PDA

View Full Version : Electro March 2014 mix

Mjay
03-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Well this is the second mix I have done in my road to Dj, I would like to see what you guys think about it and what are the things that I can improve(a lot I guess). I did the mix with my Numark mixtrack pro II and Serato DJ. Hope you enjoy (;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpGbFavwzs

http://www.mixcloud.com/Mjay89/electro-march-2014-mix-by-mjay/

Playlist
1.The Naked and Famous - Young Blood (Tïesto & Hardwell Remix)
2.EDX - Szeplo (Arston Remix)
3.Krewella - Enjoy the Ride (Vicetone Remix)
4.Knife Party - LRAD
5.Krewella - We are One (Twofold Remix)
6. Promise Land - Sun Shine Down (Flat Disk Remix)
7. Syn Cole - Miami 82 (Assino Remix)
8. Avicii - Addicted to You
9. X5IGHT - Closer
10. Bastille - Pompeii (Auidien Remix)
11. Saints of Valor - Neon Eyes (Matisse & Sadko Remix)
12. Vs1 - Feel The Bass
13. Kerry Wheeler Feat. Ahston Palmer - Odyssey
14. Manufactured Superstars Feat. Danni Rouge - Like Satellites (Stadiumx Remix)
15. Jetta - Feels Like Coming Home (Alive & Kicking Remix)
16. OLWIK - Finality
17. Blasterjaxx & Badd Dimes - Titan
18. Qulinez Feat. Cara Salimando - Rising Like the Sun
19. Robin Schulz - Waves

Mjay
03-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Bump

Please can at least someone post some feedback?

Mjay
03-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Bump!

Mjay
03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
One last bump for Vernski and whoever wants to help me out (;

Vernski
04-01-2014, 07:20 AM
As promised, I checked out your mix today.....

I'm going to cover several things in point form for you.

Firstly, you really need to go to this link and check out all the topics contained within------->http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?24564-DJing-101-The-4-basic-elements-of-DJing-(guides!)

I noticed the majority of transitions avoid any kind of beat matching, so you're mainly doing them on beatless build ups and melodic breakdowns. This is fine used sparingly in a mix, but overused can indicate that you're avoiding beatmaching.

The odd transition that required beatmatching wasn't clean 14:29 is a good example of this.

Phrasing is out, please read the link on this - Correct phrasing will help you join the songs properly.'

Make time to listen to other people's mixes, you will discover new music along the way as well as picking up techniques on mixing.

Lastly, don't give up. It's always better to get honest feedback, rather than someone telling you what you want to hear.

Keep practicing and referring to the link above.

Mjay
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
At last hahaha, I get what you mean after me listening it myself I spotted some of the things you have sayed, I have to say I did beatmach all parts of the mix (23:30), badly in some parts, but I guess if that is the feeling you got means that something wrong I was doing. You focused on the things I need to work on and I will do. Hope the mix I upload next shows you my improvements.

Thanks a lot Vernski =D

havoc
04-02-2014, 02:57 AM
I agree with Vernski..

Otherwise, some nice tunes. I wouldn't say its electro though, more like Progressive House.

Keep it up though.