PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DDJ S1

DJAkash
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone, wanted to know a few things, and hear your opinions on the Pioneer DDJ S1 I am thinking about getting it.
http://pioneerdjusa.com/images/gear/mediaplayers/ddj-s1-1.jpg
1. How is the audio quality?
2. How is the response time?
3. What reasons would someone not get it for
4. Any personal likes/dislikes?
5. What are the best alternatives ?
Thanks

NickJames
02-06-2012, 09:47 AM

Dependant on the quality of your music. The DDJ-S1 is like any Pioneer mixer in terms of audio quality however it cannot make crappy MP3s sound good.

Flawless and without lag (provided you meet the system requirements)

The two biggest complaints are: Price and "I am too hipster to buy a Pioneer controller, I use controllers to not conform"

Good: Feels like Pioneer, works like Pioneer, and it's a good controller for people who want a CDJ feel.

Bad: Only 2 decks.

Peeve: The DDJ-S1 has that stupd smart cue thing where if you're cueing ch 1 and hit the cue button for ch 2 it deselects the ch 1 cue which drives me nuts. (You can cue both by pressing both at the same time but it's still a pain).

5. What are the best alternatives?

Most people would say the NI Kontrol S4... It is a different beast all together however. The S1 uses Serato ITCH, the Kontrol S4 uses Traktor. The DDJ-S1 is going to give you more of a traditional feel close to CDJs, the Kontrol S4 is geared to "controllerists".

Other options that are similar to the S1: the Numark NS6 and Numark NS7

DJWhiteChoco
02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I currently got a VCI300 and am looking for the next step... this will be my next purchase. Thanks for the rundown!

finalcoyote
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Looks pretty sweet to me. Like Nick says, Pioneer is always a solid bet, if not an expensive one.

DJAkash
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
That is along the lines of my feel for it when I played with it.
S4, feels like a toy, a nice toy, but I won't really use the features as my genres stray away from the need of all the sample decks and such.
Thanks +1 rep :tup:

[O/][iii][O/]
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
:replied in wrong thread:

Incognito
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Placed an order for a Pioneer DDJ S1 on Friday gone so I am in wait mode at present with an X-stand, X-stand Scrim King (black) & Marathon DDJ-S1 & laptop case also on the way. I don't know how long but it's been at the least close to a year that I have been debating purchasing one of these controllers & something just made be bite the bullet & order one at the spare of the moment, now I am wondering why did I wait so long????

rtfm
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
i love mine never had a problem, i have had it since the first part of December. it feels good and not wobbly like some of the other controllers i have used before.

maximumsport
02-09-2012, 01:05 AM
I use to own the NS6 then got rid of it for the DDJ-S1 haven't looked back.. Love it and does the job.

djshy
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I've actually owned the NS6....then recently got the DDJ-S1... I'm regretting my decision...I favored the NS6 a bit more... so now I'm trying to get rid of my S1..lol go figure!

Incognito
02-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Placed an order for a Pioneer DDJ S1 on Friday gone so I am in wait mode at present with an X-stand, X-stand Scrim King (black) & Marathon DDJ-S1 & laptop case also on the way. I don't know how long but it's been at the least close to a year that I have been debating purchasing one of these controllers & something just made be bite the bullet & order one at the spare of the moment, now I am wondering why did I wait so long????

Waiting patiently on my door steps for my arrival

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8634/ddjs1.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/715/ddjs12.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5908/hdj500.jpg

Now the fun begins......

DJWhiteChoco
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I shall be placing my order tonight! I am a big fan of gear bags so i will most likely get a UDG bag for it. Something about having all I need in a backback seems legit.

Incognito
02-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I shall be placing my order tonight! I am a big fan of gear bags so i will most likely get a UDG bag for it. Something about having all I need in a backback seems legit.

I was going to go for the combo deal of the Pioneer bag & the DDJ-S1 but ended up just going for the controller & then ordered a flight case that holds a laptop as well (I plan to mod the case once it arrives).

electricsmooth
02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
The best itch controller that I have ever used is the NS7. I heard the NS6 is good as well but the NS7 takes my vote. I am actually thinking of getting one again.

