PDA

View Full Version : This a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Reticuli
01-23-2014, 12:31 PM
I can imagine the center portion being dangerous to the eye. Unless you could mount it strait down, just seems like a bad idea being so concentrated. Opinions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-8-Big-patterns-RG-Laser-BLUE-LED-Stang-Lighting-DJ-Home-Party-show-Light-/171115873990?pt=US_Stage_Lighting_Single_Units&hash=item27d74d06c6

Otherwise, it's a nice price, wide spread at times, and a pretty good sound activated effect with the blue flasher. Too bad about the central effect.

allensmusic
01-23-2014, 12:57 PM
yes it is dangerous, and illegal to use in the United States for safety reasons.

other than that I am sure it will look cool for a few weeks until it starts screwing up....

Reticuli
01-26-2014, 02:05 PM
yes it is dangerous, and illegal to use in the United States for safety reasons.

other than that I am sure it will look cool for a few weeks until it starts screwing up....

I'm rather shocked how good some of the splitters and motors are on some of the cheap lasers coming out of Asia. Years later some of them I've seen are rock solid. I have American lasers that were pretty bad from day one that are sloppy as hell.

The vendor for that laser above tried to assure me that it was safe, just don't shine it in someone's eyes. Lost in translation.

allensmusic
01-26-2014, 02:55 PM
the chinese companies make many of the parts in the legal American laser companies lasers. I am well aware that companies like x-laser buy chinese parts.
however, the legal companies make sure the parts are up to the measured safety levels.
the stuff directly from China offers nothing. they can sell all of the marginal junk on ebay for cheap prices, and they do.

I have a "competitor" friend of mine call a chinese laser company directly. he special ordered a 2 watt RGB animation laser and control software.
they paid about $1500 for it.

I have a x-laser 1 watt xbeam RGB laser I picked up used for $1200 and Pangolin software for $600. My laser is brighter, more precise, the control is unbelievably better. the red beam on the chinese laser is over 2 inches wide at about 50 foot away.

both of us went cheap.I spent slightly more money. I have a legal setup. I have a much much better system. and I have a variance.

DjNeedleSharp
02-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Stick to LED pars if you're ordering from China. At least then, there's little to no moving parts and you can fix most issues yourself pretty easily. Once you get to moving heads you have lots of moving parts and shipping alone can cause issues. Add in something as dangerous as a laser? No thanks...

I'd rather just rent a bad ass 2 watt for the 1-2 times a year that clients actually want to pay for it. Once you start getting more, invest in a used legal 1 watt from a reputable rental house.

lburners
02-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Stick to LED pars if you're ordering from China. At least then, there's little to no moving parts and you can fix most issues yourself pretty easily. Once you get to moving heads you have lots of moving parts and shipping alone can cause issues. Add in something as dangerous as a laser? No thanks...

I'd rather just rent a bad ass 2 watt for the 1-2 times a year that clients actually want to pay for it. Once you start getting more, invest in a used legal 1 watt from a reputable rental house.

You nailed it. I paid the price with some Chinese movers in shipping. Been pretty happy with the pars I have gotten though.