PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Rane TTM57SL3 (Warble Noise)

MMobs
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I am a resident DJ on Saturdays at a local night club here in Gainesville, FL. The house mixer is a Rane TTM57SL3. I play on Traktor audio 8. A couple months ago I plugged in the way I normally do from the mixer into my traktor box and got this distorted warbling noise on the right channel. You can still hear the music playing, but it almost sounds like a strange looping effect. I used my own mixer that night, and since then I've never had a problem. It made no difference if I was playing on internal mode I would still have the distorted warble noise. I also use turntables and a Macbook Pro.

The DJ on Monday nights uses the internal Serato with the TTM57SL3. He recently started getting the same cutting in and out strange distorted warble noise on the right channel. When he hooks up his own external serato box, the problem goes away. He uses CDJs and a macbook. However, the DJ from Friday nights uses the internal serato in the TTM57 with turn tables and he has no problems. The cdjs function fine when playing off of cds.

We are really not sure exactly what is going on. Is there an effect on the mixer I am not aware of causing the weird distorted noise? Is it an internal software issue? I also read somewhere it could be a ground looping issue? Please let me know as soon as possible. I am very thankful for your time and help.

Chewns
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
http://serato.com/manuals/scratchlive/rane-sl1/2.1/calibration