PDA

View Full Version : Xpress 512 keeps loosing PC LINK

Ntertainment
01-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I have two xpress 512 units, and both of them seem to be loosing PC LINK after the most recent update on my mac. 10.9.1 is the current OS. I tried a new usb cable. I can't find anywhere in settings that says to turn off USB ports if they aren't busy. The xpress will stay connected for about a minute and then quite. The PC Link light blinks but differently then when it's connected. It stays green for 4 sec then off for 10. Any ideas.

Ntertainment
01-10-2014, 07:00 PM
found the answer, this is crap. So much for macs never having problems.

http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/V6/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2397

DJzrule
01-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately the ShowXpress software is outdated and was outsourced and never properly updated to begin with. It was good for its time. I've been using it for years and I'll be jumping ship and switching soon, probably to CompuShow.

Ntertainment
01-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately the ShowXpress software is outdated and was outsourced and never properly updated to begin with. It was good for its time. I've been using it for years and I'll be jumping ship and switching soon, probably to CompuShow.

Will compushow work with xpreas 512 units or do I need a new one to make the switch.

DJzrule
01-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Will compushow work with xpreas 512 units or do I need a new one to make the switch.

Nope, unfortunately its a new unit. :(