PDA

View Full Version : New Requirements for posting in Mix Submissions query

Drowzee & Hypno
06-05-2014, 07:42 AM
I joined DJF just over a month ago, looking to get involved with a forum and post a couple of mixes.

Now obviously at that time there was no minimum number of posts required (etc) to post a mix. I didn't really want to be that guy and just spam the place because it seems lik a good forum full of helpful folk.
So I tried to make the effort to make some posts and listen to other users stuff before posting a mix, and that went well I thought.

So now I wanted to post another mix and I find these new rules; which is fine I guess, a lof of forums have similar rules and I see the sense behind it.
i just have a coupld of questions about how to get back into being allowed to post mixes:

I have around 30 posts so a few more needed there, and my repuatation is still under 100 seemingly (not sure how you can teel how many you have, or if it's just the stars that you can see). I have however been a member for more than 30 days, so I thought I would be able to post?

The rules state: "Be a member in good standing for 30 days", is it the good standing part that I am missing, does it need to be 30 days after my first reputation points?

I would like to be able to post a mix i Recently completed, see if it's anyone's type of thing on here, so what is it I need to do to be able to achieve that?

A little bit of guidance would be appreciated :)

P.S. I'm not meaning to come across as moaning about the new rules, I just want to be able to post again.

Marc S
06-05-2014, 10:43 AM
try and post, you should be able to, the rules are not a guildline so much as an account restriction, once your account reaches the minimum it will allow you to make a thread, before that it wont.

Drowzee & Hypno
06-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reputation points, seems I should be able to post as I now meet two of the requirements.

However the post new thread button is not there and down the bottom of the forum page it says I still don't have permission to post new threads.

I will have a look again once I get home, maybe my work computer is being a bit annoying.
If that still doesn't work I will have to contact someone, any chane of a heads up on who would be best to contact for this situation?

EDIT: UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the button is back now, I'll get ahead with posting that mix :)

Baller95
06-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Welcome to DJF, have more rep! :tup:

Just gave you another rep star :D

KLH
06-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Moar rep for actually caring to follow teh rules.

Manu
06-08-2014, 02:34 AM
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reputation points, seems I should be able to post as I now meet two of the requirements.

However the post new thread button is not there and down the bottom of the forum page it says I still don't have permission to post new threads.

The forum refreshes twice a day, this is when it lifts restrictions should you qualify for it.

KLH
06-09-2014, 08:56 AM
I'm beginning to get PMs with mixes!!!

I was looking to post some mixes on here but I see that as of 8 days ago I need to be in a better standing with the forum to do so. I am a new user and don't necessarily want to wait 30 days to be able to post mixes. I know this might be ballsy but maybe if you like the mix I was going to post you could set me to where I can post in the mix submission forum.

It is a Drum and Bass/Liquid mix stays at 174 bpm just over 45 min long.
Link to Mix

Adzm00
06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
PM restrictions time.... ;)

BigPanda
06-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Is there anyway to check how many rep points you have?

rob h
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
what are these points that u get, whats the crack:freak:

Adzm00
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
You get points for being helpful/good posts, other members will +rep you if you do a good post.

However, if you post like a twat, members can -rep you. It is there to encourage you lot taking part in the forum, and the restriction is there to stop people coming here just to spam their mixes.

Baller95
06-11-2014, 08:09 AM
However, if you post like a twat, members can -rep you. It is there to encourage you lot taking part in the forum, and the restriction is there to stop people coming here just to spam their mixes.

In other words, if you're anything like Adzm, expect to get neg repped. :tup:

Adzm00
06-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Hahahahaha.

LOOK AT ALL MY WONDERFUL REP STARS!

SplishDJ
06-13-2014, 04:42 AM
I have been a member for a few years (both active and inactive) and have 100+ points but still cannot post...is there something else I'm missing?

Verace
06-22-2014, 05:36 PM
How do i know about my reputation points??

This rule seems a bit harsh uhn? ppl dont even know how to check this... i mean come on.... 100 ?? In my experience not only with this forum, ppl rarely +1 stuff. I guess this will take forever.... :(

edit: i just realized its not that hard as i though! nevermind it then