PDA

View Full Version : Trance Pass the Parcel.....

Vernski
01-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Good afternoon all,

While I was at work today I had a moment of Universal-Omnipresent-Oneness and got an idea....It usually happens while I'm ploughing through hundreds of kilos of vegetables ;)

So anyway I thought we could team up and make a Combined Trance Mega Mix.....Here's what I'm thinking - If this is a retarded idea, I promise not to give up and try harder :lol:

Someone starts the mix with the first track and records it.

Upload it onto dropbox and the next guy downloads it and adds whatever song they want to add....Record/upload and repeat until we've all added something. (Obviously the last guy will know the whole mix :rolleyes: because he was last....)

The thing would be that the mix at any stage is kept secret from each other and once it's completed it would be awesome to hear what we came up with......:dance::music::banana::bslayer::fap:

The only draw back would be the poor sucker that is last and has to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for his chance to add his track on.....:P

What do you reckon guys....?

ChrisHynds
01-09-2014, 12:57 AM
We have done something similar to this is 2012, Myself ad 3 other Dj's that no longer use the site anymore teamed up an created a 2 hour set that we called "Horizons" being that we all lived in opposite ends o the globe we thought Horizons was a pretty cool name, we each had 30. Minutes and we given a BPM range starting at 126ish and finishing at 140, each dj recorded 30 minutes and you had to mix in the first track of Dj ahead of you making it really easy to paste them together into a seemless 2 hour set.

I think if you want to do something this idea works better than 1 track at a time.

Vernski
01-09-2014, 01:19 AM
We have done something similar to this is 2012, Myself ad 3 other Dj's that no longer use the site anymore teamed up an created a 2 hour set that we called "Horizons" being that we all lived in opposite ends o the globe we thought Horizons was a pretty cool name, we each had 30. Minutes and we given a BPM range starting at 126ish and finishing at 140, each dj recorded 30 minutes and you had to mix in the first track of Dj ahead of you making it really easy to paste them together into a seemless 2 hour set.

I think if you want to do something this idea works better than 1 track at a time.

Haha, Unoriginal - Original Ideas brought to you by Vernski :lol: That Horizons format sounds like a very good idea...I'm happy to work with anyone on here that wants to do it too :) :tup:

Sedna
01-09-2014, 01:38 AM
I like the idea, but I think it'll be a lot better if we did half hour or hour segments...

I, for instance, would be happy to start it off with a nice long 122-128 stint. Someone could pick it up at 128 and take it to 134, then someone else 134 to 138, and we could even have someone do a raging 140+ set at the end.

Edit: Just read Chris's post. Word.

Vernski
01-09-2014, 01:44 AM

I like the idea, but I think it'll be a lot better if we did half hour or hour segments...

I, for instance, would be happy to start it off with a nice long 122-128 stint. Someone could pick it up at 128 and take it to 134, then someone else 134 to 138, and we could even have someone do a raging 140+ set at the end.

Edit: Just read Chris's post. Word.

Looks like we're onto something.......:)

Sedna
01-09-2014, 02:02 AM
I get dibs on the early BPM... just saying. I don't own a lot of new music in the higher BPM areas... nothing really has interested me.

Vernski
01-09-2014, 02:05 AM
I get dibs on the early BPM... just saying. I don't own a lot of new music in the higher BPM areas... nothing really has interested me.

Damn!!!:argh: I'm going through a slow bpm fetish/phase myself right now.....:lol:

I'll put my hand up for 128 to 132 then? :shrug:

M!TCH
01-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Nah, Sedna runs game on the lower BPM stuff. I can really mix anything but would prefer to stay +134BPM

Delta V
01-12-2014, 03:01 PM
I would be down, I have a handful of modern tunes and their scattered style / tempo wise so I can fit in anywhere, ideally with a three track set or so.

Sedna
01-12-2014, 03:06 PM
I would be down, I have a handful of modern tunes and their scattered style / tempo wise so I can fit in anywhere, ideally with a three track set or so.

Delta, why don't you do a classic high BPM session for the end of the mix?

JackStalk
01-12-2014, 03:25 PM
And I'll do 135-138

Sedna
01-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Alright, how about something like this...

