PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CDJ2000

i3eanpizza
03-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Hey all, im looking for some equipments right now and i've came across the pioneer cdj2000. I was reading about the system and it saids that it includes a mp3 playback + USB. im planning on using a 4-channel mixer and using Pro DJ Link on each CDJ2000. My question is, is it possible for me to hook up my laptop to the USB and directly getting all my music from there?

just FYI, im a beginner but i've been practicing with a starter kit. i feel like i can really be dedicated to DJ so its time for some upgrades, so play easy please :lol:

DJNR
03-19-2012, 01:06 AM
I believe in order to pull music of your computer and play it through your CDJs you need to have a computer running recordbox and an Ethernet cable connected from your computer to the switch/hub you're using to run DJ link.

Edit: I think the USB cable is only for HID control, but I could be wrong.

i3eanpizza
03-19-2012, 01:09 AM
thanks for the respond, i was doing some research on it and it seems like i need to do that as well.

im so convinced right now for a pioneer djm2000 with 4cdj2000. looks like imm be broke! maybe i will start with 2 cdj2000 first.

DJNR
03-19-2012, 01:14 AM
thanks for the respond, i was doing some research on it and it seems like i need to do that as well.

im so convinced right now for a pioneer djm2000 with 4cdj2000. looks like imm be broke! maybe i will start with 2 cdj2000 first.

Personally, I think the DJM2000 is way too complicated, and not worth the money. From what I have read, the low quality screen makes the mixer hard to use and outrageously large, the effects are in weird positions, and it doesn't have any sort of software certification yet. I think the better option for the money would be the Xone: DB4, which in my opinion is one of if not THE most advanced mixer on the market at the moment.

Also worth mentioning that you may not want to go full fledged on getting 4xCDJ2000s only because it is known that there is a new generation of CDJ coming sometime in the near future.

i3eanpizza
03-19-2012, 01:33 AM
ooo i see, well i wouldnt get all 4 in the same time, im planning to take it slow with just 2 for now. But i know that im going to get a 4 ch. mixer. i will look into the DB4 though. but will i have any problem in turns of compatibility? What about the pro dj link? Thanks again for the good respond.

DJNR
03-19-2012, 01:34 AM
ooo i see, well i wouldnt get all 4 in the same time, im planning to take it slow with just 2 for now. But i know that im going to get a 4 ch. mixer. i will look into the DB4 though. but will i have any problem in turns of compatibility? What about the pro dj link? Thanks again for the good respond.

Oh yeah, duh. I forgot about the DJ link for some reason. I know you don't need to link your mixer for DJ link to work, so you may be able to do it with just the two CDJs and rekordbox. However, if you ditch a pioneer mixer you won't be able to get the quantized effects that come with the DJ link.

If you don't want to miss out on the quantized effects, I would consider looking at a 900 over a 2000.

i3eanpizza
03-19-2012, 01:41 AM
ahhh so many things to consider hahaha. i will need to go check it out in person! haah

DJNR
03-19-2012, 01:50 AM
ahhh so many things to consider hahaha. i will need to go check it out in person! haah

Yeah. I would do a little more research into what exactly you want to accomplish with your gear before making a decision to buy anything.

nolimitz
03-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Now that's a lot of money. I wish i had that type of bankroll as a beginner/intermediate lol That's $3,000 maybe $4k not including software. Be aware that CDJ2000's and that Xone mixer would be a lot to take in considering being a beginner.

What starter gear do you have?

KLH
03-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Have you seen the DDJ-S1 or DDJ-T1?

http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/images/gear/mediaplayers/ddj-s1-1.jpg

-KLH

Atomisk
03-22-2012, 12:40 AM
How long have you been DJing and have you tried messing around with virtual DJ? There's absolutely no reason to waste money on that setup unless you are a club owner that needs it for his club or an extremely dedicated DJ who regularly plays on CDJ 2000s at clubs and sees some reason to get a pair of CDJ 2000s to practice on. There's absolutely no reason to get that setup.

Rothgery
03-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Now that's a lot of money. I wish i had that type of bankroll as a beginner/intermediate lol That's $3,000 maybe $4k not including software. Be aware that CDJ2000's and that Xone mixer would be a lot to take in considering being a beginner.

What starter gear do you have?

The rekordbox software is free - when you buy the gear.

And a DB4 with 2 cdj2000 is more like 6500$ That is an awful lot just to get into the hobby - but shit, if you got boats of cash burning holes in your pockets, might as well go big or go home :tup:

At least if you don't end up sticking with it, the resale value will still be pretty good

DJNR
03-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Also worth mentioning that he wouldn't even really need software with that setup.

Rothgery
03-22-2012, 03:14 AM
besides maybe rekordbox

DJNR
03-22-2012, 03:24 AM
besides maybe rekordbox

Can't you just put music on a flash drive and go?