PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about a new Traktor Z2 update?

TwoDollarCuts
01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm on the edge of buying a Z2 because I just saw it for $600 in the GC mailer and I have an SL-1 at the moment which Serato DJ isn't going to support. That would mean the SL-3 for the upgrade, but for the same price I personally think the Z2 is the better buy, but does anyone know if there's going to be a Traktor an/or Z2 update anytime soon? Z2 MK-II perhaps?

Era 7
01-31-2014, 04:32 AM
didn't hear about anything. NI usually dumps the prices of the current range when something new is about to come out. that would be something to look out for.

fat8ack
01-31-2014, 11:20 AM
Pretty sure they just had a pretty crucial update like a week or two ago........

haha I thought you meant software....lol

kick6
01-31-2014, 11:27 AM
If you're buying hardware, why are you worried about a software update? You'll get the new version of the software for free.

TwoDollarCuts
02-01-2014, 02:31 PM
If you're buying hardware, why are you worried about a software update? You'll get the new version of the software for free.

Wasn't sure about how it all worked. I thought people had to pay for the upgrade from Traktor to Traktor 2. Serato used to update for free which was a big deal for me, but I always remembered Traktor users having to pay for their upgrade. I think Serato DJ is going the same route. Am I wrong?

Sigma
02-01-2014, 02:56 PM
The upgrade from Traktor to Traktor 2 wasn't free, so you're right about that. I would imagine that Traktor 3 won't be a free upgrade either, but unless NI have a roadmap for when that's going to be released, it's anyone's guess when it will actually come out.

Regarding the mixer, I have one and I love it, but I know what you mean about a MKII coming out. I'd like to see one that has curve control on all 3 faders as that's all I really need. If you don't care about that, then I'd go for it. Even if you do care about that, there's no guarantee that a MKII will come out and if it does, it might cost quite a bit more than $600.

kick6
02-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Wasn't sure about how it all worked. I thought people had to pay for the upgrade from Traktor to Traktor 2. Serato used to update for free which was a big deal for me, but I always remembered Traktor users having to pay for their upgrade. I think Serato DJ is going the same route. Am I wrong?

No, you're right. but all the incremental updates to traktor 2 (i.e. 2.1, 2.2, etc) have been free.

contra
02-04-2014, 12:15 PM
didn't hear about anything. NI usually dumps the prices of the current range when something new is about to come out. that would be something to look out for.

BTW, this just happened. NI dropped the price 20% so Id keep an eye out for a new product.

Panotaker
02-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I bought my Z2 a while back when the price dropped to $600. I was expecting a new version, but they ended up just raising the price back to $800. The latest price drop might have something to do with Serato DJ 1.6 coming out and not necessary that a new Z2 is coming out.

DJ Highline
02-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Yea the Z2 is no where near the end of its product cycle. The only thing is maybe they might be releasing the Z4...maybe. If you've had an eye on a Z2, I'd hope on this. I was thinking about buying another mixer so I can have one for my home set up and one for gigs. I was debating between another Z2 or a Denon X-1600, but at this price, its a no brainer...will probably pick up the Z2 in mid Feb as a B-day gift to myself...