Sedna - 122 - 127

Vernski - 127-130

Chris Hynds - 130-134

JackStalk - 134-138

MiTCH - 138-140

Delta V - 140 classic set

One hour each. Bam, we've got ourselves an epic 6 hour set.

I will volunteer to take care of the post-production (mixing our mixes together, equalizing, etc)

Sedna
01-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Just had an idea; we can call it the DJ Forums Virtual Trance Festival

M!TCH
01-12-2014, 04:32 PM
I like it. I think it'd be good for each person to classify their set unless we're all good with each person being completely separate in their sub genre. It would flow a lot better if towards the end of my set I cooled off of the psy-trance in preparation for a classic uplifting set (assuming that is what I would play and person following).

JackStalk
01-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Mitch, I'm willing to negotiate anywhere between 134-140 depending on which slot you want

Delta V
01-12-2014, 10:28 PM
I don't really see that as "passing the parcel" so to speak just 6 trance sets. I think it would be more fun and challenging to string a couple of tunes together to form more of a collab mix, with 3-4 tunes for each member. Like we did with the DJF breaks collab (http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/supermancory/play/44401) and DJF DnB collab (http://www.mixcloud.com/jilted_jane/dj-forums-db-dancefloor-collaboration-2011-2012/) a few years ago. Yeah the flow wasn't perfect, but it showcased the DJs and styles on DJF.

M!TCH
01-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Mitch, I'm willing to negotiate anywhere between 134-140 depending on which slot you want

I can run with 138-140 if you're cool with that.

I don't really see that as "passing the parcel" so to speak just 6 trance sets. I think it would be more fun and challenging to string a couple of tunes together to form more of a collab mix, with 3-4 tunes for each member. Like we did with the DJF breaks collab (http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/supermancory/play/44401) and DJF DnB collab (http://www.mixcloud.com/jilted_jane/dj-forums-db-dancefloor-collaboration-2011-2012/) a few years ago. Yeah the flow wasn't perfect, but it showcased the DJs and styles on DJF.

I totally get where you are coming from. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

http://projectlifemastery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/decisions.jpg

JackStalk
01-12-2014, 11:06 PM

I think given the talent of the guys here, we can do 1-3 songs each and string them together. It'd be a lot more fun IMO.

Mitch, you're go for 138-140, I'll take 134-138

Vernski
01-13-2014, 12:54 AM
Wow, this thing is really gaining some momentum.......One could say that it's beginning to snowball into something quite massive...

http://1humor.com/img/upload/15022012122807-funny-gifs-giant-snowball.gif

I'd like to hang around Sedna's neck of the woods.

Once you guys work it all out, I'll fit in wherever :)

Sedna
01-13-2014, 02:00 AM
Could just do both =)

ChrisHynds
01-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Just reading back over the posts, I think 45 minutes max per person possibly even 30 miinutes would be perfect, while I think its awesome to spin 1 hour each, 6 hours? "Aint nobody got time fo dat"

Oh an Im down for 130-134 Ive got some epic deep prog/psy trance around the 130-134 region :)

Delta V
01-22-2014, 09:47 PM
So keep it to 30 min / 4 tracks a person to keep it listenable in one sitting?

Let's get this rolling Sedna go go go!

Vernski
01-22-2014, 10:18 PM
30 minutes sounds good to me, Like Delta said.....Let's get it going :tup:

M!TCH
01-23-2014, 11:52 PM
I'll get my recorded this weekend.

Sedna
01-24-2014, 12:46 AM
word, I'll get one done this weekend.

Sedna
01-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Just make sure you stick to the beginning and ending BPM that I assigned earlier. I don't want processing this to take more time than it should, I've got a really busy schedule right now.

Vernski
01-24-2014, 01:56 AM
Alright, how about something like this...

Sedna - 122 - 127

Vernski - 127-130

Chris Hynds - 130-134

JackStalk - 134-138

MiTCH - 138-140

So this is the one we're running with ?^^^^

Delta V
01-24-2014, 11:17 AM
That's okay with me ^

So we all do a mini-mix and send to Sedna, basically showcasing what the Trance DJs on DJF are all about? Cause then I'll play my records and stuff. I'll record this weekend and play at 140.

Sometime in the future though (march-april?) it would be fun to do a pass the file thingy were you listen the previous then add on and try to keep the flow?

