PDA

View Full Version : Black Facade VS Acrylic Facade

Djsmylez
03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok, I have a black facade that I think looks really nice with black or white scrimkings for the speaker stands.

But almost every picture of a mobile dj I see has the white facades with or without the Uplighting.

Am I wrong to think that the latter draws too much attention to the dj booth? Or am I just being old fashioned?

I personally like the look of an all black setup. I mainly do weddings, but sometimes, it does seek like all white facades and scrims may blend in more...

Kinda of in a quandary... What do u guys think?

Black facade or white

A setup very similar to mine.
http://img.tapatalk.com/440bb46d-81ef-ac8a.jpg

pertytown
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I go with white, mainly because it allows me to coordinate everything with their color scheme.

Johnnotestine
03-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I may be in the minority, but I like the black. Looks cleaner and less "attention grabbing" to me. I really like the scrim Kings. Has anyone made their own? I
Was thinking of making some out of the same velvet material I mad my facade from.

Stirred
03-19-2012, 06:00 AM
I think your set up is very clean with the black facade... If you wanted to coordinate with the bridal colors, you could simply grab an additional table linen and drape it over the front.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/mixedbruhnmd/422ae70f.jpg

IMO... the facades with lights can be a bit much at times

wilson
03-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm not a fan of the white ones. I think SOME look good with the right setup and gig, but IMO, those same setups/gigs would look just as good with a black one. I use a black facade myself because it just looks so clean...maybe I'm just stuck old school too though?

RodneyL
03-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I usually only light up my white scrims at parties, not weddings.

I will use white scrims when I have a white table cloth, and vise versa with the black.

bumpyjonas
03-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Interesting thread I currently use a black and have been pondering the thought of purchasing the acrylic facade. I have to admit in some settings and venues the acrylic facade has an appealing look to it.

Stirred
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Interesting thread I currently use a black and have been pondering the thought of purchasing the acrylic facade. I have to admit in some settings and venues the acrylic facade has an appealing look to it.

with that.. is it worth it for use at "some" gigs? I was big on these when I first started up... glad I didn't jump without thinking about it... whenever the facade is needed, the black one works fine

Da Animal
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I must be getting long of tooth... I go with black, no sign, banner or even sticky note showing to "ruin" a picture. I have no problem handing out business cards or if really pushed a pamphlet, but I wish to remain in the background as much as possible. My presence should be noticed thru the activity on the dance floor, not how pretty my gear lights up.

DJRockinRob
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
I have the white style facade with the spandex. Really great facade and all my clients seem to love it.

God Bless!