PDA

View Full Version : did anybody catch the new Nas?

moyo wilde
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
i put it in the bomb track but i really think it deserves it's own post.can't believe i missed this when it was up damn! damn! damn! it makes me wonder why nas doesn't just come hard every time? like it seems like he gives effort and then somewhere in most of his albums he seems to lose interest or go off in another direction. why doesn't he always choose that straight heat for his songs? you know there has to be a long ass line of producers big and small that would work with him.
Nas The Don
http://soundcloud.com/nasirjones/nas-the-don-produced-by-salaam

i keep listening can't believe this joint is that hot, sometimes makes you wonder why he doesn't drop more heat consistently this next album might be that heat. i think this is the second song if i am correct.

eh if anybody caught the dl can i get a hook up?pm (before anybody says anything it was up for free dl on soundcloud).

brawny
03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Loved Nasty last year, and upon first listen this may be even better. Beat is great.

Hamza21
03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
For past 2 days everybody been talking about this track like it's epic or something. I can't see it it's mediocre track to me. The beat is sounds too dated and the intro is too long. De La Soul did it better with the throwback track The Return of DST (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbpDZw4zj4) in 2010.

moyo wilde
03-16-2012, 10:33 PM
i am sorry dude this beat is fire. what are you listening to it on cardboard woofers. this beat is going to tear a club up not only that it has that future retro sound he even got a nice break in their that is straight native tongues soudin. and you got to love the fact that hev d gets producer creds.

Hamza21
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
i am sorry dude this beat is fire. what are you listening to it on cardboard woofers. this beat is going to tear a club up not only that it has that future retro sound he even got a nice break in their that is straight native tongues soudin. and you got to love the fact that hev d gets producer creds.

see that's why so many people are going ape shit over this track..it's for club. "The club" routinely plays crappy music so comparing a decent sounding tune to inferior music of course it's going sound on "fire" to you.

I compare music to what came before it not how stacks to up what is trendy. When I hear song the first thing that pops in my head is what it sounds like and then I compare it to all that did it before and then I make judgement; does the sound as good or better than those who did it before? if the answer is yes it's ill track and if the answer is no it's a wack track. All this takes less than 10 seconds for me to do. I have 40 years of music experience I don't accept crap especially when it could have easily been done better. This beat is a throwaway track that cold easily be made in less than 15 minutes. It's not worth all accolades it gets. In six months when people forget about this track you'll see what I mean.

Nonchalant
03-16-2012, 11:57 PM
see that's why so many people are going ape shit over this track..it's for club. "The club" routinely plays crappy music so comparing a decent sounding tune to inferior music of course it's going sound on "fire" to you.

I compare music to what came before it not how stacks to up what is trendy. When I hear song the first thing that pops in my head is what it sounds like and then I compare it to all that did it before and then I make judgement; does the sound as good or better than those who did it before? if the answer is yes it's ill track and if the answer is no it's a wack track. All this takes less than 10 seconds for me to do. I have 40 years of music experience I don't accept crap especially when it could have easily been done better. This beat is a throwaway track that cold easily be made in less than 15 minutes. It's not worth all accolades it gets. In six months when people forget about this track you'll see what I mean.

I'm not certain that this track would tear a club up. If it did, I'd be pretty excited about it. I'll admit that this track will have a pretty limited run in my rotation. But if we're playing this in the club then we're doing something right. I want to chill at spots that can bang a track this good around peak hour.

DjDisArm
03-17-2012, 12:10 AM
LOLOL since when did nas make songs for 'the club scene' you guys are mental cases.

brawny
03-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Hamza's just curmudgeonly. It's his thing.

moyo wilde
03-17-2012, 09:58 AM
one this is a good song i like de la, but this is nice. pos is mosdef in my top five mc's. we can agree to disagree hamza, but as far as i can see if nas dropped an album with nothing but songs sounding like this and nasty it might be another classic, and i am not a nas stan. also how old are you 40 years of music exp? and i am not not a youngin by the by.

you don't have to be grumpy all the time, it is okay to like songs that might make chicks move. i mean who wants to sit in some dudes dingy studio/man cave/sausage fest concert all day. sometimes it's cool, but all the time na anh, not me.

and hye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSJN3WWR3E
also see oochi walli etc etc.

GaFFLe
03-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Where can I find a download of this track? I don't want to rip a Youtube...

moyo wilde
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
that's the thing it was up on soundcloud for a hot minute 300+ downloads and then poof. it is nas's soundcloud, least that is what it says.

dj scotty
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
tracks is hot we need more tracks like this

shocase241
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Yea I'm feeling this Nas track....love the Super Cat sample!

DJ Rob One
03-22-2012, 06:13 AM
FUCK! That was GARBAGE! Nas lost.