Sedna
01-24-2014, 01:29 PM
That's okay with me ^

So we all do a mini-mix and send to Sedna, basically showcasing what the Trance DJs on DJF are all about? Cause then I'll play my records and stuff. I'll record this weekend and play at 140.

Sometime in the future though (march-april?) it would be fun to do a pass the file thingy were you listen the previous then add on and try to keep the flow?

We can do that in the future, I think that would be cool.

Yeah, Vern. Stick with those BPMs. If anyone has an qualm with their BPM range, just let me know so we can change it around a little.

Also, if you feel like introing in or out, don't hesitate to do so. Having an intro gives me the option to overlay that or overlay it into the beat. Basically it just gives me more room to work with. But if you don't have intro/outro tracks you want to work with, that's totally fine too.

Cheers, guys. Come up with something good!

JackStalk
01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
I know most of you guys usually do stuff with little to no vocals, so I'll select similarly so it flows well.

Sedna
01-24-2014, 06:46 PM
I legitimately can't remember the last time I played a vocal track, hahaha

Vernski
01-24-2014, 07:43 PM
I've got one more question,

Mr Hynds said earlier that the preceding mix contains the first track of the proceeding mix,(or the following mix contains the last track of the previous mix) as this makes joining the mixes easier. Are we doing this, because it looks like Sedna's going to have a tough time joining mixes that are all in different musical directions?

If we are doing the way Chris suggested, does each mix announce their last track so we can download or use it and blend it into our own mix and then announce our last track and so on...?

Sedna
01-24-2014, 10:04 PM
dawg you doubt my production skills too much. I can blend em. If anything I can even layer some of my own pads in to make the transition smoother.

Sedna
01-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Though I suppose if you feel like posting what song you're going to start with, the person before you can end with that song and it won't really be too much extra effort.

Vernski
01-25-2014, 01:27 AM
dawg you doubt my production skills too much. I can blend em. If anything I can even layer some of my own pads in to make the transition smoother.

Haha, no way :lol: Although with my minuscule/non existent knowledge of production, it all seems REALLY hard :badpc:

EDIT

Sedna, I thought about it a little more and I'm happy for you to call your last track and I'll use it to start off my mix :)

Sedna
01-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Alright, I'll get on it then.

M!TCH
01-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Delta, I don't know what track I'm going to end on, but I am avoiding any of the heavier psy stuff. Should make mixing into a classic set not as abrupt.

JackStalk
01-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Yo Haynes ketchup clear your pm box so you can tell me what track you wanna end with kthxbai. Mitch, pm me what you're starting with

ChrisHynds
01-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Cleared my inbox man, hit me up

Delta V
01-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah I so didn't get this done this weekend, but I have two tracklists for two different vibes, might just record'em both and post whatever one sounds better.

ChrisHynds
01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
So its a 30minute set right?

deathsupport
01-29-2014, 01:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y0Yd4JV.jpg

Just saw this thread. I am pretty busy with assignments and projects right now (it's my last semester of uni, whoooo!!!) and haven't touched any of my DJ gear in over a month. Whenever this happens again, count me in!

M!TCH
01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Yeah Heinz, 30 minutes

Sedna
01-29-2014, 10:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y0Yd4JV.jpg

Just saw this thread. I am pretty busy with assignments and projects right now (it's my last semester of uni, whoooo!!!) and haven't touched any of my DJ gear in over a month. Whenever this happens again, count me in!

Whacha studyin broski!?

I'm also busy as shit with assignments and shit. But I'll get one done. Can't promise I won't do math problems between songs, though :lol:

Vernski
01-29-2014, 11:17 PM
All these educated fuckerz everywhere :argh:

I just chop and spin mountains of vegetable all day long :(

But then I hang out here with educated fuckerz and I'm happy :)

What are both you lads studying?

Sedna
01-30-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm a physics undergrad right now. Applying for astrophysics graduate programs in the fall. Fuckin space and shit.

Vernski
01-30-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm a physics undergrad right now. Applying for astrophysics graduate programs in the fall. Fuckin space and shit.

