PDA

View Full Version : List of songs

frubeng
06-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Hello!

I am a bit new to this and I'm looking to create a playlist for a wedding (with lots of Irish people). I have already many attempts to start but I am having difficulties choosing which songs to actually select, and how to group them.
Would anyone be so kind as to point me to where I could see sample lists of songs in a recommended order?

I would be extremely grateful for this!!

Frubeng

DJ Matt
06-08-2014, 01:19 PM
im irish and even i cant answer that !

but then again im not a wedding DJ

but i will give you one tip ...mundy: galway girl :)

Best of luck

Jamie D Music
06-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Anything from the Commitments soundtrack will work because it will remind people of the film especially the more popular ones such as Mustang Sally and Try A Little Tenderness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Commitments_(film)

I don't think you need to treat it any different to any other wedding though but keep it top 40 and popular 80's and 90s chart. If you want to play some Irish songs be careful about what you select an keep them middle of the road. For example Irish Rebel songs can cause people to become emotional especially when they are filled with beer so it's best to steer clear of that.

frubeng
06-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the input!
I'm just generally concerned about having songs that go well together (in terms of order). That's why I'm looking for an ordered list of songs as examples...

DJ Matt
06-09-2014, 08:16 AM
not trying to be hard on you here but you see that part is your job as a DJ , there aint no magic list :) that is the difference between a DJ and an ipod.

the human touch.

bring your own life experience to the table. irish people know all the same music that english and americans and everbody else knows.
i dont think there would be a very high expectation of you to cater for the local irish tastes given that you are not irish. and even if you did, you should know about what you are playing and why rather than just picking it blindly off a list.

to given and example. the siege of ennis, is a huge wedding song, (at least in the west of ireland) but i has a special dance for it, and you should know how that works and also you would be able to get on the mic and direct the crowd because the young'uns probably wont know it. also you would have to be able to choose a good version of that song (unfortunatly i cant help you there because i dont deal with that kind of music). bottom line, if you dont know about this , then IMO better off playing it safe and just doing a generic wedding set. with a little irish flavour here and there. just my opinion.