PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting DJF 3STYLE RD1 - UK/CANADA HEAT - JUXTAPOSER vs SAMIJON

JonAvalon
03-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Video 1

http://vimeo.com/38061851

Video 2

http://youtu.be/m_xmF4bHuiY

Rules:
- 15 minutes
- Video & Audio recordings required (post to vimeo/youtube)
- Include at least 3 DIFFERENT genres of your choice, but would be able to rock any mainstream crowd (aka, get fucking creative!)
- Turntables and/or CDJs permitted w/ your choice of accompanying DVS and controllers (if you choose to use them).
- Solo MIDI controllers are not permitted. You must use CDJs or turntables as your primary mixing tools.

* Winner of heat will go up against the winner of the other thread * link * (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?3598-DJF-3STYLE-RD1-USA-HEAT-OCIE-vs-RAPHAEL-JOHN-vs-SWINE)

samga
03-12-2012, 09:18 PM
good stuff juxtaposer. ps u got a mean setup

JuxtaPoser
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
good stuff juxtaposer. ps u got a mean setup

Cheers man, I liked yours a lot too!

alazydj
03-13-2012, 01:48 AM
I liked the variety on mix one. +1

samga
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
thanks for voting

Mrspyaman
03-13-2012, 01:06 PM
I liked both 1 was just a little cleaner with a little bit better selection.

JuxtaPoser
03-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Cheers for listening and voting guys!

Mr Rupee
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Voted video 1. Good how your mix is a bit outside the box, its not all 'current' tracks/genres but it would still get the floor bopping. Really like the cheeky ghostbusters edit :)

Fusic
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I've been looking forward to these videos and they don't disappoint - you have both been very creative and shown technical skills too. 3style is an understatement!

There were a couple of slip-ups and awkward mixes in both (unsurprising with such challenging tracklists). Overall I think Mix 1 managed a bit more variety in sound/style and was a touch cleaner - gets my vote.

JuxtaPoser
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Cheers Fusic - really appreciate you taking the time to listen and vote. Glad you enjoyed!

swine
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Liked both mixes a bunch.

vid one was super good just thought that in the end vid two would rock a party more.. or at least a party id want to go to :P I also liked how there was more mixing/overlap in the tracks with vid 2. Just a personal preference.

The only thing that annoyed me with both of the vids was the abundance of the dicer effects and the filters but it certainly can smooth out some of the mixes.

bravo both of you.

samga
03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Liked both mixes a bunch.

vid one was super good just thought that in the end vid two would rock a party more.. or at least a party id want to go to :P I also liked how there was more mixing/overlap in the tracks with vid 2. Just a personal preference.

The only thing that annoyed me with both of the vids was the abundance of the dicer effects and the filters but it certainly can smooth out some of the mixes.

bravo both of you.

thanks for voting! wheeeeww thought that was gonna be a shutout

moyo wilde
03-13-2012, 11:56 PM
watched both enjoyed them both. voted for mix number one. i felt that mix number one had more genres, and the mixing was a bit tighter. by that i mean there a few times in mix two where we were left listening to loops or blank instrumentals. i also feel like mix 1 might have more tricks up his sleeve for the next round. mix number 2 overall pretty good job, next 3style try to incorporate more older music and variety. just a guess but i would think dj one is older than dj two, or at least dj one has a larger "musical vocabulary".

good jobs guys and good luck.

samga
03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
watched both enjoyed them both. voted for mix number one. i felt that mix number one had more genres, and the mixing was a bit tighter. by that i mean there a few times in mix two where we were left listening to loops or blank instrumentals. i also feel like mix 1 might have more tricks up his sleeve for the next round. mix number 2 overall pretty good job, next 3style try to incorporate more older music and variety. just a guess but i would think dj one is older than dj two, or at least dj one has a larger "musical vocabulary".

thanks for voting, ill keep that in mind for the future. ps im 21, been djing for just over 2 and a half years now. no clue how old juxtaposer is. thanks again!

JuxtaPoser
03-14-2012, 05:05 AM

Thanks for the feedback dude. Fun fact: I'm 23 and have been DJing for about 4 years.

JuxtaPoser
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Bump, bump, bump, bump it up!

bmorr
03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
faack why does flash have to be blocked on my browser at work. I want to listen to these, especially considering I was halfway done organizing my routine before life got in the way haha. Will listen either tonight or tomorrow.

BuddyUK
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Mix 1 is a lot more creative, so mix 1.

also fuck Canada

bmorr
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Both mixes were really well done. I'd say Mix 1 was a bit smoother, but I liked the music selection in Mix 2 much better. I would say Mix 2's house section at the beginning was A LOT better than the hip-hop sections, mind you though, the BPM did change quite drastically to a lower one when he got into Hip-Hop. Mix 1 was basically the same or a very similar BPM throughout. I personally think Mix 2 would get the party hopping better, but then again Mix 1 is very well done, just found that the track selection wasn't all there for me. I respect that you were thinking outside of the box and using older stuff.

plus Fuck UK:djchris: haha

samga
03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Both mixes were really well done. I'd say Mix 1 was a bit smoother, but I liked the music selection in Mix 2 much better. I would say Mix 2's house section at the beginning was A LOT better than the hip-hop sections, mind you though, the BPM did change quite drastically to a lower one when he got into Hip-Hop. Mix 1 was basically the same or a very similar BPM throughout. I personally think Mix 2 would get the party hopping better, but then again Mix 1 is very well done, just found that the track selection wasn't all there for me. I respect that you were thinking outside of the box and using older stuff.

thanks for voting bmorr, :djchris: hahahahaha is that a crying beaver!?

BuddyUK
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM

:argh:

The Baxter
03-14-2012, 09:06 PM
vote goes to 1, it was creative and well executed.

samga
03-18-2012, 10:05 AM
bump bump

jazzyj
03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Voted for Video 1. Could be the era of music, but either way whole thing was on point - love the mixing, was definitely creative, and on all the fly - impressed.