Awesome......Do me a favour, when you are holding a press conference for the first human Mars Landing, make sure you say "Fuckin space and shit" in there somewhere :lol:

Seriously, that's some well developed grey matter there...I hope you get into the astrophysics program.

deathsupport
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Computer engineering undergrad, but almost done!!! I graduate in April after 5 long years... Can't wait to get a full-time job, focus on DJ'ing/producing and quit/get fired from the job to pursue my hobby :D

EDIT: speaking of which, heads up to you all... in our final year we are required to build a design project. My group decided to build a gesture-based DJ controller using a neat little thing called the Leap Motion. Is it practical? Not really, unless you are looking to do a set and get in an arm workout at the same time. But for someone with a Leap who is new to DJing and wants to try it out, it's a very cheap way to get into it. It'll also work with DMX512, which is the standard for controlling lights/fog machines/etc. I think that's the coolest part - adding a new aspect of showmanship to a set to what's otherwise a very stationary performance. Uhmm... I'll be posting about this in the near future on the forum, just wanted to share!

Delta V
01-30-2014, 01:12 PM

Nice! I recently graduated with a Physics Degree and an emphasis on Physics Education. Hated sitting in a lab staring at MATLAB all day but love being on my feet teaching introductory physics. Where are you applying for Astrophysics? Any content area in Astronomy you're looking at getting into?

Computer engineering undergrad, but almost done!!! I graduate in April after 5 long years... Can't wait to get a full-time job, focus on DJ'ing/producing and quit/get fired from the job to pursue my hobby :D

EDIT: speaking of which, heads up to you all... in our final year we are required to build a design project. My group decided to build a gesture-based DJ controller using a neat little thing called the Leap Motion. Is it practical? Not really, unless you are looking to do a set and get in an arm workout at the same time. But for someone with a Leap who is new to DJing and wants to try it out, it's a very cheap way to get into it. It'll also work with DMX512, which is the standard for controlling lights/fog machines/etc. I think that's the coolest part - adding a new aspect of showmanship to a set to what's otherwise a very stationary performance. Uhmm... I'll be posting about this in the near future on the forum, just wanted to share!

If I could control my lights with gesture via DMX that would be amazing, can't wait for you to post this up. Good job!

JackStalk
01-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Nice! I recently graduated with a Physics Degree and an emphasis on Physics Education.

Physics Education? GYM CLASS! :P

M!TCH
01-31-2014, 02:13 AM
Awesome......Do me a favour, when you are holding a press conference for the first human Mars Landing, make sure you say "Fuckin space and shit" in there somewhere :lol:

I'm currently working at the company that launches all the rockets that take those vehicles into space. :teef:

Who do I send my mix to?

Vernski
01-31-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm currently working at the company that launches all the rockets that take those vehicles into space. :teef:

Who do I send my mix to?

Wow....Stark Enterprises...Nice Work!!! :teef::lol: ummm, NASA??? is it?

I must say that I'm genuinely impressed with the company I'm keeping here :tup:

I believe Sedna is your man, since he's lovingly merging all the tracks once they're done :)

Sedna
01-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Nice! I recently graduated with a Physics Degree and an emphasis on Physics Education. Hated sitting in a lab staring at MATLAB all day but love being on my feet teaching introductory physics. Where are you applying for Astrophysics? Any content area in Astronomy you're looking at getting into?

I'm applying all over the place... Yale, Boston University and University of Hawaii are my big 3, but I'm also sending out applications to places like Georgia State and Indiana. I'm applying for both Astronomy and Astrophysics grad programs... the job market is basically the same for both (and I'll probably end up in academia anyway).

Glad to see there's other physics lovers on board. And way to go on the Computer Engineering DS! That shit is bad ass :dance:

Era 7
01-31-2014, 01:23 PM
this has now officially turned into a university thread :P

Vernski
02-02-2014, 03:04 PM
I grovel at the feet my fellow trance-heads....namely Mr Hynds & Sedna.

I don't want to upset the apple cart any more than I already have, I've inadvertently made a mix that doesn't quite fit the pre-described mould.

EDIT

15 Minute Intro Mixed By Sedna :love:

Vernski: 125 to 128 :uhoh:

Sedna: 128 to 130 :slayer:

ChrisH: 130 to ??? :fap:

Sorry about the runaround fellas. :)

ChrisHynds
02-03-2014, 08:04 AM
ok cool Im down for what ever, can you post the full "FINALISED" run down from start to finish so we all know where we stand

JackStalk
02-03-2014, 12:16 PM
is there a due date yet?

