PDA

View Full Version : SNAPS to whoever gave me an extra star SEXISM

wapples
05-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Hi People,

Thanks again to however the STAR rating thing works for giving me another star. I put this down to something that is probably overlooked on this site. I like to keep things neutral and happy. We have a great community with fantastic people willing to help and advise. If it were not for you boys and girls I would have spent a lot of money on things that don't work for what i do and probably need several spinal operations LOL.

But i just wanted to point out when I post and reply to threads you never catch me forgetting that we are all FEMALE AND MALE> I can understand with many professions there is a dominance of either Male or Female population, so I constantly don't just say "Hi GUYS" i will often spend that extra moment addressing the statement as Guys & girls or if its neutral say People rather than Hi Chaps etc. So just keeping it neutral where we can its what I do and i accredit my new star ranking to that. We are all equal and all have our own special talents no matter what race sex or even age we are. Enjoy and lets keep this a friendly and useful site for years to come.

PARTY ON

OP

Windows 95
05-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Guys (plural) is gender neutral when addressing a group of men &/or women directly.

Although it's often regional.
Here in the USA, it's common to be used gender neutrally in most Yankee states, but not in most Southern states.

Myself personally, if there's a group of women I know, I'll usually greet them; "How are you guys doing this morning/afternoon/evening?". If there's a group of women I don't know, I'll usually greet them; "How are you ladies doing this morning/afternoon/evening?".

wapples
05-12-2014, 03:47 AM
I agree Its certainly an informal ****** modern greeting "hey guys how can i help" but we are an international bunch so I never like to find a nasty message in the inbox saying "YOU MEN ARE ALL THE SAME" Lol thats a reference to The Cosby Show back in the 80's CLASSIC COMEDY! LOL

OP

allensmusic
05-12-2014, 11:34 AM
there is a female here?!?!?

Marc S
05-12-2014, 01:26 PM
less and less, in fact, of the 10 or so regular posters that i can think of that are female, less than 3 still post more than very occasionally

Adzm00
05-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Is this the fashion of feminism spilling over into DJF?

I'm all for feminism, but you know, not everything is about gender.

Badger
05-19-2014, 06:22 PM
For the record, whenever I'm at a restaurant with my wife and the server says things like "So how are you guys doing tonight?," that only gets to slide by two or three times before I start getting a little irritated about it.

:badger:

Adzm00
05-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Why, old man?

;)