PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Essence Of Sensation - Vocal Mix

Phearside
04-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Hello all, I haven't posted in DJ forums for a while because I've been really busy at college, and have been getting some actual experience here at UCLA's greek life and through my dance music club. I am a student DJ who has been at it for about a year and a half. This mix I was trying to convey a more emotional feel to the music, all tracks with great vocals that just make me want to close my eyes. I hope I can learn some things from you guys, and I would love any feedback. This mix contains progressive/electro house tracks. Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/tambatofficial/dj-tambat-essence-of-sensation

Tracklist:
1. Porter Robinson - Sea Of Voices (Social Status Remix)
2. Sini & James Durden feat. BBCR - Feel (Original Mix)
3. Tritonal feat. Skyler Stonestreet - Electric Glow (Original Mix)
4. Mako - Our Story (Original Mix)
5. Linkin Park & Steve Aoki - A Light That Never Comes (TwoLoud Remix)
6. Klaas - Heartbeat (Original Mix)
7. Yellow Claw feat. Rochelle - Shotgun (Quintino Remix)
8. Showtek & Justin Prime feat. Matthew Koma - Cannonball (Earthquake) (Extended Mix)
9. David Guetta feat. Taped Rai - Just One Last Time (Original Mix)
10. Avicii vs. Eric Turner - Dancing In My Head (Tom Hangs Remix Edit)

Phearside
04-10-2014, 02:32 AM
Anyone? :)!

LALaw
04-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Will try to give this one a listen. Tell us a little bit more about your DJing experience and choice of genres so we can get to know you better.

Phearside
04-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I started about a year and a half ago, under the guidance of one of my friends who DJ's regularly at a club. I've grown up listening to vocal trance, however ever since being exposed to other genres such as progressive house, and electro I knew I wanted to have crowds hear this music. I worked hard a bedroom DJ and ever since entering college and joining my college's electronic dance music club, I've learned different ways of mixing, different genres, etc...

Usually I would make a mix of my favorite tracks, but I actually wanted to convey some sort of theme this time. I named this the essence of sensation because all of these tracks make me close my eyes and just feel the music, all with great vocals that got me into dance music in the first place.

Phearside
04-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Bump!

Phearside
05-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Bump! Anyone? Would mean a lot, I need input! :)