Sedna
02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Ok, up******:

Sedna - Chill as fuck intro mix because I smoke too much weed

Vernski - 125-128

Sedna - 128-130

Chris Hynds - 130-134

JackStalk - 134-138

MiTCH - 138-140

Sedna
02-03-2014, 12:47 PM
I have two big exams this week and I have to apply for about a dozen internships, so my hands are tied until the weekend (and I'm under the impression that my girlfriend has gotten me a birthday present that involves me going away for this entire upcoming weekend). Any free time I have will be spent playing Starbound and watching the Boston Bruins.

Let's call a due date for Tuesday, February 11th. I can mix it that week and get it uploaded by the weekend.

Delta V
02-03-2014, 01:03 PM
I tried this weekend but had some dodgy beatmixing, I actually don't play this fast that often, will re-do by the 11th.

KLH
02-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Someone get rolling on this sheeit right now 'cause I'm starved for some great trance mixing.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/779711c2ed89c4e848cf592f98c6380e/tumblr_mstq8a0GEc1ramh22o1_500.gif

Vernski
02-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I tried this weekend but had some dodgy beatmixing, I actually don't play this fast that often, will re-do by the 11th.

Use some sync :P: :teef:

Vernski
02-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks Sed for up****** you beat me to it :tup:

diceallion
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Damn guys.... WHERES THE RECORDING!!!

Vernski
02-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Someone get rolling on this sheeit right now 'cause I'm starved for some great trance mixing.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/779711c2ed89c4e848cf592f98c6380e/tumblr_mstq8a0GEc1ramh22o1_500.gif

Damn guys.... WHERES THE RECORDING!!!

We will get there.....

There is much weed to be smoked and booze to be savored, this requires time and patience to enjoy fully.....:lush:

There's also the fact that some of us are book worms and genuinely busy people both working and studying.....:school:

We will get our shit together :dance:

Vernski
02-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Ok Trancaholics, mix is done and forwarded to Sedna

ChrisHynds
02-08-2014, 09:25 AM
I think its worth bringing up that if I'm after Sedna it would be a goof idea if you post me your tracklist before I start working on mine dude. Going from previous experiences over 50% of the trax we use in tournaments and battles are the same :P

Delta V
02-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Uploading now, a few dodgy transitions but fuck it it's live. Will send ya a PM tonight Sedna.

Sedna
02-11-2014, 10:51 PM
If you tried to PM me a mix and your name is NOT Delta V (I got yours) please resend. My inbox was full.

Sedna
02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
I think its worth bringing up that if I'm after Sedna it would be a goof idea if you post me your tracklist before I start working on mine dude. Going from previous experiences over 50% of the trax we use in tournaments and battles are the same :P

I'm recording mine tomorrow, I'll send you the list. I'm probably gonna get weird with it, though, so you won't have to worry.

M!TCH
02-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Ah sheeit. Forgot to send this to Sedna. I'll PM it to you tomorrow night once I get settled in FL.

JackStalk
02-17-2014, 11:26 AM
still waiting on mitchen to PM me back so i can finish mine

Sedna
02-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Update: I got a little too overzealous with my intro mix and it ended up being 40 minutes long, and I don't give a fuck because it's awesome. I'll finish my second mix today or tomorrow. At that point it's just the mixing, so as long as everyone gets me their mixes it shouldn't be too long before I have it done.

JackStalk
02-17-2014, 06:12 PM
I believe too!

Vernski
02-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Update: I got a little too overzealous with my intro mix and it ended up being 40 minutes long, and I don't give a fuck because it's awesome. I'll finish my second mix today or tomorrow. At that point it's just the mixing, so as long as everyone gets me their mixes it shouldn't be too long before I have it done.

:lol: Nice work, milking a 15 minute intro and turning into a 40 minute masterpiece. :lol:

Anxious to hear the finished product.....

Sedna
02-19-2014, 05:21 PM
As it stands now I only have Vernski and Delta's parcels. I know Chris is waiting on my mix, but you might just wanna do one yourself and send me the tracklist and I'll just record my portion the same day I'm mixing it all.