Original
02-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Pretty good.
Fantastic. Feels exactly like a pair of CDJs and a simple mixer!
High price, not a ton of features, made out of plastic unlike the ns6, no four deck support.
I bought the DDJ-S1 to emulate the feel of a simple CDJ setup and it accomplished this feeling perfectly. I really like the pitch faders, they feel great and make manual beatmatching feel fantastic. I never actually figured out how to use the auto sync. The whole unit was well made, felt fantastic and, most importantly, was extremely fun to use. I normally mixed with the laptop halfway across the room or behind me and just made the font huge so I could see it. I would just look at the computer to find the track, load it onto the deck and boom, I wouldn't have to pay attention to the laptop until I needed a new track. I absolutely loved that.

The LEDs were a bit dim though, wasn't too big of an issue.
I would say the ns6. However, if you want a CDJ+mixer emulation, this controller take the cake.

NickJames
02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
made out of plastic unlike the ns6

I was nodding along agreeing with you until I read that... The bottom of the DDJ-S1 which is the exposed chassis is made of metal. It is only the top face that is plastic and people seem to dwell on that fact whenever they're reviewing the DDJ-S1.

It is as if the metal vs. plastic thing is a huge deal when we're talking controllers, but, when it comes to CDJs it's apparently not important because nearly all CDJs from all companies on the market are plastic and no one every raises that as a point of contention.

Original
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM
I was nodding along agreeing with you until I read that... The bottom of the DDJ-S1 which is the exposed chassis is made of metal. It is only the top face that is plastic and people seem to dwell on that fact whenever they're reviewing the DDJ-S1.

It is as if the metal vs. plastic thing is a huge deal when we're talking controllers, but, when it comes to CDJs it's apparently not important because nearly all CDJs from all companies on the market are plastic and no one every raises that as a point of contention.
The plastic is solid, don't get me wrong. There's a bit of flex though, this is because it's one long piece of plastic. You won't get much flex with a plastic CDJ because the plastic isn't so long. It's still an extremely well made device.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-15-2012, 04:46 PM

That's because you only touch the top when using these units. While the bottom (and sides for that matter) are important, the top is the actual control surface, not the bottom. The control surface is where the tactile action happens and what gets the wear and tear. Experienced DJs know this which is why they keep telling manufacturers to stop taking shortcuts on gear by using plastic where metal should be used.

Huh? Where have you been? Quality materials are very important to many users and DJs have been complaining for years about CDJs being made of plastic. At these prices there is zero excuse for taking the plastic shortcut. The old DJForums.com was filled with threads voicing this, and the new site has started with the same >>> http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?249-CDJ-2000-Discontinued

Incognito
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Got my first real play around with my new toys this evening & I must really kick myself for not going this route much sooner then I did. I think my Pioneer decks & mixer will not see that many gigs from now on unless I need to host a fellow DJ who still spins using CD's. Being a DJ in this new technical era is great compared to the days of heavy amps, heavy speakers, heavy decks, heavy records/CDs, etc. On top of that gear for a gig for 500 can now fit in a small van with set up being a one man operation where as in the past you had to call in a truck & a small crew to transport enough gear to do the same size gig years ago (showing my age here).

DJWhiteChoco
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
My whole setup including 4 speakers and lights and stand fits inside my honda fit!! love it!!

TheFrenchWay
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I owned the DDJ S1 for a month but then braught it back for the DDJ T1. I would strongly recommend the DDJ T1 over the S1...if you do not mind Traktor of course.

Pionneer equipement so the soundcard is great as long as your MP3 are of quality.

No delays what so ever. You can literally turn the knob on the controller and see the knob turning on the screen with no delays.
(If you are meeting the system requirements of course)

I think people would pay the extra buck or two for the 2 extra channels on the T1 or go with the S4.
People who do not like the feeling of the CDJ400...It's basically two of those + a mixer in one.

It feels nice and heavy. Feels like pionneer Hardware. Knobs are nice and smooth. Cross fader is nice and light and the volume faders has a little resistance on them.
Oh did I forget the ''Needle Search''? It's very handy.
Tbh, I can't find a dislike about it...I still rock turntables with a mixer and this controller comes in handy.
The S4 or DDJ T1

Hope this helped a little.

DJAkash
02-16-2012, 03:57 PM
I owned the DDJ S1 for a month but then braught it back for the DDJ T1. I would strongly recommend the DDJ T1 over the S1...if you do not mind Traktor of course.

