PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

scaleveler
02-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Ok,

so im getting the Numark DJ in a Box package for a nice beginner setup. i know how to mix but im getting more into scratching and i do not know what to use. with todays technology and the computer programs. what vynl do i use. i have traktor on my computer already. but really? i dont know what to use for records.

Boomcie
02-05-2012, 08:21 PM
DO NOT BUY the DJ in a box package. It contains terrible decks with a crappy mixer. Also just having Traktor on your computer will not work.

You will need Traktor Scratch Pro or Traktor Scratch Duo, both come with an audio interface that will allow you to connect your decks to your computer. They will also come with the control vinyl and control cds.

SAVE your money for something better. If you tell me how much you have saved, I can probably recommend a setup for you.

Ocie
02-05-2012, 08:21 PM
You can use any kind of vinyl, it doesn't matter. As long as the sound you're scratching on sounds cool to you. Although, you would need to get traktor scratch.

Boomcie is right though, the DJ in a box package is very low quality.

scaleveler
02-05-2012, 08:29 PM
i have around 200$ saved. im simply looking for a beginner setup to build skills on

Jason Cerna
02-05-2012, 08:47 PM
try to save up a little more. if you're going to learn scratching, the mixer will be the most important piece of equipment.

Boomcie
02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah save a little more. For scratching you really only need one deck. You could find a used Numark TTX for around $200 or a used Technics 1200 for around $250-300. Match one of those decks with a used Vestax PMC 05 for around $150 and you can have a starter scratch setup for around $300-400.

Grab a scratch record and some free loopers and you should be set until you could afford another deck, or an even better setup

dskreet
02-05-2012, 09:30 PM
^
Like everyone said, save up for a better torqued turntables. Better tables are worth it. I went from low range Gemini turntables to Tech 1200s, what a crazy difference. Made learning to mix so much less frustrating for me.

djcrazyfresh
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
wish i would have knew about this site before i got that dj in a box kit ........ you can still use it to learn rite ?

Ocie
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
You can still learn. How steep the learning curve will be due to the decks and mixer potentially crapping out on you in the future, the torque of the decks, etc, is another story.