PDA

View Full Version : Numark Mixdeck

Nolan Wagner
03-17-2012, 03:55 PM
My Ion Audio iCD02k is beginning to die after 6 years of use :( (Been through many 12+ hour days), and I'm looking to replace it.
I like how the Numark Mixdeck plays CDs, as well as interfaces with the PC. However, I'm not really looking to spend $1000+ on Players/mixer. Here's a link to it: http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=MIXDECK

Opinions?

bloomer
03-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Don't buy anything from numark if you plan on getting 5 years out of your gear. Anything numark breaks within a year, feels plasticky and cheap. They won't survive any travel to gigs. Look into controllers such as the Denon DN-MC6000 or NI Kontrol S4/S2. Both are built like tanks, especially the Denon.

Defiance
03-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Don't buy anything from numark if you plan on getting 5 years out of your gear. Anything numark breaks within a year, feels plasticky and cheap. They won't survive any travel to gigs. Look into controllers such as the Denon DN-MC6000 or NI Kontrol S4/S2. Both are built like tanks, especially the Denon.

Funny my Mixtrack and NS6 both are doing quite dandy. The mixtrack has already paid for itself many times over, has gone through a hand full of dirty messy house parties and with the exception of the main gain fader, has zero issues, by far one of my most profitable pieces of gear. Even if I had to purchase another one, I'd still be ahead.

Djsmylez
03-28-2012, 06:48 PM

No longer the case with the ns6. That thing is built like a tank.

Nolan Wagner
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
There should not be that much of a difference between build quality of products to cause one to break in a short period of time and the other lasts forever. if the company is unwilling to make their other products with quality builds as well, why even bother releasing other products? I'm fairly certain no one wants to buy crap.
as for not surviving travel, I'm pretty sure such isn't the case. if one treats it well and invests in a case, it should be fine.

MeowMix
03-30-2012, 08:24 AM

This is simply wrong. Numark has been making very good quality gear for years.

As for the Mixdeck, I have seen them sell used for $400-500 (might even be some in the Classifieds section of the forums). One complaint i heard when interfacing with Traktor was that the output was a little too low.

contra
03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
I had a buddy who had one, he had lots of problems with the cd portion and apparently the crossfader has a really bad dropout in the middle of the curve. He said the USB worked well on it but it didn't matter, in under a year he sold it and got some Denon 1200's.

DjAaron
03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
I did a review on djf 1.0 a while ago about the mixdeck and I was really impressed with it. I went through 8 gigs with it and never had a issue at all. I brought cd's and thumbdrives with my laptop to use at the gig and you can go between all seamlessly while gigging. I went to a vci-300 but didn't like serato itch at the time and now I am going back to my all time favorite mixer the Denon DN-MC6000.

You might also look into this one as well. It doesn't have cd players but you can add them since it is also a stand alone mixer.

What is your budget for the mixer? that will help us out on helping you on which mixers to check out

whiterob
04-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I used a mixdeck for a few months, and really can't complain about it.. Fells pretty well built, the crossfader drop in the middle is there, but I rarely use the x-fader anyways (more of an input fader guy) so wasnt a big issue for me... I currently have a djm-800 and cdj-400,s and the cdj' anyways really remind me of those on the mixdeck.