PDA

View Full Version : Need help from DJM-900NXS users

DJNR
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I bought my Pioneer mixer last week or so and so far I'm loving it but I have a couple of problems when it comes to Traktor.

When I connect the mixer to my mac, everything is all fine and dandy, the problem lies within Traktor when I actually use 1200s with Timecode Vinyl. Here are my problems:

1) The vinyl reading done by the mixer constantly fluctuates, and sometimes it can't even calibrate the vinyl. When I use other interfaces such as my audio 8 and my S4, the vinyl reads perfectly.

2) I keep experiencing pops and crackles when I mix, even when I raise the latency unbelievably high.

Have you guys experienced these problems + found a solution for them?

frandomeda
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
My friends computer was also having the pops and crackles when I let her borrow the DJM900... She has an older Macbook. What are your settings at this moment?

TrueWind
03-18-2012, 10:30 AM
If It pops and Crackles, make sure you have the updated Drivers (Yes even on mac you gotta do it). The reason why is that one of the most recent upgrades of snow leopard screwed some stuff up, so pioneer had to re do some drivers. It happened on my DJM-T1....

So install the newest drivers, and let us know if that solved it.

DJNR
03-18-2012, 01:06 PM
If It pops and Crackles, make sure you have the updated Drivers (Yes even on mac you gotta do it). The reason why is that one of the most recent upgrades of snow leopard screwed some stuff up, so pioneer had to re do some drivers. It happened on my DJM-T1....

So install the newest drivers, and let us know if that solved it.

I'm actually on the newest drivers and everything. I don't know what the heck is up. I'm more worried about the vinyl calibration than I am of the popping and cracking. I have the newest Macbook Pro and I am running the newest version of Lion.

By the way, I am a pretty avid PC user and never really depended on Macs installing the drivers themselves anyways :P

Era 7
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
also running the newest firmware on the DJM?

DJNR
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
also running the newest firmware on the DJM?

I'm running 1.20 but I am going to upgrade to 1.21 or 1.23 or whatever the newest one is.

DJNR
03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I uninstalled everything from my computer having to do with Pioneer or the Nexus and re-installed as if I just got the mixer and for some reason it works now.

Thanks for the help guys.

simonk20
11-19-2012, 07:39 PM
hi all ok I had a similar problem with my djm 900 & traktor pro 2.6, what solved for me was turning off (disabling) all network devices Bluetooth wifi LAN etc