PDA

View Full Version : Mapping a knob in traktor for loop out move (xfine)?

jbass
04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
This is following up on my previous post....

Basically I want to map the low eq knob to control the loop out marker of my loop so I can manually adjust the size (I want the increment to be very small, such as the "xfine" option in traktor. Obviously this will have a modifier so I can still use the low eq knob for the lows, I just had to pick a smooth knob rather than the loop knobs that have even increments.

How would I map this out in traktor?

If this is unclear (and you have traktor) just set a loop, click "move" in the column with move, cue, and grid, select loop oit from the drop down, then select xfine in the horizontal row, and then play the loop and hold down the left arrow next to "loop" and "fine".......notice hpow the loop gradually gets smaller? Basically I just want to map that function to a knob for an easier access.

Is this possible?

Phi
05-10-2014, 03:20 AM
Yes. I will do a step-by-step for you tomorrow if you could tell me what controller you need this mapped for.

Phi
05-10-2014, 04:49 AM
Ok, I bet this is for an NI S2, eh?

You are going to run into takeover issues when mapping this to anything that isn't an "endless" encoder so I would recommend using the platter for the loop-out move signal, but it can work either way. :)

Do you have anything setup on the midi page already? When you press both shift buttons (A+B) the S2 should go into midi mode where every button/fader/knob are free to assign. Do you want to put the mapping here, or do you want to sacrifice a button or knob from the Native page and get there more quickly?

FreshPerspective
06-23-2014, 07:25 AM
You could map a button that when pressed will change the loop mode, and then when said knob is turned it will move the loop out point.

I believe it would go.... Add In - Modifiers _ Modifier 1 set it to direct mode and a value of 1(Or 0. Is it 0? Play around with this one). Then Learn the control to a certain button.
Then go Add In-Deck Common_Loop_Mode Selector, set it to direct mode and then select "Loop Out" in the drop down. Learn that to your modifier button as well
Then go Add In_Deck Common_Move_and select Move. Change the modifier condition on this control to modifier 1 and a value of 1, then learn the control to a knob. You should be selecting the encoder option for this type of control. You may have to mess with encoder sensitivity and whatnot to get the right feel. (50% sensitivity with 0% accel works well for some of my functions.)
You could get away without mapping the modifier if the button you were choosing and the knob did not already have functions assigned to them.
But I think thats how you would get it done. I dont fully understand modifiers yet but a simple shift type function should work like that.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?40706-APC40-Mapping-Madness!!!-Would-like-some-feedback-please
That is my own custom mapping for my Apc40 which has very similar controls just on some buttons instead of knobs. You could download the mapping and open the controller manager an scroll through the controls and figure out how i mapped them. Just a thought.

FreshPerspective
06-23-2014, 07:34 AM
For overall control you should also map a pair of buttons to increase and decrease your size selector, because if you hard map it to be only the xfine i can forsee you running into timing issues and it would be really slow to use as well. Its nice to be able to change loop size with some buttons because just 4 bars or 8 bars or whatever dont always work and I like shortening up a loop as a buildup is going right before the drop, buttons make it extra easy.