PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DJM 3000 thoughts?

CQE DJs
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I know this is an old mixer and probably came out around when the 500 came out, but I'm thinking of grabbing one. For my mobile work I use a Denon Dual 6000 with a Denon 500 mixer. I think my headphone output is starting to go on my mixer so I am looking to replace it. I see some decent deals for the pioneer on ebay for pretty cheap.
Anyone have any experience with them? Is it worth getting? The only thing I think I need to get used to is the way the line/phono inputs are set up. I use channels 3 and 4 right now but I think I would need to use channels 2 and 3 so that I can have my serato set up to play regular CD's as well (switching inputs)

What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger and just grab one?

djshawn
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I used to have one and i loved it........if you can get the optional rotory faders I'd suggest getting them. Regardless great mixer:)

spicaly
03-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I've used it in a club a few times, had no issues with it

CQE DJs
03-14-2012, 09:22 AM
how are the effects on it? I don't really plan on using the effects too much on it, but it would be nice to know they are there if they sound good.

brichi
03-14-2012, 08:13 PM
CQE, Paul has a couple at the warehouse, give him a call and ask him if you can go mess with one, or let me know if you want me to get one for ya to play with, I know he won't mind

tubby
03-15-2012, 05:20 AM
I had one for a few years. quite liked it. It came out after the 600, and has basically the same effects unit. I put the rotary kit on, figuring I could swap it out in 10 minutes if i didn't like it but it was still in there when i sold the mixer. Never had any issues at al with it.

CQE DJs
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
CQE, Paul has a couple at the warehouse, give him a call and ask him if you can go mess with one, or let me know if you want me to get one for ya to play with, I know he won't mind

That would be awesome actually! Would you be able to grab one? Do they still send them out on gigs?

I am still tossing up the idea of getting a completly new rig but I may buy a new laptop at the end of the year so Id rather save my money for that. But I still may need a new mixer in the meantime since i'm starting to get busy.

brichi
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah, Ill touch base with him tomorrow and let ya know

CQE DJs
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Awesome..thanks buddy. The few I was tracking on ebay seem to have gone away. There is 1 left but the seller has 0 feedback and makes me feel a little weary of buying that one.