MiTCH and Jack, still need yours.

JackStalk
02-19-2014, 05:33 PM
mitch is MIA, he wont answer me. I have my mix ready to go but I want to mix his first track with mine so you can just chop n drop

M!TCH
02-21-2014, 08:30 PM
mitch is MIA, he wont answer me. I have my mix ready to go but I want to mix his first track with mine so you can just chop n drop

I didn't PM you because your inbox is full. Spotty internet out here in FL. Heading to the gym soon, I'll be back to hotel room in a couple of hours and it WILL be in your inbox Sedna. Sorry for the delay guys, it's been an utter shit show out here at the client. Should have sent it while I was in CO, but I didn't let it finish uploading to DB.

JackStalk
02-22-2014, 12:26 AM
cleared. The 20 messages thing really is garbage...

ChrisHynds
02-23-2014, 06:19 AM
Hey lads, Ill get mine done this week, been really busy recently and haven't had time to think about this or be on the forum much.

JackStalk
02-24-2014, 10:07 AM
I'll be finished this week as well. Just gotta record it.

M!TCH
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
What's the status on this? People were rushing me to get it pulled together right before my trip and it's been two weeks without no stinking updates. :argh:

Vernski
03-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Haha, I was waiting to see how long it took m!tch to crack it. :argh::lol:

No doubt you'll light a fire up whosever arse needs to be moved :P

JackStalk
03-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm actually off tonight, once I get out of work I'll send mine over to sedna. I forgot because this hasnt gotten bumped in two weeks

Sedna
03-07-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm still waiting on Chris and Jack. Mine is done.

M!TCH
03-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Come on u nubs, let's get this thing rolling again...

M!TCH
03-12-2014, 09:24 PM
If you don't have Chris and Jack's by the middle of next week. I say we have people cover their sections.

Vernski
03-12-2014, 11:57 PM
If you don't have Chris and Jack's by the middle of next week. I say we have people cover their sections.

Be cool amigo, there's no rush on this. The moment we start making this a mission to be completed, all the fun is lost.

It's mostly done, just need those two lads to post their mixes....

How's about it lads, how far away are you guys from uploading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisHynds
03-14-2014, 04:00 AM
Im more than happy to sit this one out, you guys can find a replacement for my section of the set, sorry to hold everything up but its at the bottom of my priority list atm, got too much happening and will struggle to get it done, sorry to be the one to spoil the fun but Im just being realistic.

Vernski
03-14-2014, 04:34 AM
No problems mr Hynds, I do have some idea of how busy you are these days. Maybe next time around. M!TCH, I'm happy for you to sub for Chris. Are you ok with it?

M!TCH
03-14-2014, 06:33 AM
Im more than happy to sit this one out, you guys can find a replacement for my section of the set, sorry to hold everything up but its at the bottom of my priority list atm, got too much happening and will struggle to get it done, sorry to be the one to spoil the fun but Im just being realistic.

No sweat buddy, finding times seems to be harder and harder these days.

No problems mr Hynds, I do have some idea of how busy you are these days. Maybe next time around. M!TCH, I'm happy for you to sub for Chris. Are you ok with it?

Unfortunately, I don't have the time for it. I've been on a business trip for the past month and have so much work to do when I get back home this weekend. Thanks for asking though

Vernski
03-14-2014, 07:41 AM
No problem, leave it with me. I'll find someone to fill in :tup:

EDIT: I've PM'd Kyle133, hopefully he can put something together.

Jack, have you done a mix yet or are you waiting for someone?

JackStalk
03-14-2014, 10:17 AM
I've got mine but I was going to re-record it because I found a track this week I really liked. I can squeeze 130-138 and do a new mix tonight which would incorporate chris's section too. I've got a ton of really good stuff in that bpm range and would have it done by tomorrow if you guys want me to do 45 minutes of 130-138. IF mitch could PM me the track he started with I can mix into it and make the overall mix sound cleaner. Also whoever is ending at 130, I'd mix into your track too to make Sedna's job easier.

kyle133
03-14-2014, 12:22 PM
I got Vernski's invite today to join in on this epic mix, and I would be honored to fill in for the 130-134 slot. It sounds like Jackstalk is set to take over for Chris, but if you guys will have me, I can have a mix ready for Monday.

