EVO 5 will not work with 64 bit systems. So, you might want to check up on that if you are interested.

I'm also a bit surprised that nobody local would want it for $800. Just the case and the Traktor upgrade cost me half of that! I guess thats the downside to technology.

Just realized that I'm not a very good salesman. lol

Thanks for the info man. Yeah I suppose a local sale would be best, but 800 for this beast, even with issues, is a great deal! I love my Evo 4! Anyhow, I may look around a bit while u wait and see about a local sale. I do love Ecler but their stuff is feeling a little dated now. That being said, if u can't sell it locally, I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands...

JohnXVI
03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
electricsmooth, do you remember if the issue started after a firmware update? Maybe it was a bad flash or something.

electricsmooth
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I can't even remember. All I know is that I was using it at home one day and noticed the knobs weren't responding. I figured it was a software glitch and restarted the mixer and the computer and it worked fine. The problem never resurfaced until a gig a few weeks later!!! Luckily for me, I blamed the issue on circuit trip and everyone was drunk enough to believe me. Even 30 seconds of silence during a gig seems like hours! So that is when I started researching the issue and someone suggested the fan technique. I didn't want to get into that so I just reset it and re-installed firmware. I used it for another few months at home without issue but I started to get nervous for my next gig so I bought a new mixer. The Ecler has been sitting in the case since then.

I'm actually not going to sell it here anymore. I'm gonna sell it local instead to avoid having to pay return shipping costs if it screws up.

JohnXVI
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah it is a hassle since you live up there. What did you buy?

electricsmooth
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm using a rane 68 so I've switched to serato. I know, it is a bit extravagant for my needs but I liked the fact that it had the side strips tailor made to control my decks. Besides, I usually switch on and off with my brother-in-law who likes his House music while I am more of the Top 40 and hip-hop guy so the 68 works well with that. Funny thing is that the 68 and my decks stay home these days and we take the NS6 out just because it is easier to transport.

deephouse
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I just wanted to say that the evo 5 is one of the best sounding mixers out there. The A/D converters are amazing. I Know this sounds better than my xone 62 and 800 is a straight up steal! Somebody jump on this. You will not be disappointed!
The ONLY downside to this mixer is its size. The thing is a monster.

JohnXVI
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm using a rane 68 so I've switched to serato. I know, it is a bit extravagant for my needs but I liked the fact that it had the side strips tailor made to control my decks. Besides, I usually switch on and off with my brother-in-law who likes his House music while I am more of the Top 40 and hip-hop guy so the 68 works well with that. Funny thing is that the 68 and my decks stay home these days and we take the NS6 out just because it is easier to transport.

I hear you. A lot of DJs are going the controller route and I do not blame them one bit. Congrats on the 68 though, that thing is sweet!

electricsmooth
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I still use my main setup the most but it is just so much easier having a compact all in one solution for mobile gigs

Minksy
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
It's great to see so much interest in this mixer. It would be nice if Johnny Thrice had something to say about it ...

cliffmatics
12-15-2012, 05:32 AM
I would really, really, really like to see Ecler update their product line again. Or at least issue some 64bit firmware! I've owned three Ecler mixers now and loved them all to death. Bump for a killer deal on a killer mixer.

Anyone still interested in buying an ecler evo 5? I have one for sale. LOL, not trying to break the rules or anything but I could sure use some additional assistance to reach 60 posts. I'm sure I can contribute in some ways but don't want to just add B.S. comments in order to reach 60.

reactive
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
im interested in the evo 5.....

cliffmatics
12-27-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121044121869?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649