PDA

View Full Version : Using Loop Packs (loopmasters)

bmadd
01-28-2014, 11:22 PM
OK, I have been a musician all my life. I am also kinda smart, so I get an idea in my head of how something works, and obsess til I think it through. My latest obsession has been Electronic music and DJing. I've always loved going to the festivals, etc. anyways, here's my Q:

Do experienced DJs use things like loop packs for transition and fill for their live sets? I.e. taking a "dead spot" and filling it with a loop to change the sound/feel?

My guess is this is an advanced technique but I always start with a vision of what I want to be, and then learn what I need to to get to that point.

I have --ZERO-- DJ experience, but dream of making a set my own, and hear my DJ heroes kill it when they mix their tracks.

Flame on...

Adzm00
01-29-2014, 04:51 AM
Maybe, or they might take their own samples, or they might be playing multiple tracks on top of each other. Basically if you can think of it, then it has probably been done/tried.

Deep N Sexy
01-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Loopmasters and Vengeance are perfect for loops, breaks, beats, fills or transition soundefeects
just catalog them well so they are easy to find, i use some of them on either CDJS or on Controllers
especially on 4 deck mixing, its kind a cool to have a beat going and build from there, layering beats, fills, effects e.t.c
i bought the whole package, saving it up for a rainy day i thought, til when i get my head out my a$$ and start to produce other stuff then chiptunes ;D
but started using it for djn as well.
now i have my aim on the Mashine studio and Komplete series, maybe then i can get started,

So yes, its your imagination that put up the bounds, anything is possible.

Go for it

mantis
02-01-2014, 08:24 AM
I dont use loop masters but I often loop beats over a "dead spot". Pretty simple thing to do with new cdjs and rekordbox as the loops are alway good with quantized option.
Over here, people dont like break downs and with todays club music, you have to try and fill the emptiness or you lose your floor. People leave.

akswun
02-01-2014, 03:31 PM
shit thought you were talking about Loopers, like what tablists use for scratching. :/