Pionneer equipement so the soundcard is great as long as your MP3 are of quality.

No delays what so ever. You can literally turn the knob on the controller and see the knob turning on the screen with no delays.
(If you are meeting the system requirements of course)

I think people would pay the extra buck or two for the 2 extra channels on the T1 or go with the S4.
People who do not like the feeling of the CDJ400...It's basically two of those + a mixer in one.

It feels nice and heavy. Feels like pionneer Hardware. Knobs are nice and smooth. Cross fader is nice and light and the volume faders has a little resistance on them.
Oh did I forget the ''Needle Search''? It's very handy.
Tbh, I can't find a dislike about it...I still rock turntables with a mixer and this controller comes in handy.
The S4 or DDJ T1

Hope this helped a little.

I appreciate you taking the time to voice your knowledge, I'm still a little iffy because of the ns6 being metal and 4 channel.
DOes anyone know if the Ns6 has any lag time or sound quality inferiority to the ddj s1?

Original
02-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to voice your knowledge, I'm still a little iffy because of the ns6 being metal and 4 channel.
DOes anyone know if the Ns6 has any lag time or sound quality inferiority to the ddj s1?
Either one will sound good and respond extremely quickly.

I love music
02-17-2012, 06:12 AM
I was going to go for the combo deal of the Pioneer bag & the DDJ-S1 but ended up just going for the controller & then ordered a flight case that holds a laptop as well (I plan to mod the case once it arrives).

I wanna get the S1 and i m still undecided on the case. So i could use everyones opinion on this one. Is it better to get the case that fits the laptop on top of the S1 or use the laptop on a separate laptop-stand? Which is handier to use?

http://www.thomann.de/gr/magma_djcontroller_workstation_ddj.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/thon_mixercase_pioneer_ddjt1.htm

Incognito
02-17-2012, 07:01 AM
I wanna get the S1 and i m still undecided on the case. So i could use everyones opinion on this one. Is it better to get the case that fits the laptop on top of the S1 or use the laptop on a separate laptop-stand? Which is handier to use?

http://www.thomann.de/gr/magma_djcontroller_workstation_ddj.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/thon_mixercase_pioneer_ddjt1.htm
The reasoning behind my decision to go for the case that has the built in laptop stand is that is one less item to have to transport or potentially to be forgotten behind. The case also has room to fit other items such as a iPad or netbook as a DMX controller or even a cordless mic base, etc.

I love music
02-17-2012, 07:14 AM
^^ thanks incognito

thats what i had in mind too

The only "con" that i can think of is that if someone steals your flightcase they have the S1 AND your laptop...

and especially in weddings many times i set up in the morning and come back to the venue at night to play

Incognito
02-17-2012, 08:18 AM
^^ thanks incognito

thats what i had in mind too

The only "con" that i can think of is that if someone steals your flightcase they have the S1 AND your laptop...

and especially in weddings many times i set up in the morning and come back to the venue at night to play
I don't think you leave the laptop inside of the flight case when it's closed up. You can always take the laptop with you after set up & bring it back when you return for the gig since setting it up only requires plugging in a USB cable & the power to the laptop.

spicaly
02-17-2012, 08:27 AM
I used one last weekend at another dj's gig while giving him a break.... its a nice piece of equipment, had pretty much every function I'd want in front of me easy to find and use

DJWhiteChoco
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.udggear.com/shop/product.asp?s=948255AEDA184AFB8EE027371B5E333F&pid=1416

this is the bag i bought with mine.. I like the idea of a backpack you can carry. When I do weddings and etc, i always bring my laptop and Dj setup home with me unitl i come back. Its a peace of mind. The other bags I have seen for this done compare with UDG..... I currently have a VCI with a UDG bag and love the combo!

Incognito
02-21-2012, 06:14 PM
http://www.udggear.com/shop/product.asp?s=948255AEDA184AFB8EE027371B5E333F&pid=1416

this is the bag i bought with mine.. I like the idea of a backpack you can carry. When I do weddings and etc, i always bring my laptop and Dj setup home with me unitl i come back. Its a peace of mind. The other bags I have seen for this done compare with UDG..... I currently have a VCI with a UDG bag and love the combo!
Not saying it's what you do but I have seen DJ's who use gig bags for their controller & laptop then rely on the venue to supply a table. I have also seen some pretty upset DJs who find there are no spare tables or the one their supplied isn't to their liking. What I like about an actual case vs a gig bag (outside of the fact that a case offers superior protection for your gear) is he fact that all you need to do is bring along a foldable keyboard stand & you're all set. You can still take a case back home with you when you go since most controllers (NS7 aside) are not overly big & can easily be transported.

