PDA

View Full Version : Traktor Pros, need some help

Defiance
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm trying to use the NS6 in Traktor, but one of the biggest issues I keep facing is the jog wheels don't work the same as they do in itch. This seems to be a traktor thing, as my VMS4 worked the same way in VDJ as the NS6 does in itch, but both work the same way in traktor.

When having the jog wheels in scratch mode, I use the outside of the job wheels to blend the tracks. However its delayed, by the time it starts to move fader, and it will keep moving after I stop moving the wheel.

Is there any simple way to make the jog wheels act like they do in all the other software out there?

Also is there a way to global search for tracks?

I also noticed the output knob on the NS6 starts to clip about 50% of the knob's range, while in Itch it takes the entire range of the knob.

B3NNY
03-11-2012, 06:21 PM
What do ya mean by blend tracks? Do you mean tempo bend?

DJNR
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm trying to use the NS6 in Traktor, but one of the biggest issues I keep facing is the jog wheels don't work the same as they do in itch. This seems to be a traktor thing, as my VMS4 worked the same way in VDJ as the NS6 does in itch, but both work the same way in traktor.

When having the jog wheels in scratch mode, I use the outside of the job wheels to blend the tracks. However its delayed, by the time it starts to move fader, and it will keep moving after I stop moving the wheel.

Is there any simple way to make the jog wheels act like they do in all the other software out there?

Also is there a way to global search for tracks?

I also noticed the output knob on the NS6 starts to clip about 50% of the knob's range, while in Itch it takes the entire range of the knob.

1. I don't think the NS6 platters are certified for scratch mode within Traktor. Since it isn't a "scratch" controller, I think you need to use the CDJ type mode unless you go out and get something like an MC6000 or an S4.

2. There is a global way to search tracks, you just input your query in the box on the left hand side of the screen above the playlists that has a little magnifying glass.

3. Turn down the master volume at the top within traktor and that should give your NS6 more headroom.

punky
03-12-2012, 02:09 PM
"Scratch certification" only has to do with using turntables and vinyl emulation.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish with your jog wheels, Defiance. Can you explain a little more clearly?

Defiance
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
"Scratch certification" only has to do with using turntables and vinyl emulation.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish with your jog wheels, Defiance. Can you explain a little more clearly?

I use the jog wheels the same way as people use the pitch blend buttons, but using the jog wheels is quicker. Does that make more sense?

djmunster
03-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Idk where but you can set that up in midi mapping