PDA

View Full Version : Beginning! Mixdeck vs Mixdeck express?!

Scooter
03-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey guys this is my first time buying a set up, and i have pretty much narrowed it down to a Mixdeck or Mixdeck express from the information i have gathered with other threads / asking a DJ at my local buyer. Just curious, how do you guys feel as far as which one for a beginning DJ? As far as music goes, i am mainly interested in progressive house / electric music (if that makes a difference, local guy said it could slightly) but i want some feedback from the real experts. Thanks for your time guys any feedback is appreciated

KLH
03-11-2012, 07:04 PM
You'll be fine with either. Play with both at your kcal retailer and decide based on that.

-KLH

Scooter
03-11-2012, 07:18 PM
thanks for the quick reply, sounds good! also at local retailer he showed me the traktor s2, would that be in my view as well as what i want to do with it?

KLH
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Assuming that you're asking for a recommendation on what to look at, I'd recommend looking at these controllers:

* Hercules 4mx
* Hercules 4Set
* Numark NS6
* Numark NS7
* NI S2
* NI S4

Pretty much, the above has two controllers for VDJ, ITCH, and TP. You're bound to find something to like.

-KLH

Scooter
03-11-2012, 08:03 PM
yes in all honesty i am looking for more on the effects side of live DJing, is the S4/S2 better for this than the mixdeck? from what i can see and have heard the Mixdeck does not have as much on the effects side as traktor does

KLH
03-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Just remember that the effects are in the DJ app... and yes, Traktor's effects are top notch.

But still, effects are best handled like make up. A little goes a long way. Its easy to abuse effects.

-KLH

mostapha
03-12-2012, 12:09 AM
But still, effects are best handled like make up. A little goes a long way. Its easy to abuse effects.:stupid:

Beginners shouldn't touch effects for a long time.