DJWhiteChoco
02-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Not saying it's what you do but I have seen DJ's who use gig bags for their controller & laptop then rely on the venue to supply a table. I have also seen some pretty upset DJs who find there are no spare tables or the one their supplied isn't to their liking. What I like about an actual case vs a gig bag (outside of the fact that a case offers superior protection for your gear) is he fact that all you need to do is bring along a foldable keyboard stand & you're all set. You can still take a case back home with you when you go since most controllers (NS7 aside) are not overly big & can easily be transported.

Ya i thought about that also... but for most of my mobile gigs I have a pretty good setup. And the Club i usually spin as has a perfect hieght Dj booth that i can use and only a case would raise it higher then usual.
I might just buy a case also for your reasoning alone!

fat8ack
02-22-2012, 02:06 PM

The NS6 has, maybe the best jog wheels on the market, no lag time have had my NS6 5 months and it is a rock solid beast and I love it. As far as sound I am not sure unless the DDJ-S1 has no XLR outs. I know the S4 does not have XLR.

maximumsport
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I love my all white DDJ-S1

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/419303_1000480467533_57200560_39480647_1245774947_ n.jpg

Somedj
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
how'd ya get an all white one?

maximumsport
02-24-2012, 12:22 AM
how'd ya get an all white one?

It's actually skin from 12inchskinz.com really good quality.

NickJames
02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
I love my all white DDJ-S1

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/419303_1000480467533_57200560_39480647_1245774947_ n.jpg

Looks great! :) I have a pair of skins from 12inch on their way for my CDJs.

DJWhiteChoco
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
How everyone liking their DDJ's????

swine
03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Honestly, when I went to guitar center I thought the platters felt cheap. I didnt get to play with it though since it was not hooked up

DJAkash
03-08-2012, 04:45 AM
I have played with good condition ns6 and ddjs1, and honestly 4 channels, the platters, the metal housing, and the functions killed the ddjs1.
At guitar center you can play with any pioneer equipment thats over a year and see that its messed up and doesnt function properly, the ns6 took beatings and is in like new condition.
I respect the ddjs1, but the 4 decks solid metal housing and layout of the ns6 just is simply better. If there was no ns6 i would have bought ddjs1 dont get me wrong.

Incognito
03-08-2012, 06:25 AM
I really want to know what the heck you guys do to your decks where you feel the build quality of theDDJ-S1 comes into question. Pioneer has a number of CDJ decks that have been out in the market in clubs playing night after night without issue that are of the same build quality as the DDJ-S1 & no question into their reliability has been called into question. I have had CDJ 800 MK2 decks for close to a decade with one pair going out weekly as a rental package while another pair used by me almost on a daily basis without issue & it too has plastic platters.

Unless you plan on beating the hell out of your platters with a hammer it will not be an issue, do expect the plastic to disintegrate or something over time? If four channels is what you really want (though of all the fur channel controller users I know of, they don't even utilize the extra channels in the long run) then you can also take into consideration the Pioneer DDJ-T1 but I am sure the strong arm dj's breaking all these plastic platers will call into question it's plastic platters as well.

So really the whole plastic platter vs metal platter is a none issue unless you really don't know how you should be using your decks in the first place or go cheap, choose not to buy a good case then transport it around with a ton of stuff on top. Even then the metal platter controllers will potentially have issues wince the platters are touch sensitive & the fact you can still break one or more of the faders, or knobs on the controller. You don't have to baby your decks but common sense should prevail in proper care of the units.

[O/][iii][O/]
03-08-2012, 10:38 AM
I really want to know what the heck you guys do to your decks where you feel the build quality of theDDJ-S1 comes into question. Pioneer has a number of CDJ decks that have been out in the market in clubs playing night after night without issue that are of the same build quality as the DDJ-S1 & no question into their reliability has been called into question. I have had CDJ 800 MK2 decks for close to a decade with one pair going out weekly as a rental package while another pair used by me almost on a daily basis without issue & it too has plastic platters.