#djftrancefamily

Vernski
03-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Ok, up******:

Sedna - Chill as fuck intro mix because I smoke too much weed

Vernski - 125-128

Sedna - 128-130

Kyle133- 130- steady mix (if possible)

JackStalk - 130-138

MiTCH - 138-140

Ok, here's what I'm thinking......

I would still like Kyle to be involved, it will bring another mixing style into the overall compilation. He can do a 130 mix and work into the start of Jack's mix.

Jack can you please PM Kyle and let him know what track you're starting with. Sedna is out of the country right now, hopefully he'll pop by here and let Kyle know what his last track was.

This wouldn't impact on Jack's mixing plans, so Mr Stalk - Do whatever you have planned and Kyle can create a mix that joins Sedna's and yours. :)

M!TCH
03-15-2014, 01:57 AM
I've got mine but I was going to re-record it because I found a track this week I really liked. I can squeeze 130-138 and do a new mix tonight which would incorporate chris's section too. I've got a ton of really good stuff in that bpm range and would have it done by tomorrow if you guys want me to do 45 minutes of 130-138. IF mitch could PM me the track he started with I can mix into it and make the overall mix sound cleaner. Also whoever is ending at 130, I'd mix into your track too to make Sedna's job easier.

I don't remember what I started with. Not on the computer that has the mix saved in DB. I guess I don't understand how you mixing into the track makes it any easier for Sedna to put the pieces together. Either way he is going to have to mix things together and it's probably easier if he has a track that rides all the way out and a track that starts at the beginning so that he can choose where he wants to join them.

Vernski
03-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Sedna said that he can do it either way, he can mix whatever we come up with. Or we can use the incoming/ outgoing track method. The reason for it is that it's really easy to merge the mixes together on Audacity etc. Sedna is working with identical tracks on each end thus making it easier for him. The core of it all is that Sedna is donating his time to the overall project and I feel that it is important to make it as smooth as possible for him.

JackStalk
03-16-2014, 11:55 AM
It all comes down to what he wants to do. If he's comfortable at 130 that's fine, otherwise he can do 130-134 and I'll rerecord my 134-138. It's all up to you guys. I'm ready to go once we finalize this

Vernski
03-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Sorry Jack, I went by your earlier post where you said you had it all planned out.

Kyle, can you touch base with Jack and work out your sets. We won't worry about marrying up the mixes. It's mostly done that way, it won't hurt if there are a couple that aren't. :)

ChrisHynds
03-17-2014, 08:01 AM
I have a 130-134 set Im using for my next Radio show, I can send it through now if it helps, if you have already arranged a replacement thats cool, just lemme know what you wanna do man

Vernski
03-17-2014, 08:41 AM
I have a 130-134 set Im using for my next Radio show, I can send it through now if it helps, if you have already arranged a replacement thats cool, just lemme know what you wanna do man
That's great!!!, lol I was thinking about hitting you up for a mix you might have kicking around on your hard drive. That's perfect :tup:

OK, it's time to get this thing done and dusted....I'm taking charge of this baby to get it finished.

Jack, can you please do an awesome 134 to 138 set - whatever pleases you in the mix.

Kyle, I still want you to do your thing. A 130 bpm mix from beginning to end would be ideal.

Thanks again CH for coming through with the goods :)

Once they're sorted, just send them of to Sedna.

Cheers lads :D

ChrisHynds
03-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Ill send it throught tomorrow

JackStalk
03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
I'll record mine tonight the way I was originally going to do it. 30 mins and I'll send it over to sedna

ChrisHynds
03-18-2014, 07:53 AM
where am I sending this too?

EDIT Ill upload to sendspace and link it to Sedna, ps sorry in advance Sedna, your gonna have to find a mix out point, its a 60 minute set that I had to trim so there isnt much of an outro section to work with but I know you will be able to handle it :teef:

Vernski
03-18-2014, 07:55 AM
You can send it to Sedna via soundcloud with messaging

EDIT: Everything is cool, CH has it under control :D

Sedna
03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
I can work with anything so long as the beginning and ending BPMs are correct. Just need Jack's, then we're good!

