PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Trance DJs

ChEeZeBaLL
03-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi DJForums. I haven't posted on here for close to a decade, and sorry if this is kind of spammy, but...

Since 2001 http://AfterHoursDJs.org has provided a platform for DJs to spin live for the masses. We used to have a very active community of DJs, and listener counts used to regularly hover around the 200-300 range. Over the years, DJ participation has decreased to a select few who try to keep things up and running, and listener counts have dwindled to around 30-40 at any given time.

I'd love to bring some life back to the station and recruit some more DJs to play live. All you need is some DJ equipment and a stable internet connection (you run the output from your mixer to the line-in on your computer's soundcard and stream the audio to our staging server). We have a calendar system where you can book whatever time is available to play on the station. Allowed genres range from any kind of electronic dance music, from trance to house to DnB. I'd personally like to add more early 2000s trance DJs since it is my music of choice. If you're a DJ and you're interested in playing on the station, please fill out the form at http://AfterHoursDJs.org/apply

Cheers!

-Geoff

JackStalk
03-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Is it a weekly thing, or one-time per calendar date?

ChEeZeBaLL
03-26-2014, 06:01 PM
It's one show per calendar date, but you can always just book yourself on the same day of the week at the same time if you want to do a weekly show. There's no limit on how far in advance you can book the dates, or how many shows you have booked.

Vernski
03-26-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm keen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irrational_Fear
03-27-2014, 05:56 AM
I'd personally like to add more early 2000s trance DJs since it is my music of choice.

Cheers!

-Geoff

I could certainly help in that regard- 99% of the trance I play is early 2000s stuff, and I have a somewhat extensive collection across vinyl, CD, & mp3. I'm moving house in a couple of weeks but once I'm up & running there I'd love to get involved with something like this.

I'm not sure how the time zone difference would work though!

ChEeZeBaLL
03-27-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure how the time zone difference would work though!

We use Eastern Standard Time (EST) for the calendar, so you just have to adjust the time that you book for the time zone that you are in.

For instance, I'm in California which uses Pacific Standard Time (PST), which is 3 hours behind EST. If I wanted to spin at 5:00pm my time I'd book on the calendar at 8:00pm.

Or if I wanted to spin at 11:00pm on Thursday night, I'd book on the calendar at 2:00am Friday.

ChEeZeBaLL
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
sandwiches

rob h
07-28-2014, 11:29 AM
yeah am well intrested but is that serious.u have to pay 12000 dollars do it

Sedna
08-18-2014, 02:53 PM
AfterhoursDJs is always looking for new talent to spin live on the air. If you think you have what it takes, please provide us with the following:

Your DJ Name and style
Booking / Promo Organization
Download/Upload speedtest results (Check here)
Demo mix
$12k in non-sequencial, unmarked bills

lol r u srs