Unless you plan on beating the hell out of your platters with a hammer it will not be an issue, do expect the plastic to disintegrate or something over time? If four channels is what you really want (though of all the fur channel controller users I know of, they don't even utilize the extra channels in the long run) then you can also take into consideration the Pioneer DDJ-T1 but I am sure the strong arm dj's breaking all these plastic platers will call into question it's plastic platters as well.

So really the whole plastic platter vs metal platter is a none issue unless you really don't know how you should be using your decks in the first place or go cheap, choose not to buy a good case then transport it around with a ton of stuff on top. Even then the metal platter controllers will potentially have issues wince the platters are touch sensitive & the fact you can still break one or more of the faders, or knobs on the controller. You don't have to baby your decks but common sense should prevail in proper care of the units.

As stated countless times in countless threads by countless users, plastic vs. metal has more to do with tactileness, surface wear and aesthetics than actually holding up in real world use. Protection during transport is a whole other topic and irrelevant to what we are talking about. You don't have to mistreat equipment to make these comparisons. Again, this is a detail and quality than some users recognize, appreciate and demand, and some users just can't or don't. Kinda like how some people can recognize and appreciate the differences between a Timex and a Rolex. They both serve the same function and hold up just fine under normal use, but the quality of materials and manufacturing processes Rolex chooses to implement are demanded by some people. IMO, Pioneer has a habit of producing Timex quality gear and asking Rolex prices. That's it, nothing wrong with this at all, they are free to do what they want and by all acounts they appear to be pretty successful with this biz model. However, they won't be gaining me or many others I know as a customer as long as they continue to take these shortcuts — especially at the prices they ask for.

Incognito
03-08-2012, 11:38 PM
[iii][O/];37831']As stated countless times in countless threads by countless users, plastic vs. metal has more to do with tactileness, surface wear and aesthetics than actually holding up in real world use. .

The tops of the platters to the DDJ-S1 have a textured finish that gives the feel of metal (though the sides do have a rubberized plastic feel, in a dark room of a gig you're not going to be able to tell the difference between the aesthetics of either platters so that's a none issue, I the fact that Pioneer has plastic plattered decks that have held up well for over a decade puts to rest any concern on how well they'll hold up.

[O/][iii][O/]
03-09-2012, 05:48 AM
[iii][O/];37831']As stated countless times in countless threads by countless users, plastic vs. metal has more to do with tactileness, surface wear and aesthetics than actually holding up in real world use. .The tops of the platters to the DDJ-S1 have a textured finish that gives the feel of metal (though the sides do have a rubberized plastic feel, in a dark room of a gig you're not going to be able to tell the difference between the aesthetics of either platters so that's a none issue, I the fact that Pioneer has plastic plattered decks that have held up well for over a decade puts to rest any concern on how well they'll hold up.Good grief :facepalm: ^^^ This. This right here is precisely why I and others I know rarely come to these forums much anymore and post responses, because it's blatantly obvious members in large numbers don't bother to actually read the stuff that's posted within in them prior to posting responses themselves. I should've learned this lesson on DJForums.com V1 back when I suspected that the bulk of members are either severe sufferers of ADD, kids, or a combination of the two, but now I'm convinced of this.

Lets's see if you can figure out the repeated disconnect in what you've written here without any assistance.

I swear it's like watching Groundhog Day around here. :lol:

DJWhiteChoco
03-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I want to hear all things DDJ in this thread... if you want to talk about some NUMARK product please start a thread for it thanks.

I been watching videos of the DDJ the last few days. Its seems alot of their stuff came from the CDJ products. I currently have a vci300 and have mastered that controller very well and find myself looking for something better and more fun.

I wanna hear the people who have this and enjoy using it.

