PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Part Help

DJ_Detroit
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
After using my Numark Mixtrack for a year, and searching for a great deal on ebay and craigslist for some 1200's I did come across a deal, that I just could not pass up at all. 2 Gemini XL-300 tables, a Gemini ps-626i mixer, 2 technic slipmats, two brand new stanton cartridges with new needles. All of it was $40 and it works. I know it's not the best stuff, but with 1200's going for more than what they cost brand new I wasn't going to pass that deal up. Now one of the tables is missing the counterweight, and I for the life of me can not find a place that sells them for a reasonable price, and can't find them in America either. Where can I buy replacement parts like these?

Thanks.

Mark_Spit
03-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Finding parts for that table is going to be hard. They wern't around for very long and so parts won't be as readily available like Techs. However..........I found this pic while searching for pictures of XL-300s (just to confirm it was the table I was thinking of).

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt129/64impalatattooman/Picture028.jpg

I'm pretty sure the counter weight being used is off a 1200 - definitly looks like one.

edit: I didn't even notice it's an XL-500 in that pic, but it gave me the same idea: maybe a 1200 counter weight will fit?

DTR
03-16-2012, 04:21 PM
At a basic level, the counterweight is just that; a weight. A blob of playdough on the end of the arm will do the same job, provided that you have another way of calibrating the tracking force. I use a cheap little digital jewelers' scale.