PDA

View Full Version : Starry Starry Night.... Tell me how this star rating system works?

wapples
01-09-2014, 12:18 AM
How does the star rating work on this site exactly? It seems more complex than the scoring system in a pinball game.

OP

Marc S
01-09-2014, 01:33 AM
complex? its easy

if you say something funny, or useful, or interesting etc, you get rep, that will increase your stars

if you say something stupid, or incorrect, or about piracy, or suggest you like something that others dont like, they will negative rep you, that decreases them.

Sigma
01-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Also, the more reputation you get, the more your "rep power" increases, so that when you give reputation to another user it has a greater effect. If you get positive rep off me or Marc, it's more likely to add a star under your name than if some n00b who'd just signed up gave you positive rep.

wapples
01-10-2014, 12:37 AM
OK so not to ask the STUPID question LOL but how is that moderated. I mean Iam not quite on par with the Burj Al Arab so as a result do I have input. A chap popped up a mighty fine post the other day and All I can say in the entry was +10 for his input is there something more political/technical correct that would aid him to a further gold star of maybe a scratch n sniff sticker LOL

OP

Marc S
01-10-2014, 02:17 AM
its not moderated,

allensmusic
01-10-2014, 02:49 AM
the entire forum has very little moderation of any type.
mostly they just delete the spam.

CountElectrfique
01-12-2014, 08:14 AM
By the way, what is the maximum number of rep stars?

KLH
01-12-2014, 08:26 AM
11. IIRC, it takes ~2000 rep points to get that.

KLH
01-12-2014, 08:28 AM
the entire forum has very little moderation of any type.
Just don't piss off the admins (-J and Stripe). No one will support you.

Windows 95
01-13-2014, 12:15 AM
its not moderated,Not moderated but they can see who gave positive reps & negatives reps to who, and what was written.

Marc S
01-13-2014, 01:33 AM
true but nobody checks it, unless it seems like someone is obviously abusing it, certain people neg all the time for example if the word download is mentioned, jump the gun "OMG PIRATE YOU SCUM NEG NEG" without even reading the rest for example. see someone with a negative star who's new and you can almost guarantee the same name(s) is in the rep list.

Era 7
01-13-2014, 03:10 AM
i personally don't neg people that often, unless they say something utterly stupid or offensive (my last neg rep given was to AdrianR)

M!TCH
01-13-2014, 07:49 AM
true but nobody checks it, unless it seems like someone is obviously abusing it, certain people neg all the time for example if the word download is mentioned, jump the gun "OMG PIRATE YOU SCUM NEG NEG" without even reading the rest for example. see someone with a negative star who's new and you can almost guarantee the same name(s) is in the rep list.

:lol: you talking about me Marc?!?!?

I'll neg the one hit wonders who come on here to spam their noise in the wrong forums and what not. If I don't, I can't spread positive rep to the good peeps because it tells me I have to wait before giving to that person. Plus, it's the 21st century. If you don't know how forums work by now....

Marc S
01-13-2014, 08:45 AM
nah not you,

Badger
01-13-2014, 11:02 PM
No, M!TCH. He's talking about me.

wapples
01-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Ok so How do I give someone a + or - point on the scoreboard or I don't have the authority to do that?

OP

M!TCH
01-16-2014, 11:37 PM
See the little star underneath people's post count? That is how you give rep. The triangle with the exclamation mark icon is for reporting a post that violates the rules.