PDA

View Full Version : Serato Vs Virtual DJ

xjettx41
05-06-2014, 02:15 PM
I have both Virtual DJ Pro and Just Got Serato DJ because My new Denon 6000Mk2 was designed for Serato.

I never got Serato to work properly it wouldn't find the controller. I talked to tech support Via email and the couldn't find the issue either until they asked for my hardware specs.
They then told me Serato does not support AMD processors....WHAT? Why wouldn't they support AMD processors its one of the leading brands out there. I explained t them I didnt see that it didnt support AMD processors in the minimum specs infact it didnt say that at all. What it does say is when I took a closer look was "Please Note: Some Expansion Packs require higher specs than Serato DJ and we do not currently support AMD processors."

Expansion packs being Serato Video, FX Packs, Pitch "n Time Bend, MIDI Presets, The Bridge as shown on this page. http://serato.com/accessories

Serato DJ is not an expansion pack but the main program and says nothing about not supporting AMD processors. It does say

Processor Intel Processors
i3, i5 or i7 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz+ 3
Core 2 Duo 32 bit: 2.0 GHz+ 64 bit: 2.4 GHz+

But again nothing about not supporting AMD, not that clear anyways. My machine is a 8 core AMD with 32 gigs of ram and 4gb video but wont work with Serato.....

So I kindly asked for a refund since I cannot use the product and only had it less than two weeks trying to get it running. (which is the length of their free trial)

The answer I got was "You’re welcome to on-sell your Serato licence to a friend, however the purchase you made is completely functioning as advertised."
Failing this, can I offer you store credit as a gesture between friends?
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed.

Kind regards,

Bruce Tobin
Customer Support

My advice is stick to Virtaul DJ is has a much higher compatibility rate can do just about anything and they are not out to screw you in my opinion. What would I do with store credit from Serato anyways if my processor is not supported? DUH!

Anyone else had issues with Serato like this...not very professional in my opinion.
xjettx

KLH
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Ahh the old Serato and AMD issue. This is not new as they haven't supported AMD processors for 5+ years. BTW, they don't say that it won't work; they just won't support it - meaning that you're on your own to troubleshoot.

By specifying Intel processors only, they exclude support for AMD without having to be direct.

Anyways, just sell the license if you don't want it. It shouldn't be hard to do.

xjettx41
05-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Ha took them less than 2 hours after seeing this post in a link i sent them in an email to refund it.... :)

KLH
05-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Excellent! I really like Serato. I think that they're a top-notch outfit. I loved them when I used ITCH with the NS7.

Anyways, congrats. BTW, welcome to DJF! Refund rep.

xjettx41
05-06-2014, 05:32 PM
I really wish it would have worked i hear its a great program.

DeltaJuliet
05-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Yea, I just made the switch from Virtual DJ to Serato and have to say I'm so happy I made the switch. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. There's nothing wrong with Virtual DJ though I used it for a few years without a single issues from it. I had the same issue when I tried to use Traktor. It wouldn't recognize my mixer I had at the time which is annoying. :freak:

xjettx41
05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Well if i want to try in in the future ill put a intel processor in the computer and give it a go.