PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into Good Looking Records?

Mahatma Coat
03-18-2012, 10:28 AM
If so check this bad boy out:

Part one:

hdy_YE7P1sI

Part two:

PCCsG-EECJE

This documentary must be at least 15 years old and follows LTJ Bukem and his management team as they try to promote Bukem & Good Looking

Now if you're into Good Looking, you will love this, but even if you're not into Drum & Bass in any shape or form I strongly suggest watching this documentary, it is immense

This whole thing could be a spoof, its like a drum & bass doc' done by Peter Kay.

Bukem's manager is a total goddamn prick, some London wide boy wannabe with his awful Yorkshire hag of a wife; they're totally totally consumed by the desire for money and seemingly don't give a fuck about Bukem or his music. Its a crazy, weird situation; you could not get a more distinct difference between Bukem's management team and Bukem himself, its bonkers.

At first it thought this was a spoof or a set-up, I couldn't believe it.

Just check the moment Tony is in Japan and needs his ironing doing, pure comedy gold.

Doppelganger
03-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Was telling Dave about this a long time ago. Conrad refusing to go on stage because they didn't have the right mixer there etc.

Yeah and bukems manager is a fat fuck.

DTR
03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Good Looking smash(ed) it. I'll have to get around to watching this.

It is a bit annoying that you never hear Conrad mc without an echo.

Ascendant Grooves though :love:

Mahatma Coat
03-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I saw Bukem & Conrad back in Club Nato on Boar Lane in Leeds about ten years ago, they smashed the place to bits... And I reckon Conrad had his echo in full effect.

Check this vid out, you'll piss yourself, I'm sure of it.

Fusic
03-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Video 1 is blocked. Watching part 2 and the manager is hilarious.

Went to some great GLR nights back in the day. I remember dancing at the front one night when the power was pulled early. Ended up talking to Conrad and then Bukem for a few minutes afterwards. Conrad was as pissed off as we were that the set was killed.

Mahatma Coat
03-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Its weird the episode one is blocked, because I can watch it here in the Netherlands

I think there is another version of episode one, because I had a friend in Sheffield who found it

Edit - Here it is found it, maybe you have more luck with this: 0xkXd_BoJlk

sneakyp
03-19-2012, 02:04 PM
haha brilliant - especially when they try to keep a low profile with immigration

what an ignorant prick of a manager though

techs1200
05-06-2012, 08:30 PM
They REALLY need to embrace digital distribution...

Clipdat
05-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Seriously... Get with the times, and release your back catalog in 320kbps MP3.

Synergy
05-12-2012, 07:11 AM
IRONING SERVICE, do you have one? NO m8, IRONING, IRONING SERVICE......IRONING SERVICE.

The Blackest
05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Glad I haven't met Tony. Apparently I heard that he's the reason why GLR lost a lot of artists.

Bukem is a bit out there, but he's a good guy.

Anyone here witness his crucial sound checks? The monitors have be 1/8 of an inch above the tables and he will measure them. Also, he will get a glass of water, place it on the turntable and jump behind the decks. If the water moves, you have to take apart the set up and put it back together or he will not play. I'm serious. He held up a show where people paid $30 to see him play. I felt so bad for the promoters. I will say that Bukem and Conrad DID move the entire set up by themselves to another part of the room. They've done this at Fabric as well and apparently, they no longer play in Russia because of the crucial sound check. LOL.

DTR
05-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I heard he was pretty serious. At least he does it for the good of the gig. It's not like he's demanding a crate of champagne or something... :shrug:

Synergy
05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
yeah but some of his live shows....his mixing is terrible. maybe it was a bit off? I have a progression session from germany and its a little rough.

The Blackest
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I heard he was pretty serious. At least he does it for the good of the gig. It's not like he's demanding a crate of champagne or something... :shrug:

For a promoter in DC, he demanded that they got him General Tsos chicken from a specific place or he would not go on. I know this because on my way to the party, the promoter called and asked me to get it for em.

There was also a time where he went on maaaaaaaaaad late because he..underestimated the power of something and was too mashed to go on.

There are other situations, but yeah Bukem can be a bit demanding. Still I have a ton of respect for him since I learned how to mix listening to his mixmag mix and because he championed the atmospheric sound for so long. Wish GLR was still pioneering that sound. Things change though....

I find it hard to believe that his mixing was off somewhere. Bukem is one of the most solid djs out there. I could be biased though....

DTR
05-16-2012, 11:07 AM
I stand corrected. Still one of my favourite DJs though. I agree it's a shame that GLR aren't really atmospheric anymore. In fact they aren't really anything anymore, they hasn't released anything for three years...

The Blackest
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
A few friends of mine have some releases coming out on GLR. They don't know when though. I remember sometime last year they were looking for a few people to do some PR work for them. Something is in the works. I will say that I am sick of the Return to Atlantis rmx now. I loved it when I first heard it...2yrs ago.

ampnation
05-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Ohio Players had some pretty good looking records...

http://www.earthwaverecords.com/pictures/albumimg/o/a0111112.jpg