PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting 3 way Beginner/Intermediate Scratch battle - HyeToTheSky vs Rick_N vs DJ CirKutCision

JonAvalon
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
File 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/HyeToTheSky-vs-Rick_n-vs-DjCirKutCision-1.mp3)

File 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/HyeToTheSky-vs-Rick_n-vs-DjCirKutCision-2.mp3)

File 3 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/HyeToTheSky-vs-Rick_n-vs-DjCirKutCision-3.mp3)

Rules:
Rules are simple just basic scratch battle
Hip-Hop Beats/Breaks recommended
2 min max

scottie the goonie
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
File 1 - obviously has more experience and technique than the other two files

File 2 - I was really digging the first part of the file. The cuts were simpler and the beat was funky and it had a good groove at certain points. It also fell off at certain points but props to you for cutting on vocals.

File 3 - believe it or not I thought it was dope to see somebody scratch on a breakbeat. The tempo matched your cutting ability and style. There were some scratches that didn't sound confident but other times, it sounded exactly like you knew what you were doing. If it was cleaner I would have give this one my vote.

DJNR
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM
First of all, good job everyone who entered. All three of you have more balls than I to enter a scratch battle.

Anyways:
File 1 - Some really good cuts. I liked the fast upbeat pace of the cuts. Really good variety and the timings were really good. It got a little off at the end, but for the most part it was really good.

File 2 - The vocal scratching was really cool. I liked the sample you used, but as it played through I felt it was just a tid bit off. Overall I enjoyed it.

File 3 - Props for the breakbeat. The scratching had good flow with it, and you followed it pretty well. If I had to give criticism, I would say just work on the timings a little.

Overall, all the mixes were really well done, but my vote goes to File 1.

DjDisArm
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
thanks for the crits... ^ repped you two

jazzyj
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
File 1 - very groovable. scratches to me usually seem something like you have to krump to it or some heavy cut dancing but this had a very deep in the groove background to it, and the scratches weren't over-bearing. I could feel this just cruising in the car or on the dancefloor. Kudos.

File 2 - I'm not a scratch master by any means. I'm just a listener. But to me... the scratches were overkill. I like to hear the backbeat/melody with scratching used to enhance the overall sound experience. To me, this was just one big scratch. Although the scratches themselves may have been technically on point.

File 3 - Love. Granted it didnt have the laid back groove of File 1, it was still awesome. Made me wanna move. Reminiscent of the ole Herbie Hancock. Loved the beats & the scratches.

Gotta vote for #1 though. It's just my style. Groovin.

digi16v
03-23-2012, 04:06 PM
scratch 1 - you cleary are more advanced than the other 2.
scratch 2 - think you tried to do little to much then what you are skilled yet to do. Good effort tho.
scratch 3 - you were cleaner than 2 but not yet on the level of 1

vote is for scratch 1

Sigma
03-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I can't really add anything to what's already been said. Vote goes to file 1.

Nies One
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
^^^^ file one but they shouldn't have been in a beginner battle.

2 and 3 were more on par with each others skill level and imo 3 edged out 2

Good stuff:tup: