PDA

View Full Version : Southern California DJF Camping Trip

l0ckd0wn
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
So I have been mulling over the idea of going camping here in a few weeks. With the weather getting better, the bright and sunny California summer coming, and an itch to get out and sleep amongst nature for a few days, I wanted to see if anyone else here wanted to go? Right now I'm looking more immediately and then possibly later in the summer.

I have been eyeing San Onofre State Beach for the weekend after next (Friday March 23 -25) and am thinking of booking the spot this week, if there is anything available.

I am also considering postponing till April or early May if people are motivated (maybe even both).

I have to work with an on-call schedule so every 3rd weekend I won't be available (like this weekend I am on call, so every 3rd weekend after). I'll also be unavailable for 2nd half of May and first half of June. After that only Burning Man is marked off (last week of August before Labor Day).

Possible open weekends I am considering right now THRU MAY:

5/04 - 5/06
5/11 - 5/13

I am a luxury camper, not a backpacker/hiker. I plan on pulling up to the campsite and having lots of amenities available (like power). I am looking for sites that provide water access to nearby lakes and am hoping that if power is available, maybe we can have a mini-outdoor jam (assuming we don't have neighbors to close).

Anyone interested please post and we can discuss further. I will be booking a spot for the end of the month by the end of this week, probably San Onofre if I can get it.

oMar
03-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Men in tents, let's do it :hump: !

Will MaXimal
03-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey Justin, might be down but probably not until late April into May

TopangaS2k
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Im too down!

l0ckd0wn
03-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I pushed this back a few weeks for financial reasons, but does anybody like the weekend of 4/13 - 4/15?

Will MaXimal
03-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I pushed this back a few weeks for financial reasons, but does anybody like the weekend of 4/13 - 4/15?

Coachella weekend? ARGH

l0ckd0wn
03-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Hmmm that might be perfect for those that are NOT going to Coachella? Anybody?

Guest One
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Sounds awesome, I do plenty of camping but too busy to commit right now. We also camp in the desert.. blast the sound system without worrying bout neighbors.

DjAaron
04-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Not a bad idea. I am thinking of hitting up a lake soon to camp at so I can take my jetski to.