PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Malicion - Upriser (Original Mix)

malicion
03-14-2012, 06:09 PM
I have FINALLY finished my first track. I used ableton live with Absynth 5, Massive, Albino3, and Nexus 2. Hope you guys like it :)

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/malicion/malicion-upriser-original-mix

Ignotus
03-15-2012, 12:12 AM
MY OPINIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS, in no way am i telling you how it should be done.

Your main bassline, bring it down an octive, and EQ it so it has a higher end to it, also if your using a reverb, make sure you EQ out all the low end below 500hrtz otherwise it all bunches up on the low end and sounds muddy.

Your transition to your synth is decent, but a little sudden, member you wanna PROGRESS into it ;)

at like 1.45, your kick and drum line comes in really strong in comparison, almost drowns out your synth, slap a limiter with a soft clip on there, and make sure its compressed with the synth.

Your drop at 2.25 id recommend the same thing as the first bassline, maybe down an octave, and eq it for the higher end ETC. Most of my mainline synths have over 5 EQs on them, to give you a perspective that more really is merrier.

You have good movement and direction, and a story line to the track, but i feel like in some places the story gets lost.

its a solid kick, and the lead synths are good quality in my opinion, i like the sound, just need to work on compression and EQing and limiters when needed

overall, i think you have a good solid drive, with a great idea, keep it up! hope this helps

Dremo
03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Overall I like the feel of the track, but there are some parts I don't like.

I think the synth in the first break sits too much in the background. I was hoping for it to come out and be all like "come at me, bro", but it just stayed out in the cold. Also as Ignotus said, the kick and drum line drowns it at 1.45.

The short transition at 2.25 could be a bit longer. Did not like the transition at 3.50 either, but the part at 4.35-4.50 was great, and the transition feels more natural to me. So maybe put that at the end of the second break(3.12-3.50)?

That said, I liked the main parts of the track, and I think you're on to something here. And congrats on finishing your first track, it can be a bitch sometimes.

MeowMix
03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I think the synth in the first break sits too much in the background. I was hoping for it to come out and be all like "come at me, bro", but it just stayed out in the cold.

^This.

Also the 2nd break felt a little unnaturally choppy.

It might be the headphones im using but i didnt really feel the bass carry me and i think it has the potential to do that.

malicion
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, Ive been working with Centia a bit and they have been helping me with my production. I think the problem with this track was it started as something completely different and I should of scrapped it and started over, it sounds like I combined 2 different tracks together (with different feels), and also the track doesnt have good structure. Atleast my track is better then DJ Boris's stuff LOLOLOLOLOL (although hes russian like me, he doesnt deserve the place hes at). I will be taking in all your advice when I make my second track, since this one is finalized.

Ignotus
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Sometimes starting from a blank slate. Is the best slate

malicion
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Sometimes starting from a blank slate. Is the best slate

Truer words have not been spoken. It clears your mind too. :)