M!TCH
03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Sedna said that he can do it either way, he can mix whatever we come up with. Or we can use the incoming/ outgoing track method. The reason for it is that it's really easy to merge the mixes together on Audacity etc. Sedna is working with identical tracks on each end thus making it easier for him. The core of it all is that Sedna is donating his time to the overall project and I feel that it is important to make it as smooth as possible for him.

...pretty sure he'd use Ableton over Audacity. Furthermore, makes no sense how having person A mixing into person B's intro track and then sending that in as now Sedna will have to find where the two meet together. Would be a lot easier to have the outré track ride out and let him use person B's intro track. But then again, what do I know :shrug:

Vernski
03-23-2014, 06:09 PM
...pretty sure he'd use Ableton over Audacity. Furthermore, makes no sense how having person A mixing into person B's intro track and then sending that in as now Sedna will have to find where the two meet together. Would be a lot easier to have the outré track ride out and let him use person B's intro track. But then again, what do I know :shrug:

I think you know quite a bit :school: My thinking towards mix A calling their last track, is that it sets the tone for mix B. Mix B then has to work in their style of mix from mix A's ending. I see a better flow coming as each mix builds and is related to the previous.

I agree with you that mix A's outgoing track could be played out and Mix B's Starting track can be played from the beginning and it all can be merged by our music wizard Sedna. However, by applying the text in blue, I think a better overall mega-mix would be achieved...but what would I know :P

Sedna
03-24-2014, 06:18 PM
If there's a real big clash of genres at a mix point I can staple in some sort of 3 new track transition and cover it better. You can take the credit for my amaze mixing.

JackStalk
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
I suck I'm sorry. I had a really rough weekend. I'm gonna finish my mix tonight(tues) and send it over.

Vernski
03-26-2014, 09:15 PM
So Jack do you still suck....or have you done your mix and sending it by carrier pigeon :P

Sedna
03-27-2014, 02:53 AM
The raven is expected to arrive by next Sun's light. I will be breaking fast in the morning when word of Jack's mix comes from King's Landing.

Vernski
03-27-2014, 03:19 AM
:lol: Game of Throner :tup:

JackStalk
03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I have it, I just havent been home to send it over yet.

Vernski
03-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Hey um, I feel a little awkward asking this, but I will anyway.

This project has been a true test of dedication and commitment for us all. Yet we haven't even finished this one yet....

So I was thinking we could learn from this one and have break from it....

And do another one!!!! :teef:

What is was thinking of was a 2014 year mix that has us all involved in some way.

We will all be more organised and we have the majority of the year to discover what music really hit home for each of us.

Perhaps we post something in general forum to find out who is interested in participating.

After that, all participants can agree on their preferred bpm. We leave it at that and let the year run its course.

Vernski
04-11-2014, 08:04 AM
So what's happening here? Has Jack delivered his parcel yet?

JackStalk
04-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I PM'd it to him weeks ago....

Sedna
04-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Yeah I have them all, sorry for the delay but I expected this to be two months ago when I wasn't buried up to my neck in 400-level physics coursework. It may be a little further delayed, but now that we have all the parts it's only a matter of time before I can get it all completed. Don't worry, it'll happen soon =D

Vernski
04-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah I have them all, sorry for the delay but I expected this to be two months ago when :school::lol: I wasn't buried up to my neck in 400-level physics coursework.:lol::school: It may be a little further delayed, but now that we have all the parts it's only a matter of time before I can get it all completed. Don't worry, it'll happen soon =D

Good news, so long as you've got all the pieces :tup:

No stress, don't destroy any synapses in order to get it done.

M!TCH
08-19-2014, 11:03 PM
WHAT THE FUCK.

I just came across my section of this parcel thing and I am disappointed it hasn't been put into anything yet :-(

Vernski
08-19-2014, 11:07 PM
:lol:

JackStalk
08-20-2014, 11:41 AM
WHAT THE FUCK.

I just came across my section of this parcel thing and I am disappointed it hasn't been put into anything yet :-(

I was actually talking shit on Sedna's facebook about this yesterday.

Vernski
08-20-2014, 11:44 AM
It will pretty much be like a trance music time capsule.

Whenever it gets finished, it will be like whoa...I remember that phase I was going through way back when. :lol:

M!TCH
08-07-2021, 05:07 AM
Holy thread revival batman. Did this ever get finished?!?