PDA

View Full Version : Music Videos for Weddings

pumpitdj
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm now starting to get some customers asking for Music videos to be displayed onto a LCD screen or even a Projector screen for them . I do a lot of Video dances , but I have yet to do one for a Wedding . But people are now asking for it . LCD Screen can be a great way to advertise also , because you can also put your logo on the screen . So my question is you ,are you getting Customers now asking for it for there wedding. The only thing that's pushing me back from bringing the LCD screen is , sometimes you will have kids at weddings , and you can get some inappropriate videos that are out there. Just like to get some feedback from you all that are using LCD Screens for your events .

DJRockinRob
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't worry about videos being inappropriate. What I do for inappropriate videos is terminate the video feed when something inappropriate comes on.

VjQue
03-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I have been doing mobile video for 2 years at weddings.

there's clean video's out but you also have to watch the video's to.

I take 2x50" plasma's on truss.

Most kids don't even watch the video's there to busy running around.

My package starts at $1295 for video. & those are the 42' Plasma's

RodneyL
03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I have been doing mobile video for 2 years at weddings.

there's clean video's out but you also have to watch the video's to.

I take 2x50" plasma's on truss.

Most kids don't even watch the video's there to busy running around.

My package starts at $1295 for video. & those are the 42' Plasma's

How many videos do you own? I assume you subscribe to a service to download them, but I have to think the number would be considerably less than your song collection. What do you play on the screen when you are on a track without a video?

Ntertainment
03-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I really don't understand why there is an appeal to this. Are we as Americans so lazy we have to have a video to watch when dancing too? When you make tranistions between songs, what does the video do? How many guests do you think appreciate this?

jazzyj
03-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Well the videos have been in clubs for years, and I guess people are used to them now, and want to bring the same atmosphere to their receptions?

but im with you, i have no desire for such things, but im not the customer.

VJ LouNYC
03-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I been doing video for 5 years. I have been doing video for corporate parties. the response is great. it works great at weddings as well, BUT you shouldn't do video until you are FULLY prepared. I have over 15K videos. Most important is thing is that you feel you comfortable mixing videos and your system is STABLE.

what program will you be using to mix videos?

wilson
03-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I just started doing this, and so far I've gotten really good feedback. I use Virtual DJ, and I just have the Sonique plugin going when music videos aren't playing. I've bought about 50 or so vids, and play a few sets that are all vids. For ME, it seems switching back and forth works. Not sure what others have found? There is always something on that's moving to the beat or the music vid though. For me, it is definitely a learning curve of choosing the video transitions and such. I have a few though that work well for beatmatching in (like the grid), some that are good for just a simple fade in / fade out (like satellite or fade, ha), and just use about anything if you are going to slam it over. I've found myself forgetting to change them though, and looking not that great on screen a few times.

pumpitdj
03-16-2012, 08:06 AM
I have a collection of about 18,000 Videos , but I have yet to do a Wedding with the Video Screen . At least it's a choice that customers have, and it's extra money in our pocket if they want it . Not sure if it's available to the united states yet but if your interested in getting some high quality Videos , go to www.xtendamix.com

VjQue
03-17-2012, 11:54 PM
How many videos do you own? I assume you subscribe to a service to download them, but I have to think the number would be considerably less than your song collection. What do you play on the screen when you are on a track without a video?something like 1.5tb full of video's and climbing.

I edit video's and make my own if there is no video to a song. but like lou said you have to be ready to do video out and have a stable system.

VJ LouNYC
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Once your system is stable, you have a video library that you feel comfortable with and you have the right equipment to showcase your mixes your set.

good luck