Thanks

[O/][iii][O/]
03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I want to hear all things DDJ in this thread... if you want to talk about some NUMARK product please start a thread for it thanks.Huh? We are talking about the DDJ. It's made by Pioneer, not Numark, and the DDJ being plastic is one of the things we're discussing about it. :confused:

I wanna hear the people who have this and enjoy using it. Of course, but do you not also want to hear from those who don't enjoy using the DDJ (or simply can't because it is missing essential features)? I would think views from both sides would be beneficial, no? Please clarify. Thanks

DJWhiteChoco
03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
[iii][O/];38941']Huh? We are talking about the DDJ. It's made by Pioneer, not Numark, and the DDJ being plastic is one of the things we're discussing about it. :confused:

Of course, but do you not also want to hear from those who don't enjoy using the DDJ (or simply can't because it is missing essential features)? I would think views from both sides would be beneficial, no? Please clarify. Thanks

No i agree with you totally....
back on track..aahahah

Incognito
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
[iii][O/];38504']Good grief :facepalm: ^^^ This. This right here is precisely why I and others I know rarely come to these forums much anymore and post responses, because it's blatantly obvious members in large numbers don't bother to actually read the stuff that's posted within in them prior to posting responses themselves. I should've learned this lesson on DJForums.com V1 back when I suspected that the bulk of members are either severe sufferers of ADD, kids, or a combination of the two, but now I'm convinced of this.

Lets's see if you can figure out the repeated disconnect in what you've written here without any assistance.

I swear it's like watching Groundhog Day around here. :lol:

Your repeated reply was addressed repeatedly the same since the reply shall carry the same response each time. Understand???? The view you have is the view YOU have not all the collective DJ fraternity thus your opinion not fact.

[O/][iii][O/]
03-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Your repeated reply was addressed repeatedly the same since the reply shall carry the same response each time. Understand???? The view you have is the view YOU have not all the collective DJ fraternity thus your opinion not fact.

Ummm, well duh, of course they are opinions (well, except for the fact that the DDJ uses plastic where some other comparable controllers don't). Please humor me and show me where in this thread (anywhere actually) that I've claimed an opinion to be fact. While you're at it, please also do me the favor of showing me where I ever claimed my views, and others who may share my views represent the "collective DJ fraternity". Now I realize this task may be difficult for you since it requires that you actually READ, but the request still stands. Besides, isn't it easy to recognize and basic common knowledge when/where members post opinions vs. facts anyway? While you're mulling that over, also allow me to direct your short attention back to OP's original inquiry since you continue to prove my earlier observation and point that you (and some others) apparently aren't reading anything before you go and type responses. It's really comical actually. :lol:

Hey everyone, wanted to know a few things, and hear your opinions on the Pioneer DDJ S1 I am thinking about getting it.
http://pioneerdjusa.com/images/gear/mediaplayers/ddj-s1-1.jpg
Thanks

Once again, :facepalm:

PS: Even though you have posted multiple, groundless accusations towards me, in the spirit of "DJ fraternity" I will still reach out to you in the form of help and information since you are apparently having troubles making the distinction between fact and opinion by providing basic, simple, easy to read definition references for each (see below). The pages these links will take you to even provide audio pronunciations. Pretty flippin' cool huh! :)

Fact: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact

Opinion: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

[O/][iii][O/]
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
No i agree with you totally....
back on track..aahahah

:tup:

[O/][iii][O/]
03-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Incognito, I don't know how old you are, what your education is, or if perhaps you're mentally challenged/unstable, but based on this thread alone I'm thinking you should probably just stop right now. Seriously man, picking apart your arguments is like shooting fish in barrel (see below).
I really want to know what the heck you guys do to your decks where you feel the build quality of theDDJ-S1 comes into question. Even you ask questions you don't want answers to. I mean if your not going to read other's posts, the least you could do is read your own lol.

Crazy man. Hilarious, but crazy. :freak:

Incognito
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
[iii][O/];39182']Incognito, I don't know how old you are, what your education is, or if perhaps you're mentally challenged/unstable, but based on this thread alone I'm thinking you should probably just stop right now. Seriously man, picking apart your arguments is like shooting fish in barrel (see below). Even you ask questions you don't want answers to. I mean if your not going to read other's posts, the least you could do is read your own lol.

Crazy man. Hilarious, but crazy. :freak:

That's the best you got????

[O/][iii][O/]
03-10-2012, 08:05 PM
That's the best you got????

