PDA

View Full Version : Mix submissions requirements

DRIFTBASE
06-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Hey!

One of the requirements "Possess 100 positive reputation points", what does this mean? How do I earn these points?

Currently I'm trying to figure out more about beginning DJing and producing, but I would like to get some feedback on my sets so I can try to improve them. Any chance I can posts my mix in this part of DJF?

Gr Robin

Baller95
06-10-2014, 07:48 AM
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?25225-Requiring-quot-x-quot-amount-of-posts-to-post-a-mix-or-track-submission

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?39883-YES!!!-I-am-bringing-it-up-again-Set-a-limit-prior-to-submitting-Mixes

Smallz
06-10-2014, 08:25 AM
What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.

Reputation may be positive Positive Reputation Icon , negative Negative Reputation Icon or neutral Neutral Reputation Icon. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Link for Reputation (http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation)

Adzm00
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Basically just contribute a bit to the forum other than posting your sets and you will receive rep.

DRIFTBASE
06-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Shouldn't people be 'allowed' to post mixes based on their skills instead of reputation points? There is no guide to earn them. Being nice and helpfull doesn't work either I guess, because I still don't even have one single reputation point :lol:

The minimum posts, I fully agree; first give something to the forum before the forum gives something back. And of course you guys don't want to waiste your time by listening to crap. I'm just saying, I would like to get some useful advice of people with a professional view to become better and improve my skills.

Before I get answers like 'gtfo' or 'take it or leave it', I don't want to be rude or so. I'm just giving my opinion about this whole reputation requirement and why I think it's a little strange.

Smallz
06-10-2014, 01:43 PM
the rationale behind the whole thing is so people actually do give feedback and contribute to the forums so that when a mix does get posted (like you), you have a greater chance of getting that feedback you're asking for. it's so the forum knows that you're not just spamming mixes or taking advantage to only promote yourself. it doesn't so much have anything to do with skills as it is supporting each other who actually give a damn about the site.

it's new criteria, so we're still trying it out.

Sigma
06-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Have the rules been changed again? It was this: -

100 rep, 30 days, or 60 posts. Whichever occurs first.
But now it seems you have to fulfil both of these requirements: -

To post within the Mix Submissions or Track Submissions sections, members will have to be in good standing and meet these requirements:

* Be a member in good standing for 30 days
* Possess 100 positive reputation points

Skasja
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Have the rules been changed again? It was this: -

It only took a few days for someont to review spam the forum: "great mix mate" * 20 in 20 minutes...

DRIFTBASE
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
the rationale behind the whole thing is so people actually do give feedback and contribute to the forums so that when a mix does get posted (like you), you have a greater chance of getting that feedback you're asking for. it's so the forum knows that you're not just spamming mixes or taking advantage to only promote yourself. it doesn't so much have anything to do with skills as it is supporting each other who actually give a damn about the site.

it's new criteria, so we're still trying it out.

Ok got it, I think I should get started then

Thanks all for the replies, it's clear now.

Sigma
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM
I've just given you rep, so that will take you over the 100 point mark. My rep power is 122. The more you've been repped, the more your own rep affects other people.

DJ Bobcat
06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I've just given you rep, so that will take you over the 100 point mark. My rep power is 122. The more you've been repped, the more your own rep affects other people.

How are "Posts" counted? I've posted over 100 times, but my Posts number only reflects about 22. Are there forum topics that don't count?

Skasja
06-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Of-topic forum does notcount, not sure if there are others

DJ Bobcat
06-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Of-topic forum does notcount, not sure if there are others
Ahh... that explains it. I've been spending WAY too much time in the off-topic forums (fun but unproductive) lol. Being a newbie DJ, I really can't add much to many of the topics, so I read them but just keep quite. I'm a PC geek (professional), though, so I can contribute when someone has a PC problem. Thanks for the response:)

Baller95
06-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Ahh... that explains it. I've been spending WAY too much time in the off-topic forums (fun but unproductive) lol. Being a newbie DJ, I really can't add much to many of the topics, so I read them but just keep quite. I'm a PC geek (professional), though, so I can contribute when someone has a PC problem. Thanks for the response:)

I can vouche for that. Thanks again for the help! :tup:

Adzm00
06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
I still think it should have been at least 100 posts, else spammiong occurs.

It's ALWAYS going to be a problem really and I don't think there is a way to get around that.

Also, anyone whose name begins with "B" shouldn't be able to post in mix subs or track subs..... ;)

DRIFTBASE
06-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Thanks Sigma!!

It's ALWAYS going to be a problem really and I don't think there is a way to get around that.

True story, but a member with 100+ posts can still spam the forum with crap.

What about making a sticky topic where people can post their 'demo'-sets? If it's a decent quality set, the moderators can give the person permission to post their own topics. Maybe an idea?

Baller95
06-11-2014, 08:07 AM

Also, anyone whose name begins with "B" shouldn't be able to post in mix subs or track subs..... ;)

100+ posts to post a mix is very unreasonable IMO.

Hey mods, can I change my display name to "DJ Baller"? :teef: