PDA

View Full Version : ELX 118p vs. Yorkville LS700P

djtommyk
03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
For mobile gigs (weddings, parties), if you were to use just one with two tops, which would you use.

Evil Steve
03-15-2012, 05:14 AM
I own and use the LS700pb. That's the painted version if the LS700p.
It works and sounds fine for my purposes.
I usually run weddings and parties for people over 30 years old, ususally of 125 people or less.
For that size crowd, in that demographic, I can play the music they want to hear, at a level they can enjoy. It's loud, but it's not over-the-top.
I combine with a pair of 12"-2way tops, and process through a Driverack PA.
For any party bigger than 150, I rent a PA.
Weddings, I have used that system up to 200. It was fine for that size and style of event.

The only complaint I have about the box, is that it's an awkward one person move. I do it all the time, but it's not easy to move through doors when carrying it alone. I have a cover for mine. The finish on the cabinet is beautiful, and tough, so I try not to drag it along the floor uncovered... because it would completely kill the floor. I thought I got the bag to protect the cabinet. Turns out I use the cover to protect the stuff the cabinet comes up against.
Overall, a very good purchase. Built in North America, competitively priced, rock solid dependable, and it sounds pretty good.
I'd say that if the NX720S had been around when I bought it, I would have bought one of them. Nevertheless, I don't regret having the LS700.