Nah, hardly, but it's more than adequate for this particular situation. No need pulling out the big guns for such a tiny issue. You've already proven that you are ill-equipped to deal with the the arguments and allegations you've chosen to post here. You've completely failed again to address any of my points or answer any of my questions put to you. You're toast and you know it which is why all you could respond with is "That's the best you got????" Dude, quit embarrassing yourself. :lol:

Incognito
03-12-2012, 12:32 AM
[iii][O/];39776']Nah, hardly, but it's more than adequate for this particular situation. No need pulling out the big guns for such a tiny issue. You've already proven that you are ill-equipped to deal with the the arguments and allegations you've chosen to post here. You've completely failed again to address any of my points or answer any of my questions put to you. You're toast and you know it which is why all you could respond with is "That's the best you got????" Dude, quit embarrassing yourself. :lol:
You talk a lot yet say nothing....... You should work on that...

DJAkash
03-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Why is there so much hate in this??? I asked an objective question, made my personal decision about the product. some people want fuel efficient nice cars, some want the truck with power, some want the fast gas guzzler, some just want a smooth ride. I just wanted to know other people's points of view on the DDJ S1, and through my own experience I chose the NS6 and it rocks for what I need from a controller. I would love to have both, but my budget is not currently that open. Thank you to everyone who gave advice

[O/][iii][O/]
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM
You talk a lot yet say nothing....... You should work on that...

Still ignoring the points and questions I see. Sorry Incognito, you've been given several opportunities, but now have lost credibility. Bye bye.

Why is there so much hate in this???

That's a very good question. Unfortunately I have no idea why though. Best guess is that some people simply just don't want to hear opinions from different or opposing views. Strange indeed because you'd think that the more info the better for informed decision making. Even stranger is those who actually ask for opinions, but then don't want them and want to bash those who provided them. Bizarre behavior to say the least.

I asked an objective question, made my personal decision about the product. some people want fuel efficient nice cars, some want the truck with power, some want the fast gas guzzler, some just want a smooth ride. I just wanted to know other people's points of view on the DDJ S1, and through my own experience I chose the NS6 and it rocks for what I need from a controller. I would love to have both, but my budget is not currently that open. Thank you to everyone who gave advice

Agreed, no problem, and you're very welcome :)

robscomputer
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I haven't the chance to try the S1 while it's running Itch but did test out the overall feel at the local Guitar Center. I really like the out lay of the controller, it does feel very close to the CDJ's. I'm not an entire fan of the Pinoeer CDJ feel, I never gotten over the jog wheel drag (maybe it's adjustable?) but feels like a grinding or there's a gear spinning inside. That being said, the S1 felt very close in terms of the Pioneer CDJ feel. I'm sure it will last just as long if not longer.

One question I did have is latency on the jog wheels. Is the S1 as responsive as a CDJ? Reason I ask is I recently bought a Vestax VCI-400SE with Traktor Pro 2 but the jog wheel latency is a let down over the nice controller. I'm running on a new Apple Macbook Pro so I don't think this is related to my laptop. I'm also not into the amount of fx's and other stuff, going back to Serato instead.

DJWhiteChoco
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I haven't the chance to try the S1 while it's running Itch but did test out the overall feel at the local Guitar Center. I really like the out lay of the controller, it does feel very close to the CDJ's. I'm not an entire fan of the Pinoeer CDJ feel, I never gotten over the jog wheel drag (maybe it's adjustable?) but feels like a grinding or there's a gear spinning inside. That being said, the S1 felt very close in terms of the Pioneer CDJ feel. I'm sure it will last just as long if not longer.

One question I did have is latency on the jog wheels. Is the S1 as responsive as a CDJ? Reason I ask is I recently bought a Vestax VCI-400SE with Traktor Pro 2 but the jog wheel latency is a let down over the nice controller. I'm running on a new Apple Macbook Pro so I don't think this is related to my laptop. I'm also not into the amount of fx's and other stuff, going back to Serato instead.

I have a VCI300 with ITCH and I love the response of the platters, But of course its with ITCH. My first controller was on traktor but i never had the abilty to scratch on it. IF the VCI400 is anywhere near then it should be cool. ITch also has a option to controll the latency, does Traktor have an option to?

DJStevieRay
03-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Just picked up the S1 this past weekend and I am getting used to it. It is insanely responsive while controlling Itch. I also tried it with VDJ on my MBP, and it works well EXCEPT for scratching, there is an issue with scratching.