PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Dj's Collab?

Th3Technician
05-06-2014, 04:58 PM
So i want to start off by saying this community is really growing on me. You guys are all generally awesome people with great tastes in music. Therefore i want to get to know some of you better. So i propose this idea. Multi dj mixtapes. Like the professionals occasionally do. Pretty much a segmented mixtape. I am not 100% sure how it would work but here is the basic idea. Two or more dj's do there own segments of a mix; say 10 to 15 of their favorite tracks. The first dj will do theirs and then share it with the next dj. That dj then expands on the mix from where it was left off with their own style. Would anybody be interested in doing such a thing? The finished product could be posted on the mix submissions thread and on all participating dj's soundcloud, mixcloud, facebook, etc. If anybody has any ideas on how this might work or is interested in participating leave your comments below.

TheRabbitMonk
05-06-2014, 05:16 PM
It's not a bad idea. At this moment in time I can't say yes. See how it goes and I might be down.

Th3Technician
05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
i hope more people see it that way! Thanks man!

PacQie
07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
I would be interested :)

CountElectrfique
07-19-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm in, if no one minds

Th3Technician
07-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Would you both pm me on facebook? we can get something figured out asap.
https://www.facebook.com/acanthus.morpheus

CleverHans
07-20-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm in. No facebook though.

Charlie Wilson
07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
hey guys, i actually started out a similar project a few months ago where i do my regular hourly mixtape and i get a 20 min guestmix in from friends and people around where i live, its a great way to increase your fanbase and also to add some extra flavour to your mixes. But most of all its a fun thing to do!

Th3Technician
07-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm in. No facebook though.

Preferred way of contact man?

Th3Technician
07-24-2014, 10:43 PM
hey guys, i actually started out a similar project a few months ago where i do my regular hourly mixtape and i get a 20 min guestmix in from friends and people around where i live, its a great way to increase your fanbase and also to add some extra flavour to your mixes. But most of all its a fun thing to do!

wanna participate with us friend?

Baller95
07-25-2014, 05:32 AM
What kinda music?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Maxey
07-26-2014, 05:02 AM
I would be up for this.

Charlie Wilson
07-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Im definately in for making a guestmix of somesort, im sorry i cant feature you guys in my own because its more about people around here in the southern parts of sweden, no hard feelings:)

I actually dropped an episode yesterday with, check that out to get an idea of what im playing!
https://soundcloud.com/wlsn/diversity-003 (Shameless self promotion)

Th3Technician
07-26-2014, 11:54 AM
What kinda music?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Whatever you want man, the more diverse the better in my opinion.

Th3Technician
07-26-2014, 11:57 AM
I would be up for this.

Can you message me either on facebook or twitter so we can talk some details through?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Th3T3chnician
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJTechy1

CleverHans
07-28-2014, 07:38 AM
I'll keep in touch on here. What's the deal then? When are we looking to do this?

BigPanda
07-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Keen.

Th3Technician
07-31-2014, 05:04 PM
I'll keep in touch on here. What's the deal then? When are we looking to do this?

Hans, I just announced the first edition, if possible i would like to make this a monthly thing were we all collaborate and new people bring new mixes and new styles every month. I am greatly appreciative of those who have already participated and would love to have them again. The next edition I would like to release the first of september. i would love to have you for the second edition if you are interested. Sorry for the delayed response, i did not have steady internet for a few days.

Th3Technician
07-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Keen.

Just like my reply to hans, i would love to have you for a future edition. If you are interested in participating please message me on twitter or facebook or a direct message here on the forum. Thank you for taking interest!(Links are in previous comments)

djdusse
08-02-2014, 02:33 PM
I spin hip hop, and I'm definitely down to do this. Sounds like a great idea to expand on your skills/base, and just overall sounds like a ton of fun!

MrCat
08-03-2014, 05:45 AM
This is a brilliant idea, love it. Unfortunately I can't mix and have no kit yet, but I'm just waiting for my first ever dj equipment to arive, and once I've got the hang of it I'd love to be in on something like this.

Xide
08-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I actually had a similar idea. It would be a collab between 2-4 producers and they would make a track together. The producers would have to be Beginner - Ameteur level. Doing this because some people don't have DJ equipment but have a DAW to play around with so why not collab to make a sick track? :orly:

Th3Technician
08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I spin hip hop, and I'm definitely down to do this. Sounds like a great idea to expand on your skills/base, and just overall sounds like a ton of fun!

Awesome man! Thank you for showing interest. If you can find the links to my facebook or twitter and message me i would love to work with you.

Th3Technician
08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I actually had a similar idea. It would be a collab between 2-4 producers and they would make a track together. The producers would have to be Beginner - Ameteur level. Doing this because some people don't have DJ equipment but have a DAW to play around with so why not collab to make a sick track? :orly:

That would be super sick!

Th3Technician
08-05-2014, 04:18 PM
This is a brilliant idea, love it. Unfortunately I can't mix and have no kit yet, but I'm just waiting for my first ever dj equipment to arive, and once I've got the hang of it I'd love to be in on something like this.

I am hoping to do this on a monthly basis. So when you are ready please find my links to my twitter or facebook and message me on one of them, I would love to work with you.

Th3Technician
08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Is anyone good at graphic design and wants to help make artwork for this idea? Message me on twitter or facebook if interested.

Th3Technician
08-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Looking for more people to participate with me. Message me on here, on twitter or on facebook if you are interested.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Th3T3chnician
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJTechy1