PDA

View Full Version : Novation Dicers....worth it?

ocdjg10
06-06-2014, 11:34 AM
From what I've been reading on here and with some searches it seems these little dice may be worth the $100 investment. I still use my tech 1210s with a Xone:02 sandwiched in between them and SL1 (yes the original) hovering above. I'm trying to incorporate more of a custom sound and utilize the digital advantages that Serato gives which is why I am considering adding these to my set up.

For those Djs that regulary use the novation dicers with a set up similar to mine, how often are you using them really? I mainly do private events and weddings and I play primarily hip hop/top 40/house & trance.

ocdjg10
06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
32 views and no replies... OK how about anyone using these bad boys? Can you chime in?

kyle133
06-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Traktor user here, but everyone I see using 1200's and Serato are using dicers man. Hot cues, loops and loop rolls are going to add a lot to your bag of tricks. Judging by the mixer your using, it sounds like your a scratch DJ. There's a ton of tricks scratch DJ's use with dicers.

I use a Kontrol X1 which is Traktor's version of the dicers, and I would never give up using it. I'm only a beat mixing DJ too.

YouTube a few dicer videos and see what you think. Hope this helped maybe a little :) cheers man!

alazydj
06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I use dicers, I love them.

TheRabbitMonk
06-06-2014, 06:48 PM
i'll give you the short answer: YES!!!!!

worth every penny i paid for them.

allensmusic
06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
I love the dicers, even for weddings it lets be be at the beginning of the song at the push of a button.
I have picked up my last three sets used for $50 each, one on DJF

TheRabbitMonk
06-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Right I'll answer this properly now. Dicers are excellent for cues,loops, and loop rolls. You can also set up other buttons to activate most option on serato.
I would say a must have and relatively cheap as well.

My only issue is I have my set up battle style and I occasionally knock the one on the right deck with my right arm. I need to come up with a solution for this, but other could argue that I'm being clumsy.

Watch some vids but you could just buy them blind and you wouldn't be disappointed.

TheRabbitMonk
06-07-2014, 08:28 AM
I love the dicers, even for weddings it lets be be at the beginning of the song at the push of a button.
I have picked up my last three sets used for $50 each, one on DJF

How long are a pair lasting you? And why have they needed replacing?

allensmusic
06-07-2014, 11:36 AM
How long are a pair lasting you? And why have they needed replacing?

I just started using them last year, and my first set is just fine. my buddy keeps breaking the USB jack off on his so I find the good deals and pass them on. my point was they can be found used for a decent price.

ocdjg10
06-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Thank you everybody for that feedback. I'm sold. I'll be picking up a pair in the near future. Thanks again DJF fam.

TrueWind
06-10-2014, 02:23 AM
You won't regret It. The Dicers should last you a LONG time if you treat them well. I am not a bottom masher, hence mine have lasted. On the other hand, I've nada few buddies who are VERY heavy handed, and well, as you may have guessed, their dicers died about a year and a half later. I've had mine about 3 years (at least) I believe... (got them when they came out). Worth every penny. Compact, lightweight, easy to place, useful, and very reliable.

allensmusic
06-10-2014, 02:30 AM
there are two problems i keep hearing about. connecting/disconnecting the connecting cable between the two dicers while they are powered on can damage them, and turning the turntables battle style and then the mixer hits the right hand dicer cables and breaks the jack.
reasonable care and they can last a really long time.

kaly11
06-12-2014, 12:10 PM
used them countless times without problem

Nicadraus
06-18-2014, 10:31 PM
I also use Dicers & X1. The X1 is better for effects use but the Dicers are best for cue point sampler/sampling. :tup:

jvine
06-30-2014, 12:19 PM
turning the turntables battle style and then the mixer hits the right hand dicer cables and breaks the jack.

This right here annoys me to no end. I've never broken a jack, but I can never get the right jack in a satifactory position, even with adjusting the height of my 1210's.

But yeah, other that that, I love them. I've had mine for probably 3+ years. I'm somewhat of a button masher, as I use them to make/play quick little beats with samples and for cue points all the time. The only problem I've ever had with them was that my usb went bad.