PDA

View Full Version : Submissions Areas: Clean up required?

KLH
06-04-2014, 09:20 AM
I received this question from a PM:

Any chance someone is going to go through this forum and prune it of all the excess crap? I know Robbie4Eve or Rivera or whatever his username is only has >100 posts because of posting his mixes. I'd be more than happy to go click delete 5,000 times. I'm so glad to see a change in there.

I suppose that there are two questions:

1. Should Mix and Track Submissions posts count towards member's post count?
2. Should we prune posts that don't meet the new criteria?

What are your thoughts, members?

Sigma
06-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I think you should leave it as it is, so: -

1. Yes.
2. No.

People should be encouraged to leave feedback on tracks and mixes. If a new member signs up and does that, then it should count towards their post count IMO, as they're making good contributions to the site. Obviously, the site has applied new rules to those sections now, but going back and retroactively applying those rules to existing posts seems unfair and it would also be a pain for whoever had to do it.

The important thing is that going forwards, the first page of Mix/Track Subs won't be a n00b's dumping ground and members who do contribute to the site won't have their mixes/tracks pushed off the first page and buried so quickly. I suspect that a lot of people click on Mix Subs, then just glance down the threads on the first page - or maybe the first couple of pages - so the main issue has already been addressed IMO.

Marc S
06-04-2014, 03:43 PM
agreed, leave it as it is, there is really no need to do much more, it will filter out and sort itself in no time.

Baller95
06-04-2014, 05:34 PM
It's fine how it and the old junk can be removed but the new stuff will soon bury it :tup:

Verace
06-22-2014, 05:39 PM
These new rules are a bit rough... i was able to post before. Now it will probably take forever! :(

edit: i just realized its not that hard as i though! nevermind it then

diceallion
06-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Ive seen a huge difference since the changes have been made. Im real happy that now on the 1st few pages, Im finding quality mixes from good contributing members. We can leave it the way it is, but I have no issue with all the 1 time posting of a submission gets deleted.

Adzm00
06-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Delete anything by that baller dude and then we are all sorted.

KLH
06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Delete anything by that baller dude and then we are all sorted.
Done... :lol: :argh:

Baller95
06-24-2014, 10:59 AM
:djchris:

Will MaXimal
06-24-2014, 11:54 AM
I am wondering if maybe we can expand on getting people to hear these submissions.

We have a window on the front page that shows recent submissions but maybe we can have a sub-page dedicated to non-members being able to search through and listen to mixes?

I also think we could start promoting mixes on DJF social media sites..

Just a thought ;)

DRIFTBASE
06-26-2014, 09:20 AM
I am wondering if maybe we can expand on getting people to hear these submissions.

We have a window on the front page that shows recent submissions but maybe we can have a sub-page dedicated to non-members being able to search through and listen to mixes?

Agree :tub: And I suggest overview, because things like 'new summer mix' and 'hey guys, this is my mix (link)' doesn't work for me. Just your DJ alias and the name of your set in the title, tracklist in the post and the mix in SoundCloud at the top. Your call; do we want one-day-flies with names like 'my new house mix' or do we want to see names like 'DRIFTBASE - Clashmash #3"?

And people do listen often, but they do not give any feedback, which is a shame imo..