PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback/Mobile Tips for Wordpress site

thehadgi
04-13-2014, 10:54 AM
website (http://liftandlife.com)

Making a site for the sis that she can use for some fitness stuff she's gearing up for. Wanted to ask for any feedback the web guys on here might have; my home slider is a bit buggy esp with IE and on mobile devices :confused: Also, wanted to look into optimizing it for mobile; resizing doesn't seem to be working too well so I'm not sure if there is something I'm missing...

Using 'salient'. Not as concerned with graphic related feedback [although welcome], more looking for 'best practice] feedback I can build on if that makes sense. Like my menu bar; it's a mix of 'pages' and 'categories'. Not sure if the hierarchy structure design depends on the template you use, or if there is a 'best' way to structure it.

Marc S
04-13-2014, 10:57 AM
i like the way the top bar expands and contracts as you scroll up and down,

Subprime
04-14-2014, 10:04 AM
My no holds barred response (I am a full-time developer)

The top bar bounces bigger and smaller when you're near the top (Firefox OSX). Also I think making it bigger and smaller is pointless anyway and the logo changing size is distracting. Maybe the effect would look better if the logo stayed the same size.

What is this colossal scroll bar on the right hand side about? I hate it. Leave my browser alone.

When the top bar is expanded the menu and the logo has a different baseline

The breakpoint at 1300px seems unnecessary and forces the top menu onto two lines.

The burger menu comes in too early maybe, I usually try to serve something closer to the desktop menu at ipad size (768px). I think the burger menu itself is a little tall. Consider reducing options on mobile.

The four columns to two at this point is nice

At the smallest break point it looks like the column is fixed width, there's acres of unused space at 690px but maybe too little at 320px (iphone).

On pages with a sidebar there needs to be more separation between the content and the sidebar at mobile sizes, they run into each other at the moment and it's a bit confusing.

thehadgi
04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
My no holds barred response (I am a full-time developer)

The top bar bounces bigger and smaller when you're near the top (Firefox OSX). Also I think making it bigger and smaller is pointless anyway and the logo changing size is distracting. Maybe the effect would look better if the logo stayed the same size.

What is this colossal scroll bar on the right hand side about? I hate it. Leave my browser alone.

When the top bar is expanded the menu and the logo has a different baseline

The breakpoint at 1300px seems unnecessary and forces the top menu onto two lines.

The burger menu comes in too early maybe, I usually try to serve something closer to the desktop menu at ipad size (768px). I think the burger menu itself is a little tall. Consider reducing options on mobile.

The four columns to two at this point is nice

At the smallest break point it looks like the column is fixed width, there's acres of unused space at 690px but maybe too little at 320px (iphone).

On pages with a sidebar there needs to be more separation between the content and the sidebar at mobile sizes, they run into each other at the moment and it's a bit confusing.

Awesome; much appreciate the professional feedback man. Time to dig back in to CSS schtuff :]

Thanks again! I was looking forward to feedback like that

Baller95
04-15-2014, 08:27 AM
I love CSS :)