PDA

View Full Version : furst turntable question

electricsmooth
03-15-2012, 11:56 PM
So I've been fooling around with my st. 150 I just got and really like it. It is the first turntable I have ever owned and the only vinyl I have at the moment is Serato control vinyl.

I've set it up with Serato and everything is working great except for one thing- when the record stops, it kind've crunches to a halt. Like, the audio is not clear all the way to the end of the track being stopped, it sounds kind've crunchy right at the end. It is nothing major and I can live with it but being new to the turntable world, just want to make sure that this is normal.

There are no issues with audio while the record is playing

mostapha
03-16-2012, 01:48 AM
You probably need to turn off key lock.

Also…time code just doesn't perform that well at extremely slow speeds…that could be the issue.

DJNR
03-16-2012, 02:22 AM
You probably need to turn off key lock.

Also…time code just doesn't perform that well at extremely slow speeds…that could be the issue.

It's probably key lock struggling to stay in key.

electricsmooth
03-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Key lock wasn't on but I got my hands on some real vinyl and the issue is no more. So, I'm gonna go with "time code just doesn't perform that well at extremely slow speeds"

Thanks

Sigma
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep, it's the time code. Once the speed of the record slows down to a certain point the software struggles to read the signal and the sound goes "crunchy" (as you said) and then stops.

antFastic
03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
The db threshold setting is a consideration here also, as the record slows almost to a stop the signal becomes very quiet, if the signal drops below the threshold it will start cutting out intermittently, until it stops altogether. Ensuring you have a good clean sound and that the threshold is correctly set will minimise this effect.